Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My Rheumatologist is letting me try Mepacrine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rand627 View Post
    Nope. I live in Southern California.

As far as updates go..hm. I wish there was an easier way to explain all of this. It makes sense in my head but it's very hard to write down.

The quinacrine has definitely helped. It has not been a cure though. I still flush and have day to day redness. That's the basics.

Ive recently cut out milk completely from my diet. It's been about 2 weeks and during those two weeks I've accidently had a tiny bit of milk. I've cut down at least 99% though. This new diet has significantly helped reduce the miniature pimples I used to get around the mouth. They are almost completely gone in fact. It's been almost a week since I got one which is a huge relief.

The question now is whether or not those pimples are related to my rosacea. If they are then I'm optimistic about it affecting flushing down the road. It hasn't helped much in the redness or flushing department. So who knows.

About the PDF..that's one of the things that has helped me most in the past. Keep as warm as you can without flushing. It's a simple concept that everyone on these boards should know. It can and does definitely help!
    I agree, it should be made common knowledge. If there's no sticky for this then there should be..! Its very enlightening and it would change a lot of perspectives on the matter of flushing.

For me I think its very significant. I actually think most of my flushing can be attributed to this. I've always had the idea that its best to stay cool and try to prevent flushing by "treating it" with cold air etc.. I used to think heat was the problem and I wouldn't use much if any heat in my car etc. A lot of it was also beyond my control. Its below freezing here 5 months out of the year where I live and much of that is like arctic conditions. My job requires me to be outside frequently, so that definitely played a large role in why my flushing was so extreme. The cold is the only difference between me having extreme intense flushing and no flushing.. Its been 6 days! haha

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of cold is leading to a warm room flush for you? There is no cold where you live.. Are you getting a little too AC crazy down there?

I'm also taking Quinacrine btw. If my flushing stays under control even in hot weather I think I'll wend myself off of it. I'm not suprized I didn't really get any results with it. I doubt a anti-malarial could prevent this cold/warm environment thing. I just hope the summer heat doesn't get me.. No AC!

Haha..it definitely doesn't get as cold down here as it does up there but it can get cold. Dunno if you use celsius or faranheit but it can get to below freezing for up to a month. Doesn't stay that way all the day though. I also went to college in Utah where it's pretty dang cold. Going through negative 8 degree weather to go to a gym class is horrible on my skin!

Rand627,

Any update on your success with the mepacrine and/or anti-fungal cream?

Best,
    Chris

Woo, super late reply. I had no success with the quinacrine, unfortunately. I was on it for about 2-3 months. If there was any success it was probably due to my head thinking it was helping. The only thing the quinacrine did was give me weird headaches. You know how when you stand up after laying down you get light headed really fast? I had that severely bad. I was having a very hard time concentrating too. It scared me to be honest, I think some residual effects may still be affecting me almost 2 years after I took it. I am not sure why this happened.

My deal over the past 2 years has been pretty neutral. I am learning to control my whatever it is I have in my head. But it hasn't gotten any better as far as redness is concerned. I can just make it happen less often I guess you can say.

Literally about 2 hours ago I had a vbeam treatment. This is my last hope. If it doesn't help, I am done! I'll just have to settle with what I have and go from there. I will keep you updated on the vbeam! It hurt like heck, hah.

lol -I remember your avatar for some reason Rand627
    welcome back and plz keep us updated on your vbeam treatment results

-mfm

Probably because you helped me get it up there, hah. I definitely will. I was gone for two years and am back, so I will be relatively active here. =D

Okay yall, I am here with an update.

The Vbeam did a great job at keeping the flushing down. Just as most people say it doesn't get rid of the ability to flush but it drastically raised my ability to fight it off. I've gotten good at the psychological fight but the physical fight wasn't going anywhere. The vbeam helped knocked this down. I just had my second treatment two days ago and I am excited to see what this one does. It takes my skin a full 3 weeks to totally recover, and after about 3 or so days it's pretty hard to tell I had the treatment from a normal person's standpoint.

So basically..I am having great success so far with the vbeam. It's been a while since I had a fully fledged flush, especially in public.