Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rosacea Gone.

Thanks Starlite

Only just seen your post, I thought notification was the default

I applied 25% TTO/75% AO this morning and it didn't feel burnt. Feeling warm now though, but only on my cheeks, my nose feels cool. It could be just coincidence, as it often flares up in the afternoons!!

I don't know whether to apply again today or leave it. If I do apply it, to drop it to 10% TTO as you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    That might be too strong of a ratio to use every day. One poster that I know of used that 50% once a week and the rest of the time used like a 10% solution. Always do a patch test to see how you react and what your skin feels like with a specific treatment... prescription or alternative.. always test for yourself.

I have used TTO and almond oil together and find them very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by brianco View Post
    Thanks Starlite

Only just seen your post, I thought notification was the default

I applied 25% TTO/75% AO this morning and it didn't feel burnt. Feeling warm now though, but only on my cheeks, my nose feels cool. It could be just coincidence, as it often flares up in the afternoons!!

I don't know whether to apply again today or leave it. If I do apply it, to drop it to 10% TTO as you suggest?
    Just watch how you feel. You can always adjust as needed. Maybe use twice a day.. maybe not.. listen to your body. Listen to how your skin feels and how you feel over all. I got a head ache when I was using too much.

Thanks Starlite

Are demodex mites the cause of all Rosacea?

I mean if the TTO doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    Just watch how you feel. You can always adjust as needed. Maybe use twice a day.. maybe not.. listen to your body. Listen to how your skin feels and how you feel over all. I got a head ache when I was using too much.

Thanks Starlite

No... there seems to be other causes too, some people have cleared up by simply taking dairy and wheat out of their diets. There are other things people deal with that may be the cause, I can't name them all. I do think more of it is mites then many know however. It may be a combination of things. Post number 6 in this thread, Systemic inflammation, is another cause.

If the TTO doesn't work, that does not necessarily rule out mites either. That may not be the most effective treatment for you. Have you looked around at the different things people have used successfully?

Thanks Starlite

Starlite is right. While there are stong associations with demodex in recent studies, association does not mean causation. A look back at other research has linked many other factors too. While some people can get into total remission, others cannot. No two individuals are alike so you cannot expect something that worked for someone else to work as well for you (but if it does...great!).

Listen to your body, if it hurts, it is no good. Think about things, if you really feel mites are a contributing factor, don't give up and find another method. If not convinced that mites are your problem try other things.

I try to look at my skin as an ecosystem. In this system lives bacteria, mites, viruses, yeasts, and other fungi. It is fed by the secretions bubbling up through my pores. When everything is in balance, there is harmony in this 'world'. When certain factions get too big, balance is lost and I see the results.

I am not in remission yet, but am learning and making progress. Better diet, different supplements, different oils, careful observations, adjustments, consulting with others. Hoping to find my personal 'ideal' treament, but still happy if making forward progress.

Good luck to you, you can do this!