Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosacea Gone.

Default Rosacea Gone.

Heyy there.

I have been a long time reader of these forums, but never joined, maybe because selfishly I was happy to sit back and take advice from everyone without contributing myself, but also because I never really had any positive advice to give... Until Now.

For years and years and years I have had rosacea. Bad rosacea. No pastules or anything, so in hindsight I guess it wasn't bad compared to many, but the psychological effects where somewhat straining, along with my somewhat diminished social life, the disease well and truly controlled my life. About a year ago I began my crusade to get rid of this disease, and was put through test after test by my derm, and he gave me all kinds of prescription meds, and ipl and all. At the time I was happy to fork over the endless cash for the ultimate goal of ridding myself of my red face. More recently I invested in an at home LED light system. First I bought a singular red LED for about $300 and then a full colour spectrum one for $250 (hong kong). Neither really gave me results that I had long sought out/after. So they are in storage now, pending an ebay sale when I get around to it.

Anyway, my crusade for better skin was looking somewhat futile and pointless, and I was beginning to grow accepting of the inevitable life long battle, and then I read about milk of magnesia, better yet, I read about demodex mites (google it). I am sure this has been discussed before, but I guess one more story couldn't hurt, so I read and read and read, and it got me excited, not because I was infested with mites on my face, but because I had found my enemy, the cause of this condition, and it was no longer just a mystery redness. Now, I don't for a minute claim that this is the root cause of rosacea for everyone, but I read through all the symptoms, and one stood out for me: 2 weeks ago I spent 24 hours in a car, cruising through the day and night, and during the day, my eyes were fine and everything was dandy but then as the night came, my eyes began to water and sting/burn like crazy, and then I remembered one of the things about demodex mites was that they came out at night, and that was the moment I realised that it was in fact demodex mites causing my rosacea.

Anyway, so I mentioned milk of magnesia as a topical treatment, that did not work for me, but I still credit it with the beginning of the end for my rosacea. So i read some more and found my solution, 50% sweet almond oil and more importantly 50% tea tree oil.

Products:
    100% Pure Organic Tea Tree Oil
    Sweet almond oil (or any other carrier oil (google it))

I mix, 50% Sweet almond oil and 50% of the TTO morning and night and apply to my face and leave it on. (the only time I don't have the mix on my face is when I am showering) After about a week, the redness has gone, and although I am not going to stop the routine anytime soon, I am confident that I am now rosacea free.

I am aware that I am sure both Tea Tree Oil and demodex mites are probably heavily discussed here, but I figure, since I have found a product that works, it deserves to have a thread on the first page. Also, if this thread helps any newbies, it will be well worth it.

Also, please don't accuse me of selling anything, because that annoys me. There are about 100 different brands of TTO and Carrier Oils as you will find online and I have no intention of sharing the brand I use, if it will cost me my credibility.

Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by maleman View Post
    Heyy there.

I have been a long time reader of these forums, but never joined, maybe because selfishly I was happy to sit back and take advice from everyone without contributing myself, but also because I never really had any positive advice to give... Until Now.

For years and years and years I have had rosacea. Bad rosacea. No pastules or anything, so in hindsight I guess it wasn't bad compared to many, but the psychological effects where somewhat straining, along with my somewhat diminished social life, the disease well and truly controlled my life. About a year ago I began my crusade to get rid of this disease, and was put through test after test by my derm, and he gave me all kinds of prescription meds, and ipl and all. At the time I was happy to fork over the endless cash for the ultimate goal of ridding myself of my red face. More recently I invested in an at home LED light system. First I bought a singular red LED for about $300 and then a full colour spectrum one for $250 (hong kong). Neither really gave me results that I had long sought out/after. So they are in storage now, pending an ebay sale when I get around to it.

Anyway, my crusade for better skin was looking somewhat futile and pointless, and I was beginning to grow accepting of the inevitable life long battle, and then I read about milk of magnesia, better yet, I read about demodex mites (google it). I am sure this has been discussed before, but I guess one more story couldn't hurt, so I read and read and read, and it got me excited, not because I was infested with mites on my face, but because I had found my enemy, the cause of this condition, and it was no longer just a mystery redness. Now, I don't for a minute claim that this is the root cause of rosacea for everyone, but I read through all the symptoms, and one stood out for me: 2 weeks ago I spent 24 hours in a car, cruising through the day and night, and during the day, my eyes were fine and everything was dandy but then as the night came, my eyes began to water and sting/burn like crazy, and then I remembered one of the things about demodex mites was that they came out at night, and that was the moment I realised that it was in fact demodex mites causing my rosacea.

Anyway, so I mentioned milk of magnesia as a topical treatment, that did not work for me, but I still credit it with the beginning of the end for my rosacea. So i read some more and found my solution, 50% sweet almond oil and more importantly 50% tea tree oil.

Products:

I mix, 50% Sweet almond oil and 50% of the TTO morning and night and apply to my face and leave it on. (the only time I don't have the mix on my face is when I am showering) After about a week, the redness has gone, and although I am not going to stop the routine anytime soon, I am confident that I am now rosacea free.

I am aware that I am sure both Tea Tree Oil and demodex mites are probably heavily discussed here, but I figure, since I have found a product that works, it deserves to have a thread on the first page. Also, if this thread helps any newbies, it will be well worth it.

Also, please don't accuse me of selling anything, because that annoys me. There are about 100 different brands of TTO and Carrier Oils as you will find online and I have no intention of sharing the brand I use, if it will cost me my credibility.

Any questions?
    What are some of the symptoms? Google but I got something too generic like red face from showering or dilated blood vessel >.<

And Gratz! You should definitely celebrate lol I know for sure if I can get rid of this nasty disease f I will throw a big party lol

Heyy there.

Products:

Any questions?
    Hi, I have just read your write up and wondered what you washed and moisturised your face with prior to use the tea tree oil etc? How long did it take for you to see a difference in your skin?

Claire

Some symptoms are redness, sore eyes at night, and itchy scalp are the ones I remember and have/had. Basically I just washed my face with my normal cleanser, just to clean the skin, and then dried thoroughly (pat dry) and applied the TTO and Carrier oil mix, every morning and every night for about 8 days now. It should burn, not painful burn, but along the same burning sensation as when you apply nit shampoo and you can feel the nits/mites dying. I leave it on all day/all night, this will make your skin oily for sure but it is well worth it in the long term. I saw results after a day, I saw substantial results after 4 days and I saw the skin I had when I was 9 years old in 6 days.

Some symptoms are redness, sore eyes at night, and itchy scalp are the ones I remember and have/had. Basically I just washed my face with my normal cleanser, just to clean the skin, and then dried thoroughly (pat dry) and applied the TTO and Carrier oil mix, every morning and every night for about 8 days now. It should burn, not painful burn, but along the same burning sensation as when you apply nit shampoo and you can feel the nits/mites dying. I leave it on all day/all night, this will make your skin oily for sure but it is well worth it in the long term. I saw results after a day, I saw substantial results after 4 days and I saw the skin I had when I was 9 years old in 6 days.
    Along with the burning sensation after applied the oil, does your face go redder?

I never look after I apply, probably, it feels like it does, but it doesn't really matter? A few minutes/hours of redness and burning seem to be a fairly reasonable price to pay for clear skin. Besides, essentially what you are doing is killing these mites in your face, and since there are so many in rosacea patients it will probably look like the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan the first few time you apply it.

Also, for all those wondering, the whole treatment cost me like $8 for the sweet almond oil, as I already had my tea tree oil sitting in the cupboard for use in cuts and bruises, funny how that worked out.

Also some people apply it with a tissue or cotton ball but I find that to be incredibly wasteful. I just use a tiny measuring cup/medicine cup and pour like 4 drops of tea tree oil in there and also the same amount of the sweet almond oil, and turn the 20ml (or so) medicine cup on an angle, so all the liquid rushes to one point on the side of the cup and because of the oilyness, this concoction can easily spread over your entire face, via your finger(s).

