Thread: Red light & elidel?

Default Red light & elidel?

Has anyone had any experience using elidel and redlight at the same time, would it be OK to use both at the same time???

Cheers

Gah, Elidel? I used that on my skin and I went from moderate flushing to severe. Still havent completely recovered. Is it working for you?

I've had no negative effects so far, I've been using it twice a day for 5 days...

interesting! So you don't feel any added heat or anything? When I took it it felt like my skin was on fire.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you develop your rosacea? I am an accutane induced flusher. It's always interesting to see how certain treatments affect certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by gereh View Post
    Has anyone had any experience using elidel and redlight at the same time, would it be OK to use both at the same time???
    I've used them at the same time and it was fine.

Rand, the heat feeling is a common side effect of Elidel and goes away within a few days of use, at least it did for me. It was uncomfortable when I felt hot but it wasn't actually a flush for me and I didn't look more red in the mirror.

I was on it for over 3 weeks and it just continued to get worse. And I definitely flushed more easily, but yeah. It's medicine and everyone responds differently. If it's workin for you then definitely keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand627 View Post
    I was on it for over 3 weeks and it just continued to get worse. And I definitely flushed more easily, but yeah. It's medicine and everyone responds differently. If it's workin for you then definitely keep at it.
    Wow, if the heat feeling went on 3 weeks, yes, it definitely wasn't working for you. I found Elidel helped with the symptoms of seb derm and atopic dermatitis a bit and didn't cause any other problems but it's not enough of an improvement to warrant using it and it was only masking the symptoms anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand627 View Post
    interesting! So you don't feel any added heat or anything? When I took it it felt like my skin was on fire.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you develop your rosacea? I am an accutane induced flusher. It's always interesting to see how certain treatments affect certain people.

I was on Doxycycline for the flu or something at the time and heavily drinking as well, I didn't finish the course of antibiotics. The flu came back quickly and so did heavy flushing and pauples 1 week later. I've never had any symptoms before this.