Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Options, risks and side effects for killing demodex mites?

Dora,

Just to clarify on the TTO usage.

I stopped using 50% diluted TTO daily after your advice. I must admit that once a week I do use 50% dilution though. Now I know that this may cause sensitivity, but I'm willing to risk it for the benefits I have been receiving - daily burning for hours on end makes you take risks like this! (or at least me!). The relief that I don't get this now is just great.

I still value your advice and would love to find something else that has less risks, but reading all the possible options above, TTO seems to have a lower risk then other options.

The only ones that may have less risk is borax (but I don't know enough about it) and maybe sulpher based products. How do these compare?

PS - I accidentally got TTO mixed 50% with SBO and Grapeseed Oil in my eye the other day - not nice.

... if people want to risk sensitization that's their prerogative of course!
    i'm just trying to make sure people who read this forum are aware of the risks.

i work with essential oils, which is why i know about the risks related to using them in high concentrations,
    but i don't have any more information than you have about borax or sulphur products -
    probably less, if you've been reading up on them! i haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by dora View Post
    ... if people want to risk sensitization that's their prerogative of course!
    i'm just trying to make sure people who read this forum are aware of the risks.

i work with essential oils, which is why i know about the risks related to using them in high concentrations,
    but i don't have any more information than you have about borax or sulphur products -
    probably less, if you've been reading up on them! i haven't.

Cool. Thanks for your reply and 100% agree people need all the options. I'd also urge people to do their own research before delving in and trying something that has worked for one person on here - invariably it doesn't work for another.

If I can find a way to continue the success TTO has given me with something else that has less risk, I'd grab for it!

Lightbulb I tried Tea Tree Oil

Hello, I’m new to this website. I have been diagnosed with Rosacea by 3 different derms (one thought it was Perioral Dermotitis – prescribed Aloquin which made my eye bloodshot), but I think I have Demodex infestation. My Rosacea is basically red scattered patches on my chic which once in a while breaks out with tiny white pimples or under skin cysts.
    I tried the tea tree oil (3 drops of tea tree oil diluted with 3 drops of water in a shot glass; applied with a Q-tip on the red patches on my face, 3 applications only).
    When you put it on first, it stings, which is tolerable. The stinging goes away in a few minutes. Then when it dries, there’s white residue where oil was applied. Any idea what that’s all about?
    After 3 times putting the mixture on (before going to sleep), my skin burned I think. It grew a “bark” almost –hard skin –remember when you were a kid, fell and scraped your knee, the stuff that covers your skin while you heal? That kind of “hard skin.” I couldn’t even put make up on to cover it up for few days. Within a few days the bark went away. My red patches had no improvement.
    I did something wrong obviously. I should have diluted the tea tree oil with something else? What about mixing Tea Tree Oil with Sea Buckthorn Oil?

Quote Originally Posted by OCbKA View Post
    Hello, I’m new to this website. I have been diagnosed with Rosacea by 3 different derms (one thought it was Perioral Dermotitis – prescribed Aloquin which made my eye bloodshot), but I think I have Demodex infestation. My Rosacea is basically red scattered patches on my chic which once in a while breaks out with tiny white pimples or under skin cysts.
    I tried the tea tree oil (3 drops of tea tree oil diluted with 3 drops of water in a shot glass; applied with a Q-tip on the red patches on my face, 3 applications only).
    When you put it on first, it stings, which is tolerable. The stinging goes away in a few minutes. Then when it dries, there’s white residue where oil was applied. Any idea what that’s all about?
    After 3 times putting the mixture on (before going to sleep), my skin burned I think. It grew a “bark” almost –hard skin –remember when you were a kid, fell and scraped your knee, the stuff that covers your skin while you heal? That kind of “hard skin.” I couldn’t even put make up on to cover it up for few days. Within a few days the bark went away. My red patches had no improvement.
    I did something wrong obviously. I should have diluted the tea tree oil with something else? What about mixing Tea Tree Oil with Sea Buckthorn Oil?
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you had a reaction.

TTO doesn't dilute in water, so you pretty much applied it neat. I dilute with sea buckthorn oil and grapeseed oil.

I only use a 50% dilution once per week. Too strong on the liver and you can become sensitised.

You sound like you had a reaction to TTO. You might want to either patch test it somewhere not on your face with a weaker dilution, or try another method of killing demodex mites.

Good luck.

Default Tto

hi findingaway;

I ordered organic Sea Buckthorn Oil so I can mix with TTO. Have you had good result mixing? what happens when you apply it?

I get along really well with Thursday's Plantation TTO. Is this the brand you have?

What I do is put on a thin application of the TTO onto my skin followed by lots of Sea Buckthorn oil. My skin keeps drinking in the SBt oil.

If you want to dilute your TTO use another oil (olive, almond, rose hip oil anything almost) but NOT water. Like trying to cool the sting of hot pepper in your mouth with water, the water makes essential oils burn harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OCbKA View Post
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Is the SBO from the seed? You might find it's too thick and stains your skin temporally if not. I use the SBO from the fruit oil, but mix it 80% (grapeseed oil) 20% SBO.

It used to sting when applied it with TTO (at the 50% dilution) but doesn't anymore. Unless I get it in my eye - then the world turns a but orange for a while too!

I haven't got the bottle handy. It's the little bottle of SBt oil from Sibu. I think it must be the seed, since it is very orange. But my skin just drinks it up.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I haven't got the bottle handy. It's the little bottle of SBt oil from Sibu. I think it must be the seed, since it is very orange. But my skin just drinks it up.
    Seed oil has a thinner quality to it. Fruit oil will stain the skin undiluted.