Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, puffy eyes, new wrinkles and yellow under eyes

I would also think about the psychological side of things. It's possible that this is just in your mind..do you have anyone that's living with you that can say yes or no to the new symptoms? Not trying to down on your brain or anything, I just know that it's very hard for us to keep perspective on our skin. Or at least, it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand627 View Post
    I would also think about the psychological side of things. It's possible that this is just in your mind...
    Hi Rand,

I think you may be right - or I am just concentrating on it because I am studying my face more!

Since pretty much no-one has ever said this is a side effect of RLT, I think it is 99% down to something else. In fact with some faith that I think it's a combination of lack of sleep, weight loss and looking at myself more in the mirror, thus noticing things I wouldn't normally notice.

It's worse in the morning and seems to get better as the day goes on.

On a very positive note, since I adjust the dose to 10 minutes at 10mW/cm2 (3.5 cm away with the Red Omnilux) giving 6 J/cm2, my skin has responded extremely well.

I have also been soaking cotton pads in green tea and applying to my face for 20 mins and letting dry before treatment.

So maybe the combination is a winner!? I'll keep you posted. How you getting on?

Quote Originally Posted by findingaway View Post
    So basically become accustomed to RLT?
    Yep. Start of conservatively re distance and duration and get closer/ go for longer as the skin becomes accustomed to it. No reason why, after this period of habituation, you cannot use it daily and very close (provided it doesn't provoke the skin).

From memory, after two weeks of use I noticed subtle improvements in skin tone and texture. About four weeks in I recognised a slight improvement in flushing/redness/inflammation. Things then improved - slowly - over a number? of months then plateaued. I switched from red to infrared ( at some point) and this improved things still further re flushing and redness.

Quote Originally Posted by GJ View Post
    Yep. Start of conservatively re distance and duration and get closer/ go for longer as the skin becomes accustomed to it. No reason why, after this period of habituation, you cannot use it daily and very close (provided it doesn't provoke the skin).

From memory, after two weeks of use I noticed subtle improvements in skin tone and texture. About four weeks in I recognised a slight improvement in flushing/redness/inflammation. Things then improved - slowly - over a number? of months then plateaued. I switched from red to infrared ( at some point) and this improved things still further re flushing and redness.
    Excellent. Glad to hear you had positive results.

So where were you before and where are you now following RLT?

How to you use your unit and what unit is it? How often?

I think I'm also gonna buy an all Yellow from LEDman as my eyes have gone down hill again and Twinkle Purple and others on the dry eye forum say Yellow really helped them. Interesting article here: http://www.lasercenterofvirginia.com...NAL-110903.pdf

Hi Rand,

I think you may be right - or I am just concentrating on it because I am studying my face more!

Since pretty much no-one has ever said this is a side effect of RLT, I think it is 99% down to something else. In fact with some faith that I think it's a combination of lack of sleep, weight loss and looking at myself more in the mirror, thus noticing things I wouldn't normally notice.

It's worse in the morning and seems to get better as the day goes on.

On a very positive note, since I adjust the dose to 10 minutes at 10mW/cm2 (3.5 cm away with the Red Omnilux) giving 6 J/cm2, my skin has responded extremely well.

I have also been soaking cotton pads in green tea and applying to my face for 20 mins and letting dry before treatment.

So maybe the combination is a winner!? I'll keep you posted. How you getting on?
    Doin alright. Haven't used my RLT in almost 4 days now. Was going to use it yesterday and I decided to be ridiculously dumb and get too much sun. Nowhere near as bad as last time, but still. Gonna use it today though. Thinking of 6 minutes at 2 inches from the skin..all red.

So where were you before and where are you now following RLT?

How to you use your unit and what unit is it? How often?
    Elixa 84 bulb arrays (2 red; 2 infrared)
    After starting off much further away, arrays about an inch from the face. 15min-30 mins a day, pretty much, but never anal about duration.

Quote Originally Posted by GJ View Post
    Elixa 84 bulb arrays (2 red; 2 infrared)
    After starting off much further away, arrays about an inch from the face. 15min-30 mins a day, pretty much, but never anal about duration.
    Cool.

So what about your symptoms before and after?

Be interested to know your milestones too.