Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: morning vs night

Default morning vs night

My face is always more red at night than in the morning. Do other people experience the same consistent pattern? I wake up in the morning and it's not that bad, by the time I go to bed my face is red - whether I triggered a flush or not.

Does anyone know why this is? My theory is just that as the day goes on you hit more and more of your minor triggers/aggravaters and it builds up throughout the day. Then while you sleep you are trigger/aggravater free, so you face has time to drain the blood and heal.

On a related matter - does anyone know the answer to this question: If you could hypothetically stay way from/eliminate all of your triggers for a few weeks, or months, or years, or how ever long it would take, would your face go back to normal color or not?

Thanks,
    Evolved

Heya
    I'm not certain, but i've read somewhere last year that there is the theory that it may be related to cortisol levels and stress. I.e. You wake up in a relaxed state but as the day goes on one may become more tired, stressed so cortisol levels are higher etc Who knows though, it could be a completely false theory.
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

i don't know if it can be explained very readily, since some of us have the opposite pattern, or are inconsistent.
    it might also be related to what time of day we do most of our critical assessment at the mirror.
    i used to think my skin was at its worst first thing in the morning. now i get after-dinner flushing -
    but is that a change in my pattern, or was i just not aware of the after-dinner deal before
    because i didn't go running to look at it? it's a mystery

I was just wondering about something similar myself.
    Sometimes in the late afternoon for no apparent reason my face will just flush and become bright red around the cheek area. I don't really understand why as there is no trigger for this to happen at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by dora View Post
    i don't know if it can be explained very readily, since some of us have the opposite pattern, or are inconsistent.
    it might also be related to what time of day we do most of our critical assessment at the mirror.
    i used to think my skin was at its worst first thing in the morning. now i get after-dinner flushing -
    but is that a change in my pattern, or was i just not aware of the after-dinner deal before
    because i didn't go running to look at it? it's a mystery
    It seems the after-dinner flush is quite common. At least, a lot of people on the forum mention it. I started to have an after-dinner nose flush this winter, which now is rather happening after I go to bed. My nose flushes for no reason whatsoever, though I start to think it might be due to lying down because yesterday, late afternoon, I lied down and when I got up my nose was RED. Maybe more blood pressure towards the head when lying down resulting in vasodilation. Don't know what to do with that. This condition is really depressing.

Marie

I think a big part of it is hormone fluctuations.

1,000mg Solgar MSM
    25mg diphenhydramine
    Rosacea Care moisturizer, tinted ZincO
    I avoid multi-vitamins and most other high-dose vitamins and supplements, oil-based supplements (like omega 3/6, A, and E), nitrite preservatives, sugar, fruit, milk, exercising in a warm room

Less is more!

Default Hormone fluctuations

Hi Driven,
    Could you explain your last post about the hormone fluctuations, ie what kind of hormones, why lying down, etc.

I also had a question for you about supplements. My osteopath gave me a whole list of them she wants me to take and am nervous they are going to flare me up. Don't have all the dosages now but will post them later...
    Thanks
    Vicki
    Dx July 2010 rosacea type 1 and 2/seb derm plus contact allergies to various substances
    Hashimoto's thyroiditis, fibromyalgia

It's possible that after dinner flushing is histamine, body rise in temperature, or blood sugar related.
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Quote Originally Posted by shantelle View Post
    It's possible that after dinner flushing is histamine, body rise in temperature, or blood sugar related.
    After dinner flushing could be explained by histamine or blood sugar... but lately I am more red by 8PM than when I wake up at 8AM every single day, whether I eat or not...

You may find some of the responses at the tail end of this thread somewhat illuminating:

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ers-Time-delay

Re your second question, a subject which I've always found very interesting.

First off, I would guess that in many cases a lot/ some of the redness is not a result of damaged vessels but of sustained inflammation, and it is very likely this will reduce with complete avoidance of triggers/ flushing episodes. (Too many folk, understandably, jump too quickly on the laser/ipl bandwagon thinking their redness can be helped only with destructive treatments.)

Second, if some of the redness is due to 'permanently' disabled or irreversibly dysfunctional vessels will these naturally drop out of the vascular system if the body is working optimally? or if rosacea magically disappears ?(or if all triggers are eliminated.)

I would have previously said yes..hopefully... based on nothing more than the (pervasive) notion that nature is not wasteful and why would it spend energy maintaining faulty systems? Yet now, reading around some of websites that I know certainly Mistica will be familiar with, I will adapt that guess a little and say that the body will happily maintain wonky and dodgy systems so long as it's relentlessly fed calories. Look up 'autophagia' and you'll find some very intriguing stuff.

All hideously amateur guesswork of course.