Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VBEAM on eyelids

Default VBEAM on eyelids

Has anyone had pdl on their eyelids to eliminate redness and little tiny telangies? Im gonna pay 370 for a full face(bruising) and i know the eyelids can be treated but does anybody have experience? Thanx

Default vbeam on eyelids

I have not had it done but I know there was someone who posted about it a long time ago. I believe she went to an ocular surgeon who put some kind of special shields under her lids before using the laser. Most derms will not treat your eyelids. You might get relief from this however, just by treating the rest of your face. In my case my forehead flushed right above my eyebrows. When it did, my lids would burn too. Fortunately for me, it is an area that responds well to treatment and once my forehead stopped flushing, so did my eyes. Hope this helps a little and maybe someone remembers those old posts.
    Arlene

thanx Arb, yeah i hope i get the same relief as you did, ill be having my forehead done primarily because of large pores which vbeam can have a real impact on. Were you treated with a pdl?

Default eyelids

I've had lots of treatments, with many different things. I'm now back to pdl- vbeam perfecta with a new doctor. I respond well most of the time and then revert. Cheeks are the worst area, but have long remissions on my forehead. Nevertheless, when it returns to that area and my lids burn it drives me crazy. Hopefully when your forehead is treated it will help. Keep us posted
    Arlene

when u get treated do you ask for brusing or nonbruising. its certainly a difficult trade off, good results/massive downtime versus slow results/no downtime

Default Vbeam on eyelids

I have had my eyelids done with the Perfecta. My dr used the eye shields to do the entire lids. I get non bruising txs every 2 to 3 months, but have only done the full eyelids once. My eyelids do burn quite a bit, but they also take longer to heal, so I may do them again in an upcoming treatment. When I don't have the eye shields in, my dr will sometimes lift the top part of my eyelid up and do a few pulses which also helps. The one problem I have had is getting the eye shields in and out easily because I have small eyes. Otherwise, the treatment itself is fine. I get some swelling, but it has healed nicely.

Hope this info is helpful.
    Meg

thats awesome to hear it worked for you. Yeah i would think the eyelid could be pulled up a bit to avoid those laser contacts. You say it takes longer to heal as in it stays red and sensitive longer before calming down?

Default VBEAM on eyelids

For me, the eyelids stay sensitive longer. It's not so much that they are redder. After the swelling goes down, my eyelids seem to take longer to settle down. They are more prone to flare easily for a couple of months, but once they have fully healed, they are less red and less reactive.

I forgot to mention that I also had IPL of my eyelids many years ago, but that did not help much, and may have even made my eyelids worse, so I was worried about trying again with the Perfecta. The Perfecta was much better than IPL for my eyelids.

Meg

Default Bruising

Regarding bruising
    That's a question that I'm beginning to question now. About 5 years ago I had treatments with a regular vbeam with bruising that would put me in complete remission. That is, I was not flushing and could exercise and tolerate heat. However I would need to be treated every 6 weeks. Eventually I stopped bruising and remission ended. Doctor declared me "laser resistant". After that I had a series of- well everything. I went back to PDL, but 2 treatments that left me bruised and black for months. The first one knocked my flushing down a lot. The second did not and I rebounded with a vengeance. In desperation, I went back to vbeam, this time perfecta. Since I was new to this doctor, he gave me a more aggressive treatment than he would a first time patient, was surprised I didn't bruise (on my face, but did on my neck and chest) and said not to expect much from this treatment. He said he would use "a different frequency" in 4 weeks which would cause bruising. Surprisingly I responded very well. Was able to attend a small Christmas party a week later (with a fan) and enjoy another with my family on Christmas day.
    So I don't know if it's kind of like trying to turn a jar lid for an hour only to have someone else get it on the first try or my face responding to another form of treatment, only to revert later.
    Unfortunately, laser treatment is very operator dependent. Also, everyone's disease and response is different.
    Sorry for such a long non-answer, answer to your question
    Arlene

Very interesting. how long would you say you stay in remission for between treatments? And its strange that one bruising vbeam decreased your flushing and the other blew you up. Were the settings of those two treatments different>?