Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience with my first Non-purpuric vbeam Laser treatment

Default My experience with my first Non-purpuric vbeam Laser treatment

Hi all

Since there are so many posts about Vbeam, particulary post-treatment concerns, I thought i'd share my own personal experience with my first non-purpuric vbeam treatment (early Dec 2010) for other's reference should they be considering non-purpuric treatment for Rosacea.

Non-Purpuric Vbeam Treatment - Before / During / After

Before -
    Advised you've got to wear sunscreen months leading up to and post-treatment otherwise I would not be eligable for treatment. Lucky for me, I am strict about sun protection and it was agreed I was a good candidate.

During -
    Special tape put over my eyelids to protect them from laser light. Laser treatment feels like rubberbands flicking at your skin. It was very uncomfortable for me around the nose area, but less so on the cheeks. Note: I only had my central face lasered. Sunscreen is thickly applied at the end of the session.

After -
    Sunscreen - always.....
    Immediately after: Looked like sunburn and felt slightly stingy. I was expecting this so not shocked at all.
    Next 5 hours or so: Red sunburnt look receeds, no swelling whatsoever.
    Next couple days: Random red blotches come and go frequently. Face has a tanned glow/coppery about it - almost like i've got light bronzer on or something. Skin feels absolutely devinely soft. Looks good though... I generally look really pale. I can see quite a few positive differences already.
    Week 1 - 3: Still no swelling, but now experiencing definite good and not-as-good days: redness sometimes, pale sometimes, patchy sometimes, little bit of dryness/peeling (strange for me), some days look awesome, some days look worse than pre-treatment in terms of redness/pinkness... skin all over the place really and sensitive. No flushing, but I know many do feel more flushy during this phase.
    Week 4-7: Still patchy, especially noticeable after cleaning my face. Therefore skin still very sensitive. Looking at post-photos I can see that my skin has improved as i'm less pink and broken capillaries seem to have improved/been absorbed.
    Week 8: Far less patchy looking, particulary after cleansing the face.
    Week 9: Final results: I'd say 20% improvement to pinkness, 10% improvement to some old acne scars, 80% improvement to the couple broken capillaries. No flushing issues.

As results are cumulative, am really looking forward to treatment 2, end of Feb.
    Last edited by shantelle; 6th February 2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Hi Shantelle,

Thanks for the summary and good luck with your next treatment.

-Dave-

Nice to hear, I'm on week 3 and I can't really tell if the redness is still worse than before the treatment. I don't think it's better than before, except a couple of veins that are gone/improved, but I will give it more time.

That's great that you are seeing an improvement. So happy to hear some good news :-)

Best of luck on your next visit!
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
    Nice to hear, I'm on week 3 and I can't really tell if the redness is still worse than before the treatment. I don't think it's better than before, except a couple of veins that are gone/improved, but I will give it more time.
    Hi HK
    Yes 3 weeks in is too soon to see end results; give it 8-12 weeks for the healing period to be complete.
    Best, Shantelle
    Shantelle

Hellow Shantelle,

Thanks for your answer in the other post.

What you say is right for me what I see now. The places on my cheeks where the hit me with the laser are not bright red but more pink red. But the strange thing is, normaly, I am a quik healer. The treatments last year the longest downtime was about 2,3/3 weeks. In the 4/5 week I saw improvement like white spots/rounds where the hit me.

But now I see nothing and it looked like I wear sunglasses because the lines where the laser hit me under my eyes gaves me that look. So I realy hope the redness would fade down more. Also after cleaning my face with (not hot) water in the evening i notice that my skin is very red and sensitive.

I hope the best because on my cheeks It won't fade.

Kind regards Jip

hi shantelle
    i had my first v beam a couple of weeks after you had yours and have my next appointment in two weeks.
    My first treatment wasn't successful at all.And have gained some extra unwanted new veins around my nose.
    My treatment was done on fairly low settings and am wondering if you know what yours was set at?

Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    hi shantelle
    i had my first v beam a couple of weeks after you had yours and have my next appointment in two weeks.
    My first treatment wasn't successful at all.And have gained some extra unwanted new veins around my nose.
    My treatment was done on fairly low settings and am wondering if you know what yours was set at?
    Hi there
    I'm not certain of the settings but it must have been the right setting because I had no negative repercussions post-treatment like swelling, and the redness/sunburn look subsided very quick so that I could have easilly gone out in public that a few hours later etc if needed.
    Perhaps you are a slow healer and that is why the blood vessels/veins are still looking red or worse off? Or perhaps further treatment in two weeks time will be neccessary to zap the stubborn blood vessels.
    Have you discusssed concerns with the Derm?
    Do they use up-to-date modern vbeam lasers??
    Shantelle

hi
    i haven't discussed my concerns with the doc but will next time i see him.
    He used the candela v beam perfecta.
    I've had numerous ipl's in the past which did nothing at all except make my skin a lot more sensitive to flushing etc.

Hi there

Yes, probably a good idea to address the concerns and maybe they will adjust the settings. If he is using the Candela Perfecta i'm sure you are in good hands. Yes, I will not be trying IPL I dont think, as I love the fact that the Vbeam absorbs the blood vessels and therefore assists with decreasing redness/flushing, and has the ability to improve the appearance of scars (I have some old acne scars i'd love to see gone for good).
    Keep me updated!
    Shantelle