Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General poll: do ppl that have ocular rosacea have worse or better facial rosacea?

I'm sorry to hear that. I too and finding the same fate. It is very frustrating.

If you find something that works well for you please let me know and vice versa.

Have you tried the Q Tip (cotton bud) dot press (just where you firmly press along the eyelid margin in a press and release manor) technique? I tried it this morning and it is the first time I actually felt it was doing something.

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by moore778899 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I too and finding the same fate. It is very frustrating.

If you find something that works well for you please let me know and vice versa.

Have you tried the Q Tip (cotton bud) dot press (just where you firmly press along the eyelid margin in a press and release manor) technique? I tried it this morning and it is the first time I actually felt it was doing something.
    Yes, I was doing the lid massage with the q-tip nightly and honestly my eyes were not any worse off for sure.I couldn't see it,but my boyfriend would watch me and he saw oil coming out.

My new Opth told me to stop as it was irritating my lids????? He also stopped the azasite on my lids and told me to stay on the restasis(which is really irritating at times)That was a month ago when he also said see you in 6 months!!! I'm going to start it up again though as I think my eyes felt a lot better and were not as red.

Could be worth a go.

I must admit the inflammation in my eyelid has gone down dramatically since I changed techniques.

I also put on a cold eye mask for 5 mins after the q tip method.

If you try this, I'd be interested to know if you get blurred vision for about 5 or so minutes after the cold compress??

Default Ocular rosacea

Quote Originally Posted by sandra lee View Post
    Personally, my ocular symptoms are more severe and it is absolutely unnerving to deal with the horrid eye irritation.I have friends with facial rosacea only,and they can at least lead a somewhat normal life.I pray for us all.
    I agree- the eyes are the worst. I have also developed neurogenic rosacea with hot flushing/pain in my face with swelling. My doctor had me try gabapentin (Neurontin), but I felt like I was on an acid trip--(if I could imagine how weird that would feel). I can't live like that. Have you found any relief with the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by VB501 View Post
    I agree- the eyes are the worst. I have also developed neurogenic rosacea with hot flushing/pain in my face with swelling. My doctor had me try gabapentin (Neurontin), but I felt like I was on an acid trip--(if I could imagine how weird that would feel). I can't live like that. Have you found any relief with the eyes.
    You have dug up a thread that was started on December 5, 2010 which sandra lee responded to and you quote who made a total of 25 posts and her last post was on December 13, 2010 (post no 22) in this thread. The odds on sandra lee replying are slim to none. She is one of the 36,533 inactive members (36,890 members less the 357 Active members as of this date today) who don't post anymore. The rosaceans come and go talking about their rosacea woes. You may want to read this post about treatment for Phenotype 6.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi