Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: V-Beam Hyperpigmentation Information

Hi there

You may be bruised up until about the 4 week mark; it takes a long time for the purpuric treatment brusing to fade (Bruising usually goes from purple - purple-black - browny or browny/red - lightly orange, then finally fades away leaving paler skin). Then after that inital month of the bruises fading, I would give it an extra 2 months more before expecting to see end results (as blood vessels under the skin will still be in the process of being absorbed by the body during the natural healing process up until approx 12 weeks post treatment). There is a higher risk of hyperpigmentation with aggressive purpuric vbeam treatments vs. non-purpuric/non-bruising treatments... however I wouldn't worry about it too much as this also tends to fade as months go by, or you can get an additional non-brusing/non-purpuric vbeam treatment after the 12 week healing process has been completed. Be reasurred that what you are experiencing seems pretty normal post-purpuric vbeam, it doesn't sound like hyperpigmentation... you are just in the early stage of the healing process.

Best, Shantelle
    Last edited by shantelle; 21st June 2011 at 05:26 AM.
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Default Back after 7 months

Hey everyone,

it's been quite awhile since I've posted here. I sadly have to report that my hyperpigmentation is still present 7 months after treatment (well - I subtract 3 weeks from that total because it took 3 weeks for the bruising to disappear leaving the hyperpigmentation) so really around 6 months and 1 week or so. Honestly, it has faded, but not as much as I would have liked by now (hoping it would be gone by now). I would say somewhere along the lines of 50 to 60 % faded. I am definitely waiting till summer is over (2 more months) before I look into anything else, cause I really want to ride this out, but as time passes I slowly get more and more desperate...

The mark is now what I would describe as pinkish-brown, though in some lights it looks terrible I find.

So, I'm coming to you guys for advice: What should I do? Try to ride it out? (Heard that may take as long as 2 years, not exactly a great option) Or look into another gentle v-beam session? I just REALLY could not bear making it any worse. I believe what I have is hemosiderin staining (or iron deposits) and heard that light v-beam treatments can help break these deposits up, but I want to make sure it's the right decision. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it a waste of money, or worse, a dangerous decision?

Gentle V Beams that are non purpuric will easily remove all of it. Problem solved!
    58 yr old woman
    Rosacea at 48, debilitating at 52
    Clonidine 100mgc ev. 8 hrs;
    Remeron 15mg nightly;
    Zebeta=Bisoprolol=Beta blocker 5mg nightly;
    Brimonidine worked well initially, then MASSIVE rebound flushing and damage;
    Countless IPL with Lumenis One;
    Now purpuric V Beam with Candela Perfecta; more clearance, less downtime than IPL;
    Botox (with mesotherapy needles), good not great results;
    Monthly Kenalog injection to blunt debilitating flushing.

I know, but my derm told me that there is no guarantee - sometimes hyperpigmentation is permanent. When you say non-purpuric, do you mean the treatments that turn the area zapped red (like even very red) but NOT purple, or do you mean non-purpuric as in the treatments that the area zapped does not look any different at all after treatment (and the results are usually very minimal as well). Because I really don't want to do something to strong that makes things worse...

Quote Originally Posted by lilbitworried View Post
    I know, but my derm told me that there is no guarantee - sometimes hyperpigmentation is permanent. When you say non-purpuric, do you mean the treatments that turn the area zapped red (like even very red) but NOT purple, or do you mean non-purpuric as in the treatments that the area zapped does not look any different at all after treatment (and the results are usually very minimal as well). Because I really don't want to do something to strong that makes things worse...
    * Purple/bruising = purpuric vbeam (can take up to approx 4 weeks for bruising to fade).
    * Pink/red = non-purpuric vbeam (downtime is only a few hours if you get a gentle treatment, but if they zap you more than once on the same areas expect longer downtime e.g. up to a week, or maybe even longer if you were hit hard)
    Shantelle

31 Year old female from NZ

Yeah, that is what I thought as well. I just wanted to hear it from WrinkledClue because she has actually used v-beam to remove hyperpigmentation caused by previous ones.

Even my non purpuric V Beams turn me red as a beet afterwards.

Heavily purpuric ones take me about 7 weeks to recover from, with horrific rebound flushing.

Gentle treatments take me about 5 days to 7 days to recover from, and remove all hyperpigmentation left from broken blood vessels from purpuric treatments.

Going in for another heavy treatment this week. Wish me success! This is the damndest, most persistent disorder.
    58 yr old woman
    Remeron 15mg nightly;
    Now purpuric V Beam with Candela Perfecta; more clearance, less downtime than IPL;

I would assume that the hyperpigmentation slowly disappears (i.e takes weeks or months) after one or two non-purpuric treatments with the v-beam right? (and not as soon as the redness from the laser clears).

I can't believe I am still dealing with this.

Good luck with your treatment

The hyperpigmentation clears pretty quickly after gentle V beams, but I don't really remember exactly how soon.

Sorry; but as I say, I'm dealing with some pretty appalling flushing, which makes my hyperpigmentation problem sort of pale in comparison.

Glad your situation is better!
    58 yr old woman
    Remeron 15mg nightly;

Default Bad week

I'm having a really bad week. I am having trouble finding out whether the mark on my face is decent looking, or if my eyes have become accustomed to how it looks and I've just been fooling myself. Monday night I had to rub the mark and then I thought I saw a pimple on it so I tried to pop it and obviously now the mark looks redder and I'm hoping it goes back to what it was. However, in some lights now it looks terrible which makes sense but in other lights I kind of see the mark as I'm used to seeing, so I'm having doubts as to whether it's actually redder from rubbing or if I am just seeing it as it really is now.

ANYWAYS (sorry for ranting), I promised I would wait till the end of summer before looking into another treatment, but I find myself more desperate now. I am wondering if a non-purpuric treatment would actually help fade the mark (hemosiderin stain I believe). Does anyone ELSE have any success with v-beam being used to clean up the staining it leaves behind?