Thread: Pyratine XR

Default Pyratine XR

Can anyone comment on using this? I have noticed a few mention it, but no descriptive reviews.

Tried it (both lotion and cream) and it made me ridiculously flakey. When i stopped, my skin went back to not flakey...very weird!

I wouldn't mind trying it as long as it doesn't do any permanent damage.

Is there a chance it will cause problems with seb-derm? I have had a very very mild case once before on my eyelids while using rogaine. It lasted about 2 months after I stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by tp912 View Post
    Is there a chance it will cause problems with seb-derm? I have had a very very mild case once before on my eyelids while using rogaine. It lasted about 2 months after I stopped.
    Anyone? I have read a few people mention flakes after use.

The only person Pyratine XR ever helped was the former CEO.
    You would probably do much better shorting their stock than buying the product.

Last I read they switched from the pharmaceutical business to gold mining.
    Google Senetek and Frank Massino

I use it and I've seen Dukecity mention it also. I started out 2yrs ago or so with pyratine and had severe seb-derm when I started it. I've been through so many things since then I can't tell you why the seb-derm is gone but it is. I found Cerave about a yr ago and do remember occasionally having flakes then. I switched to the pyratine-xr this past year also. I use it very sparingly 1x a day and sometimes stop for a week or 2. I only buy about 2 tubes a year. I believe that between this and the cerave I have repaired my skin barrier which was in severely bad shape from lets see - retin A, cortizone cream of some sort, prescription benzoil peroxide, elidol, etc etc... (I can't remember all the names of rx's I have been given in the last 12yrs. Everything the derm put me on in the long run gave me very raw skin with a bad case of seb-derm. This stuff does not take my rosacea away but it does help lessen it a bit. It helps enough that when I run out and go without it too long I seem to get worse.

Hi Mojo,

I stand corrected and am glad to hear you have everything under control.

I guess my main bitch beyond the ridiculous price are the claims they make
    90% improvement in lesions
    45% improvement in erythema
    28% improvement in telangiectasia
    41% mean improvement in skin dryness

Exactly how they know the difference between 41% vs 40% dryness is beyond me
    but I would really want to see proof of the telangiectasias fading.
    Last edited by man_from_mars; 24th November 2010 at 01:56 AM.

If it improves it at all then I must be doing something at times to make it worse LOL! The price is outrageous and I still keep looking for something better. When I first started with it I noticed a good improvement but, as I think I may have mentioned in a different post, sometimes I think I build up a resistance to everything and it eventually stops working very well. My rosacea is always worse in the winter (most people say the opposite) and I am using it right now but have cheeks like a river MAP! Much worse than it was over the summer.
    To clarify a bit - I ran out of it over the summer and just used cerave. Gave Nia24 a try, worked for a couple of weeks then I got worse again. As the summer was ending and rosacea was going down hill (I have terrible fall allergies), I bought another tube. Helped great for the first couple of weeks then it seems to slack off. Maybe for me it would be best to try 2wks on and 2wks off. ?? All I can say is that it is another one of those products that some do ok on and others don't. It's another $100 flip of the coin. This has to be one of the biggest money making diseases out there!! Anyway, good luck all.