Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: V-Beam Hyperpigmentation Information

Quote Originally Posted by lilbitworried View Post
    Too anyone who's been reading this, I just wanted to update you on my situation:

I recently saw my posts in this thread and it depresses me; because I am still dealing with the stain from my purpuric v-beam. I've looked back on my posts and get sad about how long I've had to wait with no progress really. I remember seeing a post where I say the mark faded 70% and can't believe it. Maybe I've seen the stain so long that I've forgotten just how bad it was at the beginning but I feel like it's faded maybe 30% since the beginning.

I'VE BEEN STAINED FOR TWO AND A HALF GOD DAMN YEARS.

Fear and hope has prevented taking action: fear of making things worse, and hope that waiting is the answer and it would resolve naturally. I have booked a consult with a derm for September to look into Q-Switched lasers (same used to remove tattoos), but I don't think I can have any treatments till next summer when school is over. (Going to school for a year after dropping out of uni two years ago for depression cause by this ****ing bull****).

I am afraid of making things worse, but I am tired of waiting.

Hopefully I get the laser done and it erases the stain with no side effects :+)

Wish me luck!
    I had severe burns from v beam checks my earlier post mine faded 95percen in span of 4 months.....I was on supplements pycnogenol. And green tea cream with my regular moisturizer .... mine faded hardly visible now..... I m not worked of the pigmentation its rosacea flushing tat drives me mad..... by next week I will be having another purpuric v beam .....

Thanks for your response Mistica, it means a lot to know someone at least reads my posts and cares enough just to write a response.

I am scheduled to see my derm on June 29th, and will ask for a non-purpuric v-beam treatment in hopes that it removes my hyperpigmentation/iron staining. WrinkledClue seems to swear by this; I wonder where she has gone? Logically, it also makes sense.

HOWEVER; being my usual worried self, I can't help but be afraid.

I've been looking at laser tattoo removal (because it's the same concept) and they say tattoos that are flesh toned, red, light brown etc. usually contain iron... like my "stain" (which is iron from blood staining the tissue) and that it can turn black as a reaction to laser treatment (because it is broken down from iron oxide which is red/brown to ferrous oxide which is black) and I worry that this can happen to my hyperpigmentation.

Did anyone come across this, or even know about it? I wonder if WrinkledClue knew about this potential side effect before she undertook her non-purpuric treatments which cleared her hyperpigmentation.

I wish I didn't have to feel this way, but when it's your face, you always fear the worst. Am I over-thinking things?

there s nothing more beneficial than this ... check out the link

http://www.bu.edu/cme/modules/cutane...ular/index.htm

Thanks for the link. My attempts at erasing the hemosiderin stain with non purpuric v-beams failed, and I had three treatments. Time to get serious and go back to the Q-Switched lasers. My skin has been tattooed by the iron in my blood, so a tattoo laser should help remove it. (According to web)

Thanks for the link. My attempts at erasing the hemosiderin stain with non purpuric v-beams failed, and I had three treatments. Time to get serious and go back to the Q-Switched lasers. My skin has been tattooed by the iron in my blood, so a tattoo laser should help remove it. (According to web)
    Yeah.... with q switched ndyag.... only...

Actually, that's where it gets confusing. I've seen articles where they recommend the Q-Switched Ruby, the Yag, and even the Alexandrite. I will try the Ruby first then Yag I guess...

Actually, that's where it gets confusing. I've seen articles where they recommend the Q-Switched Ruby, the Yag, and even the Alexandrite. I will try the Ruby first then Yag I guess...
    Did you say what creams you have been trying? Have you been on hydroquinone?

I would try other lasers, but be careful with fraxel or any fractional laser as this can cause damage if they don't handle it right, and you don't want that.

Do you have photoes of the mark?

Default Just wondering if you have an update on how you are doing?

Hi, just wondering how you are doing and if you tried one of the Q-switched lasers for your hemosiderin stain? I also suffered from hemosiderin staining too, but the dermatologist and I figured out that it was because of the long-term minocycline use, so stopping the minocycline allowed the body to readily absord the hemosiderin, so I have been healing from that at a slow rate.