Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: SURVEY | Effectiveness of light therapy for rosacea and/or seborrheic dermatitis

Hi David

Baby Quasar MD Plus costs $800

Is that what you have ?

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Hi David

Baby Quasar MD Plus costs $800

Is that what you have ?
    I use the Soothing Rain TM Light Unit. You can find info here: www.soothingrainlight.com . It comes with a return policy for an in-home trial so you can make sure RLT is working for your unique expression of rosacea--no risk.

I wouldn't use the Baby Quasar MD Plus for a couple of reasons. It's a handheld and you're going to get irregular coverage on your face that may not do a thorough job and it will take you a lot longer to do daily treatments.
    More importantly, the Baby Quasar uses infrared light and this tends to be worse for rosacea sufferers--more likely to cause increased redness and flushing in a greater number of people.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

David,

Your commercial unit looks pretty as far as specs go and is pretty convenient for full face. I have been thinking about trying it out. But I also thought you are using a higher power unit now? So are you using the commercial unit or a custom built higher power unit?

Quote Originally Posted by wiry View Post
    David,

Your commercial unit looks pretty as far as specs go and is pretty convenient for full face. I have been thinking about trying it out. But I also thought you are using a higher power unit now? So are you using the commercial unit or a custom built higher power unit?
    I'm continuing to experiment with a homebuilt array, though it needs some work as several of the connections are coming loose. I also use my commercial model at home and definitely when I'm traveling because it's much easier to transport, open up, and put away.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaDavid View Post
    I use the Soothing Rain TM Light Unit. You can find info here: www.soothingrainlight.com . It comes with a return policy for an in-home trial so you can make sure RLT is working for your unique expression of rosacea--no risk.

I wouldn't use the Baby Quasar MD Plus for a couple of reasons. It's a handheld and you're going to get irregular coverage on your face that may not do a thorough job and it will take you a lot longer to do daily treatments.
    More importantly, the Baby Quasar uses infrared light and this tends to be worse for rosacea sufferers--more likely to cause increased redness and flushing in a greater number of people.

Best,

David
    Will this also work for KPRF ?

A Friend of mine has been asking about it
    Last edited by davekelly; 26th October 2014 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Will this also work for KPRF ?

A Friend of mine has been asking about it
    I don't know, to be honest. RLT would theoretically have some benefits for any inflammatory skin disorder that appears toward the surface of the skin. That being said, I have no direct or anecdotal experience with KPRF and RLT. There's a full refund policy for that product with a 60-day in-home trial period. Sometimes the only way to know is to try something out.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    20 + laser treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaDavid View Post

Best,

David
    Link doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by pontypool View Post
    Link doesn't work
    IowaDavid put this link up in October 2014 and his last post he made here at RF was in December 2015, and sad to say, he passed away in June 2016, and he is surely missed. He was an avid poster (1,415 posts) and contributor here at RF. The link was to his own website which is no more.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 18th March 2021 at 12:54 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi