Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seb derm or Rosacea ?

Default Seb derm or Rosacea ?

Ive had this red inflamed stuff on my face for a few years now. Went to a derm who told me she couldn't tell what I had. Was prescribed a sulfur cream and anti-biotic. Neither of which did anything. I noticed around the time I started to get pretty bad dandruff is when this stuff broke out on my face.I've tried alot of different things. I started to do the honey mask/oil and today was my 6th time applying it. I noticed things have started to get flakier and redder. I currently don't have health insurance and cant afford to pay to go to a derm.Any opinions ?

I can't tell from the pictures, not that I am any expert anyway. But it really doesn't matter which it is as far as using the honey/oil. Mine was diagnosed as rosacea, but this treatment is helping my skin tremendously!

I believe if you read through Auburn's FAQ's you will see that flaking and peeling does start somewhere in the 2nd week of treatment. Then it will start improving.

Make sure you adjust your diet to cut out all white sugars, baked goodies and sweets and white bread/simple carbs.

If it is possible, try going gluten free for a while and see if that helps. I also cut out dairy and use coconut milk and goat's milk products.

Default Suggestion

I use bumble and bee organics face cream and rosehip cleanser..(order online)
    I take 2 probiotics a day (don't take antibiotics please it's TOXIC)
    NO WHEAT, DAIRY, GLUTEN please!
    I am doing a liver cleanse by renew (a naturopathic doctor/and ppl at health food stores stated that skin problems typically indicate liver toxicity)
    I take FISH OIL and PRIMROSE OIL supplements after each meal
    I take Biotin once a day 1000mg
    You can google the benefits of each....I promise (I CARE). My skin has never been better in years ...I'm 27 and it hasn't been this good since I was 14...

I was at all ends and depressed as ever...I have been doing research about naturopathy etc. Upon researching I found vitamins to take etc. However, one day I was in a health food store and was speaking to really nice people (who's intentions weren't simply to sell the product). Well I bought a liver cleanse by renew b/c according to the naturopathic doctor skin problems typically indicate liver toxicity. On this cleanse it recommends no dairy, wheat, yeast..well my skin is amazing,..it hasn't been like this since i was 14 yrs old!! I Am SOO HAPPY! I will never go back to the dermatologist ever, if anything they had worsened my condition. "Rosacea" as they call it makes $ and if they continue to treat the problem externally...it will never be cured which is beneficial for the dermatologists b/c we keep going back, it's cyclical and they benefit by the MONEY they make. IN ALL I changed my diet NO GLUTEN, NO DAIRY..no egg also. Please consider this..if you are depressed as hell like I was..ALSO I AM taking FISH OIL WITH EVERY MEAL and PRIMROSE OIL...essential fatty acids since I suffered from eczema like reactions on my face....this helps tremendously!! PLease for you're own benefit consider this! Reply......if questions. Help yourself! Dermatologists are making money and continuing the disease cycle...Screw tetracyclines, minocyclines they put me on that too. ALSO the last derm I went to told me there's nothing that will work for your face!....he also gave me FREE AND CLEAR SAMPLES which are carcinogenic and have the common irritant SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE..idiot! which irritated the hell out of my skin. IN ALL if they continue the conditions to keep ppl down and TO KEEP THEMSELVES EMPLOYED! I am not a doctor.....but it took my background to break this cycle......I conduct my own research-

Quote Originally Posted by atthegates View Post
    Ive had this red inflamed stuff on my face for a few years now. Went to a derm who told me she couldn't tell what I had. Was prescribed a sulfur cream and anti-biotic. Neither of which did anything. I noticed around the time I started to get pretty bad dandruff is when this stuff broke out on my face.I've tried alot of different things. I started to do the honey mask/oil and today was my 6th time applying it. I noticed things have started to get flakier and redder. I currently don't have health insurance and cant afford to pay to go to a derm.Any opinions ?

Thanks for the advice. Its gonna be tough to cut out the sugar and bread products. I'm gonna give the fish oil and etc a try also. Hopefully I start to see some results from the honey and coconut oil soon. If not I'm gonna be really bummed out.

Hi there,

I started to do the honey mask/oil and today was my 6th time applying it. I noticed things have started to get flakier and redder. I currently don't have health insurance and cant afford to pay to go to a derm.Any opinions ?
    It's normal for the seb derm areas to get redder and flakier. Continue with the treatment without adding anything else to the routine. Cleanse with the honey, moisturize with the oil and apply the honey masks every other day.

Its gonna be tough to cut out the sugar and bread products.
    It is tough, I know, but that's how you stop the fungus that causes seb derm from multiplying in the gut. Eat fresh fruit instead of sweets, use raw honey as a sweetener. Eat oatmeal for breakfast, with nuts and dried fruits, instead of toast. Most of the wholewheat breads sold in supermarkets are just as bad as white bread, full of stuff we shouldn't eat. The more expensive artisanal wholewheat breads tend to have better ingredients. They won't taste that great at first but, if you have to eat bread, then try that.

Hopefully I start to see some results from the honey and coconut oil soon. If not I'm gonna be really bummed out.
    It'll get better. Be patient.
    Last edited by Auburn; 14th October 2010 at 04:34 PM.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Your skin looks almost identical to mine. We have similar features (pinkish lips, light facial hair, light eyes) and apparently similar skin woes as well. I've been struggling with my skin for about 5 years (I'm 39 now). It started with a small red spot on my left cheek and pretty radiply spread all over my face/cheeks. I've been at my wits end with trying to get this under control for quite awhile now, but what am I going to do?

I haven't tried the honey mask deal yet, because honestly it seems like it'd be a giant pain in the ass, but I'm sure I'll give it a shot eventually. The whole "being a guy and lounging around the house with honey all over my face" thing is not all that appealing though.

I just wish I could figure out what the Hell it is. Is it Seb Derm? Rosacea? Both?! I just want to know. I can't believe I haven't gotten this sorted out in over 5 years though

If you do try the honey route, please post up your progress, because like I said, we could be twins, lol...

Hi Red,

Please listen to yourself:

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post

I've been struggling with my skin for about 5 years (I'm 39 now) [...] I haven't tried the honey mask deal yet, because honestly it seems like it'd be a giant pain in the ass, but I'm sure I'll give it a shot eventually. The whole "being a guy and lounging around the house with honey all over my face" thing is not all that appealing though.
    Let's see... You've been struggling with this for 260 weeks but won't try this thing for 4 weeks? It is a pain in the ass, indeed, but it works and it's probably the best thing you can do for your skin right now.

Well, good luck to you anyway.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

I would highly recommend this to anyone. Im on my 10th treatment and Id say its about 75% better. Thank you auburn . Ill post pics in a few days.

Hi atthegates,

So glad to hear your skin is healing nicely. Please do post the photos, can't wait to see them.

Stay well.

I have the samething as yours, i do have a brown skin but its exaclty like that, Is yours kinda dry?

I am now using this products called Aim2health (Theracream and Face & Body Facial wash) ive been using it for 2 weeks, theres still a few flakes on my forehead, and some part of my face is still feel tight (dry) but the redness is gone. Will see wat happen after i finish the container.

Then i came accross this site called Curezone about "Cure and stuff" Im willing to try each everyone of them, starting from Colon Cleansing, Leaky Gut (i dont know if i have that but still ima go try it), then the Supplements (Biotin, Omega, zinc etc)