Thread: A year on, made a lot of progress.

Default A year on, made a lot of progress.

Hi everyone, sorry i haven't been around in a while.

So its basically a year since i started to become really concerned with my face, I found out i had rosacea, seb derm and was also suffering from angular chelitis, which is a thing that makes the outside of your lips scab up, and your chin go red, I was also very overweight. as you can imagine i wasnt a pretty sight, i was covered in 100's of p&p's, constantly flushing, with redness and dry skin all over my face, i was depressed. I decided to change my life and try and help my skin recover

I lost over 30 pounds in the course of 2 months to get down to a healthy weight, and started using auburns coconut oil regime. The angular chelitis cleared up almost straight away, and my skin started gettign softer, also i stopped flushing (havent had one in 6 months)

I still had a few p&p's but my skin was a lot better, then i started using clearail ultra daily gel wash, this cleared up 90% of p&p's, and no nasty side effects.

for the remaining p%p's, i either ignore them, or if i'm going out I use a concealer stick on them and they hide up nicely.

So for now, I am going to stich to this routine, of living and eating healthy, being active, and treating my skin with respect.

I have had good results and am keen to share my success with others in any way that i can, so if anyone has any questions please ask.

Hi, sweetheart!

So nice to hear from you again. Your post made my day. Wonderful news. Wow! You must look great now.

I really like what you said, about treating your skin with respect.

Take good care.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

You were the main person that helped me auburn, it's fair to say that you have changed my life for the better.

Don't make me cry now...

I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Hi Infern0,

Could you please tell all regarding your healthy eating? I am always interested in hearing what people changed to their eating habits and what works for them

Thanks for your post!

Glad for your progress Infern0! Always great to hear success stories. There are truly ways to get your rosacea under control, and this forum is great for ideas.

And to Bookie, to answer your question in my view. The change in diet was one of the ways that got my rosacea under control (together with metronidazole, topical Salicylic Vaseline and stop using tobacco). Eating healthy, a couple of tips that helped me:
    * Minimize intake of dairy products.
    * Minimize intake of chocolate, sugar, sodas, and candy overall.
    * Drinking green tea.
    * Probiotic products, and probiotic capsules from the pharmacy.

If I go to McDonalds, Burger King or eat candy, crisps, dip & cola for an evening, I can almost be sure to have a flare of rosacea pimples. So I try to stay out of this, even though...sometimes...I eat it. But itīs kept to a minimum!

Once again, great work Infern0, and keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokkie View Post
    Hi Infern0,

Could you please tell all regarding your healthy eating? I am always interested in hearing what people changed to their eating habits and what works for them

Thanks for your post!
    It would take a long time to explain my diet, but for the most part, I cut out fast food and anything sugary, now I eat a lot of wholegrains (brown rice, wholegrain pasta, brown bread) salads, chicken and fish, fruit and fruit juices.

My diet used to be dreadful, fast food every day, when i was 16 i could get away with it, but now in my mid 20's i can't do it without serious side effects, ha ha.

I used to weigh 212lbs, at 6'0" thats quite a lot especially as it was all fat, i am now 177lbs, which is pretty lean, and i feel much better, not just my rosacea either, i dont get sick any more, i used to get headaches, diziness and really bad colds all the time.
    Last edited by Infern0; 23rd October 2010 at 03:46 AM.

That is great to hear! I am starting today to take my diet more serious and my workouts more serious. I am cutting out sugar, breads, etc. I am going to eat mainly lean protein, fruits, veggies, whole grain pastas, etc. Also, I am going to consistantly do some form of exercise 6 days a week giving my body 1 day of rest each week. I am looking to lose 20 pounds and feel this will help my Rosacea to some degree. Hopefully it will help a lot. Also, when I see my Derm next month I am going to suggest reducing the antibiotics and eventually stop taking them. ALso, I would like to start using Metrogel just once per day to give my skin some relief. I would like to start using a gentle foaming facial wash - any suggestions? I am also thinking of getting a stool analysis done to see if there are any issues with my stomach. Has anyone done this?

I will keep everyone updated on my progress!
    Doug

Thanks for the update on the healthy eating Infern0!

I too am trying to eat more healthy, cutting down on sugar and wheat. Some days its easy... but the cravings is just the worst... sigh...

Congratulations and thank you for taking the time to update members. All too often people get better and then disappear and we are not given the opportunity to learn what has helped them.