Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am new, here are pictures of my face. I need help/advice.

Default I am new, here are pictures of my face. I need help/advice.

Hello, I am coming to this site for support from others who have skin conditions on their face. It really is a terrible thing to deal with, and my sympathy goes out to all.

I started having issues a couple years back. I thought it was just dry skin at first, but moisturizers did not help and just mad the flares worse.

I think I may have seb derm. Here are my typical symptoms.

I dont get flares very often actually, in fact the past year or so I have been able to control them pretty well with Eucerin Rednes Relief after a shower. It starts with red areas on my cheeks, then the spots get tight/itchy/dry/tough. The sking then starts to flake pretty heavily, with the flakes staying on my skin. I let it take it's course and when it flakes away, my skin goes back to being smooth and clear to clear'sih. After that I just hope I don'f flare agian for awhile. Now I actually start gettinf it around my eyebrows as well.

Cold weather effects it, when the heat is turned on in my home, it's prone to get worse.
    I am posting pictures of what is for me, on a 1-10 scale, a 10 for one of my flare ups. I have never been on any skin medications. I have read about the honey masks on here, and I think that I should try it.

Notice the scaley yellowish/white flakes on my face.

s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll69/TrevGrooves/face/

Just copy that link and insert it in your browser, for some reason the forum won't let me post links, I tried. Maybe I need some more posts or something.
    Last edited by Trev; 20th October 2010 at 06:41 PM.

Hi again, Trev.

You started a similar thread a couple of days ago, to which Shantelle and I replied: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...780#post246780

The URL you provided here is incomplete but I managed to find your photos on Photobucket. (Here's the right link: http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...vGrooves/face/ ).

The photos are very blurry but, yes, your condition does look like seb derm.

You said you'd like to try a natural remedy first. For the honey/oil treatment, click this link http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...in-coconut-oil. and read the primer and the FAQ.

You have quite a bit of plaque so it might take four to six weeks for your condition to clear. Follow the instructions to the letter, do not improvise and be patient.

If you have any questions about the treatment, please refer to the FAQ before posting.

Cheers

PS: Consider changing your diet. Keeping the sugar consumption to a minimum will make a huge difference.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Thanks for your reply Auburn, you are the person I wanted feedback from!

I looked for my first thread and though it was removed for violation or something, because I could not find it.

I do not ingest sugars really, no soda or candy or sweets at all. I am going to start using probiotics and ACV, I am familiar with all these products, even the honey and coconut oils, as I used to work for a health food store. Also, I have no dandruff or scalp issues. I really think this is seb derm. I know the flaking looks bad, but within the nex 4 days or so, my skin may look normal again, it's really odd. This is the worst my face has falred up...

If I don't have scalp issues should I still do a full on Honey mask?

Thank you Thank you for helping me!

Also, any other links concerning seb derm on the face would be helpful. I have looked but onyl find dandruff/scalp facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post

Thanks for your reply Auburn, you are the person I wanted feedback from!
    You are very welcome.

I do not ingest sugars really, no soda or candy or sweets at all. I am going to start using probiotics and ACV
    Good.

If I don't have scalp issues should I still do a full on Honey mask?
    Yes, please do. Face/scalp/ears. From now on only use room temperature water to cleanse your face. Print the primer/FAQ and give it a good read before you start the treatment.

Thank you Thank you for helping me!
    My pleasure. Follow the instructions and be patient, OK?

Take good care.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Also, any other links concerning seb derm on the face would be helpful. I have looked but onyl find dandruff/scalp facts.
    It is the same condition, Trev. The FAQ I wrote covers that as well.

Yes, I find hot/warm water is terrible for my face. I am going to do this and follow up as well on my journey.

I do sometimes drink beer, could this effect seb serm, as far as yeast and sugars go?

This is what my face looked like last week. Pretty clear and normal, and I am happy when looking like that. This current flare just happened as the cooler weather and heating has started. I also don't flush too often, sometimes when I drink beer, but very seldom.

i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll69/TrevGrooves/33913_1624380932054_1312429679_1790326_8077796_n.j pg

Oh, yes, that's a nice, healthy, happy looking face.

That URL is wrong again (hopefully you'll be able to post photos soon). Here's your photo:

Re: beer, how much do you drink? It shouldn't be a problem if it's just a few per week.

Thanks for fixing it. I know how to post pics, but the forum is not letting me, so I leave out the first part.

I sometimes drink 6-10 beers a week, sometimes none. I haved been thinking that beer might be bad for my face.

Does this sound more like seb derm than rosacea? Isn't odd how may face can go from normal back to flares, and then normal again? Today it's fairly itchy and tight, also tingly.

I took the first set of pictures today, having had no shower or cleanse at all. I also try not to pick the flakes at all.