Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing

Smile Amazing

I've been using an all-red device for about a week now, and I must say, it's doing incredibly good things. I knew the science said it was anti-inflammatory, but I had no idea the effect would be this strong; I'd say it's at least as strong as low-dose accutane or melanotan in that regard. It's wonderful.

Has anyone else experienced any mood enhancement from LLLT? (I mean, beyond the happiness from getting good results.) I swear, it has provoked something of a manic episode in me (I get those from time to time anyway, but I suspect a causality here.) I know there are light devices people use to combat Seasonal Affective Disorder, so there is some precedent.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

I like it too. Liss you having any luck?

That's great news Steve and Cameron. I find that the red light is very calming for my rosacea and my mood too. It does enhance a general sense of well being for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve95301 View Post
    I've been using an all-red device for about a week now, and I must say, it's doing incredibly good things. I knew the science said it was anti-inflammatory, but I had no idea the effect would be this strong; I'd say it's at least as strong as low-dose accutane or melanotan in that regard. It's wonderful.

Has anyone else experienced any mood enhancement from LLLT? (I mean, beyond the happiness from getting good results.) I swear, it has provoked something of a manic episode in me (I get those from time to time anyway, but I suspect a causality here.) I know there are light devices people use to combat Seasonal Affective Disorder, so there is some precedent.
    Wow, sounds great! Could you go into a bit more detail about what you are doing and the type of results you are seeing.

Thanks,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post
    Wow, sounds great! Could you go into a bit more detail about what you are doing and the type of results you are seeing.

Thanks,
    Dave
    +1, please and thank you!
    and if it's a commercially-available red light gizmo (as opposed to a homemade one, i mean)
    please let us know what model is making you so happy and doing your skin so much good

I use a 660nm all red made by the led man. small hand held unit 120 led's same one as I sent lissa on this forum. except hers you can switch to IR also. Have not heard from her if she is having good results or not. If she doesn't like it. I hope she passes it on to another person in this forum so they can try it out without spending a fortune.

Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post

Thanks,
    Dave
    Sure. I'm using the all-red handheld from LEDman. I use it on each cheek and my forehead for 20-40 seconds, 4-7 times per day.

The results are basically what everyone else has reported: softer skin, decreased baseline redness, decreased flushing intensity/frequency. There's a definite sensation of cooler skin temperature, very similar to what I experienced with low-dose accutane.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I hope she passes it on to another person in this forum so they can try it out without spending a fortune.
    Cameron
    as next in line after Lissa to try that gizmo out, let me thank you again, Cameron, for thinking of such a brilliant approach. we all spend way too much money trying out assorted forms of treatment that end up not helping, so a way for some of us to try something before we decide whether or not to invest in it is very welcome indeed.

bravo Cameron!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve95301 View Post
    Sure. I'm using the all-red handheld from LEDman. I use it on each cheek and my forehead for 20-40 seconds, 4-7 times per day.

The results are basically what everyone else has reported: softer skin, decreased baseline redness, decreased flushing intensity/frequency. There's a definite sensation of cooler skin temperature, very similar to what I experienced with low-dose accutane.
    Really glad to hear the slightly more affordable version from the LEDman is working so well - I've had the LightStim on my fantasy wishlist for a while, but it's totally out of my (unemployed person's) price range. But the LEDman's version might be do-able eventually ... nice to hear a review like this.
    Types I, II, IV - mild to moderate, depending ...

Does red light therapy help with P&Ps or is it strictly for redness and flushing?