Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After dinner flushing-really bright

Hi Natalja,
    I took your earlier advice about taking the xyzal before dinner, it has definitely helped with after dinner flushing, not quite so red. I am going to make a psychiatrist appointment to talk about remeron...
    I like your blog very much. From looking at your pictures we seem to have a similar flushing pattern. I always have the cheeks and when it is bad the forehead and chin, but usually not the nose as much. However sometimes my whole face turns pink, like after a shower. Also i am itchy all the time near the jawline and forehead and the cheeks always either hurt or feel sensitive. It is worse at night though and when i see the derm it is always in the day, so he doesn't see it at the worst time..
    I tried the link for the cetiol but didn't work on this ipad and regular computer broken.
    i would love to get number of your pharmacy. Thank you that is so nice! I will call them from my house, i don't think my pharmacist will make an international phone call for
    me.
    I just saw an natural MD who wants me to do an anti-candida diet which i am happy to do. The problem is that she wants me to take a million supplements and i am not sure how the rosacea will react. Particularly she wants me to take a vitamin B complex and i asked her if it has niacin and she says yes but it is a tiny amount, however i am worriedthat any niacin will make me flush a lot. Also she wants me to take iron and vitamin d(even though my levels are high already) At the first appointment she seemed to really understand rosacea, now i am not sure. It is frustrating because i just spent a lot of
    money having two consultations with her. I am not sure how to handle this, i don't want to be labeled as an "annoying patient" but if i buy a ton of supplements and just
    end up more red and flushed it is not a good thing. I seem to be super-sensitive to everything, this was not the case before.
    Dx July 2010 rosacea type 1 and 2/seb derm plus contact allergies to various substances
    Hashimoto's thyroiditis, fibromyalgia

vicki, you need to tell the doctor you aren't comfortable taking that many supplements. we all know not every doctor is cool about patients who have an opinion, but give her a chance - she may be one who is. and if not, you'll want to find someone else anyway, right?

Hi dora,
    I know, i'mstill figuring out how to tell her that, plus my 800 other questions...called her, waiting to hear back....
    Dx July 2010 rosacea type 1 and 2/seb derm plus contact allergies to various substances
    Hashimoto's thyroiditis, fibromyalgia

Default Digestive

Looks like its clearly linked with something to do with digestion. That s exactly how it went for me. Antibiotics, Doxycyline really dramatically exacerbated it for me.Stick with pro biotics. A food sensitivity, or bacterial imbalance can cause this type of flushing, in my experience. If adding a good probiotic doesn't help much, you may have to consider a possible lack of enough HCL for proper digestion.
    The Specific Carbohydrate Diet or the GAPS diet will deeply address digestive issues through removing carbohydrates from the diet that cause fermentation in the gut leading to bacterial imbalance, and will also offer resources for rebuilding the digestive tract from the foundation up, if this is necessary.
    There is a simple and inexpensive test one can take for a condition called Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO). It's called the Hydrogen Breath Test. It's simple and inexpensive, but will indicate if your body is producing certain gasses after taking simple sugars, indicating too much or the wrong type of bacteria in the small intestine. You'd have to ask your naturopath or gastroenterologist.
    The best probiotic I have taken is Dr Ohirra's. a bit expensive but you only need one per day. Also, homemade sauerkraut and yogurt fermented for 24 hours is a tremendous boon for digestion (no 6 hour fermented store ought yogurt). I'm totally intolerant to any milk or cheese, but this yogurt works!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

Quote Originally Posted by vicki View Post
    Hi, I am new and haven't posted before but have been lurking a few months. I was diagnosed in july 2010 with rosacea and seb derm. I have tried metrocream, finacea and am currently on low dose doxy and clindamycin lotion plus ketocnazole for the seb derm. Tried the raw honey but developed allergic contact dermatitis from the bee propolis (underwent patch testing) so that's out. Anyway, i can't type a lot because of carpal tunnel but my question is about after dinner flushing. I can spend a whole day being moderately red but after dinner i become practically fluorescent. My dinners are bland (poultry or fish, rice, string beans or snow peas),usually organic, no spices, not too hot, etc. Am mystified. I also tend to get very itchy especially around jawline. I take xyzal which helps sort of but you can only take it once per day. I flush after dinner whether or not i take vitamins with the meal. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Hi Vicki,

Have you tried taking a Betaine HCL +pepsin supplement with your meals? It can help with digestion as some people with Rosacea have low stomach acid.

I currently take a Betaine HCL supplement and a Digestve enzyme with meals.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Default Pro biotics versus Pre-biotics and Betaine HCL and Bile

Quote Originally Posted by Cal88 View Post
    Hi Vicki,
    Have you tried taking a Betaine HCL +pepsin supplement with your meals? It can help with digestion as some people with Rosacea have low stomach acid.
    I currently take a Betaine HCL supplement and a Digestve enzyme with meals.
    A great point here Cal

Pro -biotics only supply Fermicutes. We are FLUSH with Fermicutes - the bacteria that ferment dairy & grains into energy sugars. Taking this may do you no good at all, and may cause even more sugar rush from grain and dairy meals.

Pre -biotics build Bacteriodetes - these are the bacteria which are killed by antibiotics and various GMO strategies (gram negative soil bacteria) - these are the ones which separate the toxins and allergens from the nutrients. Without these bacteria, the intestines absorb chemo-toxins, as a compromise in trying to get to the nutrient.

Betaine HCL/Pepsin/Ox Bile - helps the Bacteriodetes do their job by doing the hard-food-cracking that is needed so that the Bacteriodetes can get into and break the long chain molecules which bind chemo-toxins together with nutrients.

This approach of using Pre-biotics and Betaine HCL/Pepsin/Ox Bile did a better job than Doxycyline at fixing my rosacea.
    Last edited by Scot Viking; 22nd April 2013 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Viking View Post
    Pro -biotics only supply Fermicutes. We are FLUSH with Fermicutes - the bacteria that ferment dairy & grains into energy sugars. Taking this may do you no good at all, and may cause even more sugar rush from grain and dairy meals.
    Thanks Scot!
    This explains why I found probiotics causing me probably more flushing.

Need to look information on that Betaine HLC aswell if it has helped some people.

Oona

Default Perioral redness

Hello guys..

Forgive my English is very bad ..
    The kittycat posted on the redness perioral during or after chewing . I also have these symptoms. They depend on how much we chew and actually turns red after I eat in my perioral region. I am glad that I am not the only one.
    thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo123 View Post
    Hello guys..

Forgive my English is very bad ..
    The kittycat posted on the redness perioral during or after chewing . I also have these symptoms. They depend on how much we chew and actually turns red after I eat in my perioral region. I am glad that I am not the only one.
    thank you all.

Waiting for answers

up