Also, with your eyes, I now only apply at night, because if I sweat during the day, the concoction slips down into my eyes and stings like a bitch. But my eyes have definitely improved so if you want to do exactly what I have done, then go for it.

Also, guys who have a concern for going bald (genetics), the demodex mites can also cause baldness in some cases. So I have started using Tea tree Shampoo as a preventative measure. Because if it is seen as a likely cause for baldness, and I have solved my rosacea by ridding myself of these mites, I suspect that I will lose my hair due to these mites at some point.

Also, never apply TTO straight, it is dangerous.

Also, I am not a doctor, etc.

So you had total clearing of all associated redness and everything on your face after 2 weeks of TTO treatments? I, myself have hair thinning because of demodex. I read that demodex can move at a speed of 8-16mm/hour, so indeed I would look for any suspicious lesions while doing a demodex treatment. I had to shave my head because I needed to see what the situation was on my scalp. The strange thing is that while I found a demodex infestation, a lot of my symptoms also match SB. It is highly suspect to me that SB, rosacea, and demodex are so closely related.

SB symptoms seem to include red skin, itching, and hair loss etc. And yet I found a
    demodex infestation, and have all these symptoms. I sometimes wonder if derms really have any ability to tell the difference, because based on my appointments they really didn't seem to posses that ability. So if the experts can't differentiate so well at the present time, how does anyone know what the issue really is?

I would sometimes take a q-tip, use a 50% TTO solution and run that down my scalp before I shaved my head. I have no idea if it was effective. I would not put TTO anywhere near your eyes, because you can do serious damage that way.

The question is, is whether you will be able to keep them away after a long run treatment. That is the most depressing aspect of this treatment-what is the long-term plan?
    Last edited by Gumbo; 18th February 2011 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    So you had total clearing of all associated redness and everything on your face after 2 weeks of TTO treatments? I, myself have hair thinning because of demodex. I read that demodex can move at a speed of 8-16mm/hour, so indeed I would look for any suspicious lesions while doing a demodex treatment. I had to shave my head because I needed to see what the situation was on my scalp. The strange thing is that while I found a demodex infestation, a lot of my symptoms also match SB. It is highly suspect to me that SB, rosacea, and demodex are so closely related.

SB symptoms seem to include red skin, itching, and hair loss etc. And yet I found a
    demodex infestation, and have all these symptoms. I sometimes wonder if derms really have any ability to tell the difference, because based on my appointments they really didn't seem to posses that ability. So if the experts can't differentiate so well at the present time, how does anyone know what the issue really is?

I would sometimes take a q-tip, use a 50% TTO solution and run that down my scalp before I shaved my head. I have no idea if it was effective. I would not put TTO anywhere near your eyes, because you can do serious damage that way.

The question is, is whether you will be able to keep them away after a long run treatment. That is the most depressing aspect of this treatment-what is the long-term plan?
    Depressing?
    Not so much, maybe a small level of concern for recurrence at this point. But I have talked to 2 people via email who I found around the web who have said, provided I keep up my regime I should be in the clear. They have been clear for 1-2 years on this very regime. Aside from different carrier oils.

At the moment, provided the bastards don't adapt to TTO treatments, I can only see the positive ahead. Call it denial if you will, but I actually have clear skin, for the first time in years! In answer to your question, yes, after 9 days my skin is nice and pale.

I also believe that since my old man has rosacea and is bald and my uncle (dad's brother) doesn't and has a full head of hair, I feel confident that demodex mites are a safe bet, and of course I am not sure of this, but I plan to circumvent the inevitable hairloss down the track.

Though, everyone is different.

Well there is genetic baldness, and then there is hairloss due to things like iron deficiency and demodex. I don't think demodex causes complete baldness, leading to no hair at all. It is still debated how much damage demodex causes to the hair follicle, and whether it can be permanent if not treated. My eyebrows and eyelashes grew back after treatments for demodex.

Are these people, who you say are free of demodicosis, free without doing a maintence? I haven't been able to find anyone like that. I have only heard of that with cases that are just acne related. In rosacea-type demodicosis, I always hear of re-infestation.

I would keep your treatments going for at least 6 months.