Thread: Long term effects of Avenno Ultra Calming Moisturiser?

Default Long term effects of Avenno Ultra Calming Moisturiser?

Hi,

About to take the plunge after reading several reports that:

1. Feverfew is a very powerful anti-inflamatory, 35 to 1000 fold over other claimed anti-inflamatory's - http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... ntent;col1 & viewtopic.php?f=4&t=484&p=19178#p19178

2. There are lots of reports it actually works from rosaceans: http://rosacea-support.org/aveeno-ultra ... erfew.html

I wonder what the long term effects are? I don't want to do more damage in the long run.

I have never heard anyone mention any particular issues with Avenno. Would be great to hear how you get on.

Hi, this might only be partly helpful, since I've never used the moisturizer. But I use the creamy cleanser, and I really like it. I've been using it (not exclusively, but very regularly - 3 - 4 times a week) for many months, and have nothing but good effects. It does calm my skin somewhat (definitely does not worsen redness, has never promoted redness nor sensitivity), and cleanses gently without drying. The cleanser does also contain feverfew extract. If I may suggest, checking Makeupalley's reviews for the moisturizers (there are two) - IIRC, some folks had problems with the SPF 30 that they didn't with the SPF 15 version. Might be worth it to read, to note potential issues others have seen.
    Types I, II, IV - mild to moderate, depending ...

Thank you.

I will give it a go.

At the moment I am using KEYS products. I like them and they have not irritated my skin, but the red is worsening :/ so I want to try something else.

I don't think the keys products have done this - probably just the disease progressing I am refusing to take low dose Doxycycline at the moment as I read up on it and it does nothing for redness unfortunately. So frustrating!

Hi,

I have been using the Aveeno Ultracalming Cleanser for about 1.5 years now and I still like it. I have had no negative long term effect at all. Hope that helps.

Sunshine

Default Another one in the Mix - Good Skin

Thanks. Sounds like you have had a positive experience Sunsine11!

I did some more digging and found this section of the website:

http://rosaceagroup.org/review/r/Moisturizers.html

The Aveeno actually got a very bad write up (from most) some found it very helpful.

What did get almost unanimous good feedback was the Good Skin - All Calm range. I found a company - 'Cheap Smells - http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPa...FURe4wodU3o94Q' - classy name I know.

They sell most of their products, but not the SFP. I've contacted them so will let you know.

Think I will try this first and report back then switch if it's not doing it for me.