Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How can I fix my skin?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamD View Post

Also Auburn its been about two weeks since I started with the honey should I continue on the every other day honey mask until the seb derm is completely gone or do you suggest spreading them out more past the one month mark?
    As I've said countless times, follow the treatment to the letter.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Well I am close to coming to the one month mark for these honey masks and I think I finally got over the really bad red irritation on my cheeks. Although I have been putting a drop of coconut oil on my cheeks nose and chin area. Even though I am being very careful not to use a lot of oil my skin still looks slick and shiny I don't get it I am barely putting any in my hand and yet it feels like my skin is drenched.

So here are some pics for the progress report!

Hi William,

Well I am close to coming to the one month mark for these honey masks
    Almost three weeks. Your first mask was on Sep 29th.

and I think I finally got over the really bad red irritation on my cheeks.
    Yes. The seb derm has started to clear.

Although I have been putting a drop of coconut oil on my cheeks nose and chin area. Even though I am being very careful not to use a lot of oil my skin still looks slick and shiny I don't get it I am barely putting any in my hand and yet it feels like my skin is drenched.
    It does look too shiny, yes. OK, let's see. Are you keeping the oil in the fridge? If the oil is in liquid form, put it in the fridge, wait until it solidifies and then scrape two tiny pieces, each one the size of a grain of rice. Melt them between your hands and apply that to your face. As I always say, it should feel as if you hadn't applied enough oil. That amount should not make your face shiny.

So here are some pics for the progress report!
    Looking good!
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Well the good news is that the dry flaky skin is really starting to subside which I am extremely happy about but on the negative side it seems like my skin is getting much more oily than it has been for a while. I am assuming this is because instead of creating lots of scaly crusty flakes the oil is just sitting on my face like it used to. Although I would much prefer to have oily skin than the seb derm.

Although I am kind of confused about what parts of my skin have seb derm, which parts are just acne scars and which parts are rosacea?!? I have been looking into treatments to kind of freshen up and make my skin look more healthy because at the moment the pigmentation seems all over the place and it just has a rough texture to it!

If you see by my temple and between my cheek their is like a straight line of skin that is untouched by any redness or roughness, why? Is this just skin damage from years of using topicals and chemicals on my face and going out in the sun? I asked the dermatologist when I went last she said it was just rosacea but I don't know any more after she didn't even tell me I had seb derm?!?! Any advice would be fantastic and thanks for all the help Auburn!

Well the good news is that the dry flaky skin is really starting to subside which I am extremely happy about but on the negative side it seems like my skin is getting much more oily than it has been for a while. I am assuming this is because instead of creating lots of scaly crusty flakes the oil is just sitting on my face like it used to.
    Like it used to? Do you mean before you developed seb derm?

Keep cleansing with the honey, William, but discontinue the oil and see if that helps.

I have been looking into treatments to kind of freshen up and make my skin look more healthy because at the moment the pigmentation seems all over the place and it just has a rough texture to it!
    Let's see what happens after discontinuing the oil (but keep using it on your body, after showering).

If you see by my temple and between my cheek their is like a straight line of skin that is untouched by any redness or roughness, why?
    I see it. No idea, really. Do you have the same line on the other side?

BTW, have you always had those two red dots on the right side of your face?

One more thing, could you take a couple of photos in daylight, without flash if at all possible?
    Last edited by Auburn; 21st October 2010 at 05:06 AM.

One of the red dots is a mole the other next to it is from a massive pimple that has not healed yet. And I also always had oily skin since I was about 15 years old but for the past year or so it seemed like the production has dropped immensely to the point I really did not have to use any cleansers on my face, the problem was it was also extremely dry or in my case the seb derm was making my face feel dry but perhaps it never was, just my skin was using the oil to keep the seb derm alive! And I have to be honest a month or two after I finished accutane treatments I went to tanning beds and outside in the sun a lot. Also their were times I would go out in the sun with benzoyl peroxide on my face without wearing any protection at all. This was back when I was 18 or 19 when I really did not know much of anything when it came to skin. But I am thinking that maybe the redness and blotchiness that is there is from going out in the sun with topicals on my face.

The reason I bring this up is my derm said I had mild rosacea but besides the redness I really do not get a lot of the symptoms of rosacea like flushes, P @ P, my ears sometimes get warm but that might just be due to wearing headphones a lot. I am also thinking their may be an allergy or yeast connection with my skin. I get watery eyes, bloodshot, got the blue welts under my eyes, my throat itches a lot, oral thrush and my nose runs a lot. But what I am getting at is perhaps my skin problems are related to an allergy or my problems have been compounded, a mild case of rosacea allergies AND seb derm, One passage about histamines in particular made me go hmmm

Histamine is produced by the immune system in response to tissue damage, causing the blood vessels to dilate, allowing other mediators of inflammation to enter the area. The red colouration on the surface of the skin is caused by the dilation of the capillaries. The itchiness is the result of histamine's effect on nerves in close proximity, functioning as a neurotransmitter. The swelling, or edema, is a consequence of protein-rich fluids leaking into nearby skin after the blood vessels relax and dilate. Histamine also increases bodily secretions, including mucus.

Now another symptom of allergies is eczema I did not get it anywhere on my skin other than my lips unless I am confusing the eczema for seb derm. For the past two weeks when I have woken up my lips have looked like this

Blistered and swollen... I am wondering along with the seb derm that the chronic redness is related to allergies...I am thinking about seeing an allergist as opposed to a naturopathy and get an intolerance test on my skin seeing how it seems most of my reactions come out on my skin. This has been a lot to take in but I figure better late than never!
    Last edited by WilliamD; 21st October 2010 at 05:46 AM.

I also always had oily skin since I was about 15 years old but for the past year or so it seemed like the production has dropped immensely to the point I really did not have to use any cleansers on my face
    OK, so why was your face so shiny in the first photo you posted in this thread?

my skin was using the oil to keep the seb derm alive!
    No, no, it doesn't work that way.

But I am thinking that maybe the redness and blotchiness that is there is from going out in the sun with topicals on my face.
    I doubt it, William. Look up "sun damage symptoms."

But what I am getting at is perhaps my skin problems are related to an allergy or my problems have been compounded, a mild case of rosacea allergies AND seb derm
    Maybe.

For the past two weeks when I have woken up my lips have looked like this
    Blistered and swollen
    I think it wouldn't hurt to have some blood work done, yes. If you have oral thrush, then that could be what's causing the inside of your lower lip to blister.

How are you doing today?

Well on that particular day the first photo I went to town and tried to clear off all the dead skin that had accumulated on my skin for weeks. Afterward my skin was feeling super dry and painful so I put on tons of moisturizer probably more than I should have!

Well I am currently wearing my honey mask but today my skin felt very warm for some reason. I told you I do not get flushes rather its accumulative I warm up over a period of a couple of hours, I do not know what you would call that but that's how things seem to go with me. I also added diary (milk,cheese) and gluten free products back into my diet for about a week for a while I was just strictly on vegetables and meat (Beef, chicken, turkey) and today my skin felt a lot warmer and also my seb derm seemed to act up, with more flakes...I am trying to pay more attention to what my body is telling me but I feel like their could be a couple of different problems going on or they are working together simultaneously!

This morning when I woke up I took some shots with the sunlight like you asked I look so much better in natural sunlight it takes away the redness <333

If you dont think those are scars from acne what do you think they could be? I mean I have had those for years now it goes down from my temples across my cheeks and to my nose...basically the only spots on my face that are spared is my jawline and upper right hand corner of my forehead =/

Well on that particular day the first photo I went to town and tried to clear off all the dead skin that had accumulated on my skin for weeks. Afterward my skin was feeling super dry and painful so I put on tons of moisturizer probably more than I should have!
    I see. Well, this is one of those cases where more is not better. The skin needs to breathe and when you apply too much moisturizer it just sits there, saturating the skin. Always apply as little as possible.

I told you I do not get flushes rather its accumulative I warm up over a period of a couple of hours, I do not know what you would call that but that's how things seem to go with me.
    If your face gets red during those two hours it feels warm, then that would be a flush.

I am trying to pay more attention to what my body is telling me
    That's a good thing but don't let it become an obsession. If you think your skin is reacting to the dairy, stop eating it for a week or so and then reintroduce it in very small quantities first and start incrementing from there, little by little. That might do the trick.

This morning when I woke up I took some shots with the sunlight like you asked I look so much better in natural sunlight it takes away the redness
    It does. The photo is a bit too bright, hard to see details but your skin looks in better shape today and not oily at all. Did you stop moisturizing with the oil?

If you dont think those are scars from acne what do you think they could be? I mean I have had those for years now it goes down from my temples across my cheeks and to my nose...basically the only spots on my face that are spared is my jawline and upper right hand corner of my forehead =/
    Is this what you are talking about?:

Yes exactly its like their is a film or layer over my 'normal' skin but the problem seems to be its like that all over my face some spots more red or marked than others sans my jawline and in some spots of my forehead...this is not seb derm is it? I have been trying to diagnose exactly what that is but I am not sure so its difficult to try and cure a problem when you are not really even sure what you are battling. Like I said the last dermatologist I went to and lord knows I have been to a lot says this is a mild case of rosacea...ughh I just want my normal healthy skin back oh I have not had it in over 10 years its depressing *sigh* thanks for your replies Auburn <3