Thread: When to start using RLT again after doin IPL's?

Default When to start using RLT again after doin IPL's?

As the topic says... What do you guys think?

A good question to ask is how does your skin immediately respond to RLT.

Of those who use RLT and find it helpful:
    a)some report an immediate calming effect
    b)some feel it makes no immediate difference
    c) perhaps some feel - from time to time - a touch more flushy but think the long term benefits outweigh this occasional aggravation

If you're an a it might be thought than you can return to RLT sooner than if you are c.
    The IPL will ( for a spell) derange the custmary functioning of the skin so you must keep this in mnd too, when reaching a judgement. If I was an a I would be inclined to leave it for a few days, if c maybe until such time as my skin has returned to normal (which might take what 10-14 days after a reasonably aggressive treatment.)

This might seem slightly on the conservative side: some practioners use LLLT in conjunction with IPL to reduce post treatment inflammation. There are no studies on this sort of thing so it is guesswork. But first: do no harm.

Thx GJ. I'm definitely an "a" person. When I spent 30 mins/day in front of my RLT device I could immediately see in the mirror that my skin got paler, and the skin felt more calm. It's been 12 days post my last treatment now and I didn't use the RLT at all in between the treatments (maybe I should have done that). Well, then I'm probably gonna start using it now, starting with like 5 mins to see the respons and go from there.

"But first: do no harm." Very good point ofc and I was so damn stupid that I basically ****ed up my third treatment with the knowledge that I did **** it up, tremendously stupid. I was using something I knew I should have stayed away from during treatments and it got so much worse that I decided to go for a forth treatment. Luckily it seems like I at least got rid of most of the **** I ****ed up. I did treatments with only two weeks in between and it worked soooo good... Until i ****ed it up, probably creating a lot more new blood vessels. This time I have been really careful and I hope I'm gonna end up with pretty good results.

For anybody who uses MJ for recreational and/or medical purpose... Please stay away from that crap during IPL's/lasers...

Singing along to Man in the Mirror and dancing along to Thriller will bugger you up?

Sorry, not cool enough to know what MJ means.

Hope it works out for you!

Let's call it Mary Jane then and you might know what I'm talking about Another hint... Most people smoke it... Haha. ****in hate that crap right now but beacuse of my massive sleeping problems I'll probably use it sooner or later. And it also works very well (in combination with other things) for keeping my rosacea under control when I'm NOT doing IPL's (didn't flush at all for two years). For example, it's anti-inflammatory actions are very potent. But it increases the blood flow (which normaly is a good thing, helping the blood circulation in general, distributing the blood more even through the body). But that is something you don't want when your blood vessels are working like hell, trying to form a new healthy network. The blood will reach those vessels so easy beacuse they are so sensitive. It seriously ****ed me up big time. I'll just hope this 4th treatment will settle things down. I still have problems and I was defenitely better of after my third treatment without the MJ. But things can still improve and the 4th treatment did help a lot.

Btw, Jackson rules!! Love his personality and he had great talent (not my type of music though). Too bad his gone now

I think I used RLT too soon after my last IPL, so I would say give it a couple months. I know it's hard to wait that long if it helps you, but it does promote angiogenesis and if your body is healing after IPL, you're just going to stimulate that process. Although RLT worked wonders for me immediately after my last IPL, a couple months down the road I'm dealing with more blood vessels than I've had in years. Today I scheduled another IPL so that I can, hopefully, reverse the damage.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Quote Originally Posted by lakan View Post
    Let's call it Mary Jane then and you might know what I'm talking about Another hint... Most people smoke it... Haha. ****in hate that crap right now but beacuse of my massive sleeping problems I'll probably use it sooner or later.
    I'm a professional insomniac. Pot never helped me, but sticking to a regular sleep schedule, avoiding stimulants and complex carbs at dinner, and a small dose of a sleeping pill definitely does.

But that is something you don't want when your blood vessels are working like hell, trying to form a new healthy network. The blood will reach those vessels so easy beacuse they are so sensitive. It seriously ****ed me up big time. I'll just hope this 4th treatment will settle things down. I still have problems and I was defenitely better of after my third treatment without the MJ. But things can still improve and the 4th treatment did help a lot.
    So THAT was the problem with my recent IPL Don't move to Californa - you can literally have it delivered to your house here.

1,000mg Solgar MSM
    25mg diphenhydramine
    Rosacea Care moisturizer, tinted ZincO
    I avoid multi-vitamins and most other high-dose vitamins and supplements, oil-based supplements (like omega 3/6, A, and E), nitrite preservatives, sugar, fruit, milk, exercising in a warm room

Less is more!