Thread: topical anaesthetic helped p&p's ? co incidence.

Default topical anaesthetic helped p&p's ? co incidence.

Now I am just putting this out there to see if anyone is interested. I am not sure if this is a co incidence or something worth considering.

I suffer from severe p&p's at times with associated burning, flushing and peeling. Over the years the only thing that has helped me was initially a Rosacea trial using Topical Ivermectin and more recently Ivermectin (came in an injectible form from a pet supplier) topically. I believe that my rosacea personally is aggravated by the dermodex mites.

At Christmas I was caught with out my Ivermectin as I was away. The spots were so itchy on my face and upper arms that I used a topical bite cream (Paraderm) with a local anaesthetic. The p&p's disappeared gradually over the next few days. I am still getting the occasional p&p's on my upper arms but they do disappear very quickly when I apply the Paraderm.

I was discussing this with my Mum who used to be a vet nurse. She was saying that after a general anaesthetic flees would fall off the animals and some would even pass dead tape worms. Harsh anti parasitic to say the least.

I have had a few general anaesthetics over the years and if I think back my face was never bad at this time either.

Just wondering if this is all worth a thought. Perhaps the local anaesthetic is killing the mites at the area?

Paraderm Contains: Chlorhexidine Gloconate 1mg/g, Lignocaine Hydrochloride 10mg/g, Bufexamac 50mg/g

maybe the anesthetic reduces the sensation of itching, which in turn prevents conscious or subconscious (e.g. during sleep) scratching/touching your face and thus less infection that could worsen P&Ps...

...and i'm assuming the anesthetic also reduces the (nerve-related) reactivity of blood vessels which would cause flushing/redness - a risk factor for P&Ps..