Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am new, here are pictures of my face. I need help/advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Thanks for fixing it. I know how to post pics, but the forum is not letting me, so I leave out the first part.
    I know.

IDoes this sound more like seb derm than rosacea?
    It does sound and look like seb derm.

Isn't odd how may face can go from normal back to flares, and then normal again?
    It is.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

I am going to do the honey mask/coconut oil treatment for sure then. Should I wait for this current flare up to subside before starting it, as to not irritate it worse. I know within a few days my skin will be a lot better.

I buzz my head anyways, and I am going to trim my beard a lot shorter. So this total mask shouldn't be too hard to do for me.

As far as probiotics, I am going to research more on it. Any recommendations? I want to start ingesting ACV daily as well, as I heard it helps, and it's just generally good for you anyways.

Thanks for your time and sympathy! You are so nice.

Should I wait for this current flare up to subside before starting it, as to not irritate it worse. I know within a few days my skin will be a lot better.
    If you start now it won't irritate it worse. Most people report calmer skin during the first week then things start to get rocky for a few days, before the seb derm starts to clear. But, since you are used to this kind of thing, I am counting on you not freaking out.

I buzz my head anyways, and I am going to trim my beard a lot shorter. So this total mask shouldn't be too hard to do for me.
    Good idea.

As far as probiotics, I am going to research more on it. Any recommendations? I want to start ingesting ACV daily as well, as I heard it helps, and it's just generally good for you anyways.
    Do me a favor and save me some typing. Enter the words prebiotics and probiotics in the search box up there, it should return many helpful threads, some of them quite current.

ACV, a tablespoon before or with meals, yes.

Thanks for your time and sympathy! You are so nice.
    Glad to be of help.

Take good care.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

I pulled this from another thread, where you stated this:

The things that have helped me the most:

The raw honey treatment for the seb derm (this fights the fungus that causes seb derm and conditions the skin).

Using virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer on face and body (it nurtures the skin and keeps it soft ).

Drinking about two quarts of lightly brewed green tea every day (not sure if it's the green tea I'm benefiting from or just the liquid intake but the tea does the trick, since I can't bring myself to drink plain water).

Eating plain yogurt daily (I make my own to avoid things like powdered milk and corn products).

Taking digestive enzymes.

Eating raw honey and coconut oil, which also help heal the gut.

I've also been taking fish oils since last May but I really have no idea if they've had any impact.

How much raw honey and coconut oil do you ingest? I tablespoon of each?

I also know that organic yogurts have live cultures in them, so this sounds like a good idea.

I stopped consuming dairy (except for heavy cream) in late March, when I started brewing water kefir which is a great source of probiotics and calcium.

Still drink green tea but not as much, I'd say a bit less than a quart per day.

I've stopped taking digestive enzymes.

Stopped taking fish oil, as well. I'm eating more wild salmon and sardines instead.

How much raw honey and coconut oil do you ingest? I tablespoon of each?
    I used to eat two or three tablespoons of virgin coconut oil daily. Did that for several months. Back then I was also using olive oil almost exclusively for cooking and extra virgin olive oil in salads but I had to stop because of this: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...l=1#post241493

So now I use three kinds of fats: refined coconut oil (65%), butter (20%) and grape seed oil (15%). I'd say I ingest a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil daily.

I don't eat a lot of raw honey. Maybe a tablespoon daily, yes.

I will be starting treatment tomorrow. I picked up the supplies today. I will post pictures after week or so. I will probably post updates before then as well. My skin has calmed down a little since I posted those pictures. Thanks again!

OK. Before you start, though, be sure to look at WilliamD's photos. He's been mixing the honey with too much water and applying the mask too thickly. If you use the correct ratio (90% - 10%) and start out with about two teaspoons of honey, the mask should kind of bead on your skin but not drip at all.

Take good care and keep the updates coming.

I checked his thread and see what you mean about the dripping. I will be following the directions to the letter!

This is going to be fun, haha...

Take a pic before you start the masks for the 'before' shot.

Talk to you again in a few days, then. Have fun.

Here is a "before" picture. I am about to do the first honey cleanse, followed by a mask later. I am still unable to post links/photos.

Godspeed.

i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll69/TrevGrooves/IMG_1554.jpg