Thread: lots of small veins on nose, how effective is pulse dye laser?

Default lots of small veins on nose, how effective is pulse dye laser?

Have alot of very small veins on nose, not particullary visible from a distance but can be seen up close. They give the nose that ruddish red look. Would pulse dye laser be of use?

Previously had about 6 ipls and 3 yag laser sessions which resulted in only short term improvement. Apart from last three ipl/yag laser sessions which caused a massive seb derm reaction which undid most of good work. From reading forums pdl seems better option for people with both seb derm and rosacea. However one laser doctor didnt think he could do much for very small veins.

M

Quote Originally Posted by dryfairskin View Post
    Have alot of very small veins on nose, not particullary visible from a distance but can be seen up close. They give the nose that ruddish red look. Would pulse dye laser be of use?

M
    If you mean that what you see are visable capillaries, then yes Vbeam is an excellent treatment choice.
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Default Do they stay away

Quote Originally Posted by shantelle View Post
    If you mean that what you see are visable capillaries, then yes Vbeam is an excellent treatment choice.
    Thanks for the info, once you get them zapped did they stay away. How may sessions are needed and should it be bruising or non bruising?

M

Heya

Capillaries/blood vessels grow back with time... Rosaceans are especially prone to broken capillaries so regular treatments will be neccessary to maintain the appearance of skin. Usually from the first vbeam people see a difference, but with Rosacea skin it is generally recommended that you get at least two - three treatments before significant improvement results, then have further treatments as required (e.g. every 3-6 months).

These days you don't need to get the bruising to see good results from vbeam laser, this is particulary seen with newer vbeam models and experienced laser technicians.

I would advise you to see a reputable laser Derm and discuss your options and treatment plan.
    Best, Shantelle
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Quote Originally Posted by shantelle View Post
    Heya

Capillaries/blood vessels grow back with time... Rosaceans are especially prone to broken capillaries so regular treatments will be neccessary to maintain the appearance of skin. Usually from the first vbeam people see a difference, but with Rosacea skin it is generally recommended that you get at least two - three treatments before significant improvement results, then have further treatments as required (e.g. every 3-6 months).

These days you don't need to get the bruising to see good results from vbeam laser, this is particulary seen with newer vbeam models and experienced laser technicians.

I would advise you to see a reputable laser Derm and discuss your options and treatment plan.
    Best, Shantelle

Default non bruising seems better option then

If down time for bruising is 2-3 weeks, then i take it that non bruising option would be more appropiate if you have to get top ups done every 3-6 months. Did you find many viens came back and if so were they less visible than before?

M

Ps sorry for all the questions. Hope your rosacea is still in remission.

I found bruising PDL great at get rid of my nose veins. The ones on the top of my nose have crept back but not as bad as before. The bruising seems to go quickly on my nose but at least a week or two.