Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the difference between increasing circulation through exercise to other ways

Default What is the difference between increasing circulation through exercise to other ways

I read that increasing circulation in rosacea is good. The way to do this is through moderate exercise.

So why is increasing circulation through other means said to be bad for rosacea? Like Ginko or Astaxanthin?

I cant see why increasing circulation would be good for rosacea...? Isn't increased blood flow the problem!

Although when I was just researching about how increased body temperature increases vasodilation in the face as a way to shed excess heat from the body... I started wondering how that actually makes your core cooler... And then I thought it must be because your body circulates that cooled off blood back in through your body - thus lowering the overall core temperature.

If that was true, then increasing circulation would be good for rosacea in cool climates and bad for rosacea in warm climates. Maybe.

it could also simply be that the conclusions assorted researchers have come to are inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by evolved View Post
    I cant see why increasing circulation would be good for rosacea...? Isn't increased blood flow the problem!

Although when I was just researching about how increased body temperature increases vasodilation in the face as a way to shed excess heat from the body... I started wondering how that actually makes your core cooler... And then I thought it must be because your body circulates that cooled off blood back in through your body - thus lowering the overall core temperature.

If that was true, then increasing circulation would be good for rosacea in cool climates and bad for rosacea in warm climates. Maybe.

It so blooming confusing. I remember reading a book that included a section on rosacea and it said that the aurthor had it and got over it by exercising as this helps deal the the body toxins. In another book, I read that Ginko is good for rosacea. Both increase circulation. I think the theory is that they bring much needed nutrients to the skin. Nacin is another, although this one "opens blood vessels wider" so probably a no brainer that is not good for rosacea.

A quick google search of just "rosacea increasing circulation" reveals:

One of the first natural cures for rosacea is increasing and improving blood circulation.

SOURCE
    Improvement of blood circulation. Among the natural treatments of Rosacea, the primary is improving blood circulation.

SOURCE
    Many believe the best rosacea treatments deal with increasing the blood circulation.

SOUCRE

HOWEVER:

Actually no, Rosemary is known to increase circulation. Exactly the opposite of what is needed for Rosacea.

SOURCE
    Rosacea suffers need to avoid anything that causes inflammation, too much dilation of the blood vessel or increased circulation in the face and neck. ...

SOURCE

You are spot on Dora...!

Question: is a robust, vigorous circulation a good thing? Is it a mark of good health?

Answer: yes

Question: is a problematic condition, an affliction, a disease likely to get better in a fundamentally healthy body or in rotten, weak, and dysfunctional one?

Answer: in the former sort of body.

So much for that.

Exercise will tend to create a healthy circulatory system. It will tend to improve (structural) blood vessel health. It will ensure oxygen is delivered throughout the body. It renders the circulatory system's response to challenges (cold, heat etc ) more appropriate.

The (micro) circulation of rosaceans is (in some cases) spasmodic and inefficient. Now there is too much blood, now too little. The occasional spectacular dilation is not a sign of vigour but of defectiveness. Unwanted new blood vessels might be prompted to grow if the circulation is shoddy (if sufficient oxygen is not being delivered)

Things which prompt vasodilation but provide no other benefits (in terms of vessel health) will merely aggravate the spasmodic tendencies of the rosacean's vasculature.....Vasodilators that might also help with vessel integrity etc should be considered on their own merits.

Quote Originally Posted by GJ View Post
    Exercise will tend to create a healthy circulatory system. It will tend to improve (structural) blood vessel health. It will ensure oxygen is delivered throughout the body. It renders the circulatory system's response to challenges (cold, heat etc ) more appropriate.

You obviously know your stuff!

The (micro) circulation of rosaceans is (in some cases) spasmodic and inefficient. Now there is too much blood, now too little. The occasional spectacular dilation is not a sign of vigour but of defectiveness. Unwanted new blood vessels might be prompted to grow if the circulation is shoddy (if sufficient oxygen is not being delivered)

Having just necked my first Astaxanthin pill, I am pleased you wrote that '(if sufficient oxygen is not being delivered)' as Astaxanthin has been proven to deliver much higher oxygen levels at cellular level. Incase you were interested, see >here<

Things which prompt vasodilation but provide no other benefits (in terms of vessel health) will merely aggravate the spasmodic tendencies of the rosacean's vasculature.....

Hmm, so Ginko and Nacin would probably fit into this box?

Quote Originally Posted by findingaway View Post
    You obviously know your stuff!
    Hmm, so Ginko and Nacin would probably fit into this box?
    Nope.

Gingko possibly, but I would be a good deal less sanguine about niacin.

Nope.

Gingko possibly, but I would be a good deal less sanguine about niacin.
    I mean as in they are bad for rosacea, whereas because astaxanthin increases circulation but also is an antioxidant it may be good for rosacea...

Hmm, I am not sure I got that right actually.

I don't think Astaxanthin delivers more oxygen to cells as it's an antioxidant (i'm tired!)...but rather helps counter the ROS and NO production by increasing SOD.

Quote Originally Posted by findingaway View Post
    Hmm, I am not sure I got that right actually. ... (i'm tired!)
    now you know exactly how all those researchers you've been quoting felt!