Thread: Anyone know any good derms in ireland

Default Anyone know any good derms in ireland

Hi anyone know any good derms in ireland , have been to three so far and condition is getting worse. Have seb derm and probally rosacea. Would like to be able to see a derm who you will only see you every three months and who is open minded to prescribing you new medications not the same crap thats not working.

thanks,

M

Did you ever find a good dermatologist in the end?

Frank Powell, M.D.
    Consultant Dermatologist
    Regional Centre of Dermatology
    Mater Misericordiae Hospital
    Dublin, Ireland
    Leading European authority on rosacea
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Frank Powell, M.D.
    Consultant Dermatologist
    Dublin, Ireland
    Saw Dr. Powell but letter from gp referring me was that i was looking for second opinion so he send me back to other derm who was pretty useless, however two of them said i had seb derm and powell said when he saw me that he couldnt see rosacea. even though face was sensitive to all rosacea type triggers. maybe powell would be better if i had been able to see him for follow up visits. please note if takes three months min, took me four months to get appointment u need a gp letter and appointments are made via letter and not over the phone.

First derm i saw in blackrock clinic was nicholas walsh who was prob best of them. he diagnosed roascea in 2009 before i had any spots i had a few spider veins on nose only two or three and one or two bits of redness on cheeks at time. however dont think he will go extra mile as in may 2010 when skin was getting worse he said come back in 9 months!!! Second derm i saw was useless i even cancelled my appointments with her.

Derms are to busy in ireland to take skin conditions such as rosacea seriouly in my view.
    Better i think to read the forums here and get a frienly opend minded gp who is willing to try different things. not saying dont see a derm but if your not getting the time or result then try to get a friendly gp and keep seeing derm (if you want to).

Saying that if you think you have demodex issues maybe check out dr rosemary coleman site.
    She is only derm in ireland dublin that i saw talking openly about these mites on her website. havent seen her but might make an appointment with her. however most derms dont have sites in ireland only some gps and laser clinics touting for business.

At moment using dermadoctor and eurax with good results or relatively good. face bit red and will go red if to warm/hot or stressed or drinking, however not burning like it did in past two years. also trying to stay off nicotine in form of smoking and nicorette which is a big trigger for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Frank Powell, M.D.
    Consultant Dermatologist
    Dublin, Ireland
    ps dr powell from my one visit was impressive. no bull****. took family/medical history. Wrote a letter outling these things also as at 200 euro a vist after waiting monhts u want to make most of it. he did property skin inspection on face arms and chest. other derm ie unnamed one above didnnt even examine skin had to ask her to look at spider veins on face and she told me dont worry about them. asked for about flushing and she said that was to be expected with sommeone of my skin type. even though i was beet red at time she said i had good skin. lost faith in her after that visit.