Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seb Derm, Oleic Acid and Malassezia

Quote Originally Posted by coopx View Post
    one more thing, are you gonna continue to supplement yourself for your lifetime? Also are you taking up Probiotics supplements or just came from the Foods?

Are you still doing the Honey face wash? if not wat are you putting on you face to clean it up and if you are using any moisturizer?
    Yes, I will continue to supplement throughout my life AND continue to eat a healthy diet. Supplementation is good health insurance. It's not meant to compensate for an unhealthy diet. I take pre/probiotics and I also eat foods that contain them. I also stay away from sugar; so for sweetener, I use the same stuff I put on my face - raw honey - which also happens to be a prebiotic. And, yes, that's all I use on my face - pure raw honey. No moisturizer or anything. I just let my skin's own natural oils do their thing. It took a few days for them to get the hint that I wasn't going to put any moisturizer on my face anymore. So at first my skin was a little on the dry side, but it has balanced out now. (Make sure you're staying well hydrated on the inside - EFAs and pure water - and let your body take over in doing what it was meant to do. That will be your moisturizer.)

In response to your other post, make sure when your looking for a probiotic, that it's ALIVE! If not, it won't do your body one bit of good. Many are dead even as they sit on the shelf. Also, make sure you get something that will be able to withstand stomach acid so it can get through to your small intestine. Personally, I use Shaklee's Optiflora. They have a prebiotic powder and a probiotic little pearl that you take together.

Yes, B-Complex is very good for your skin. (And so is zinc, E, A, C ... ) Make sure it is in its Complex form and not divided into different B vitamins. If you do break them up, then it creates an imbalance in your body of the other B vitamins. Best to take it the way nature intended. I take Shaklee's B-Complex and I eat nutritional yeast + all the natural B that comes from the healthy raw food that I eat.

Hope that helps, and best of success to you!

One more thing:

As far as how you got your seb derm in the first place ... have you ever used anything to disrupt the natural flora on your face (like I did with the benzoyl peroxide)? Also, you don't necessarily have to be taking antibiotics to get them into your system. Antibiotics are fed to cattle to keep sickness under control. So that, among other nasty stuff like pesticides to keep the flies under control, are being fed to cattle, and then go into us. If you eat meat, try to get the best kind that you can. You can find it at a health food store. Getting our food as close to the way that God made it can only do us a world of good. Look up whole foods and you'll see what I'm talking about. For instance, if you're going to use beans, it's better to cook them yourself from the dry bean, rather than getting them out of a can. Also, I've done a lot of study on dairy products and find that it's best just to stay away from that all together. Cow milk was made for baby cows, not human beings. Also, if you cook with oil, use only coconut oil. It's the only kind of oil that doesn't do us harm when it's cooked. Olive oil and other good oils are meant to be put on food after the food is cooked - and it tastes delicious!

Okay, I could go on and on. I've done a lot of study on health over the years. It's a passion of mine and I am STILL learning. If you want your skin to be healthy, look into learning more about what your body needs on the inside and it will show on the outside.

Here's a site that may be of interest to you:

http://www.rawradianthealth.com/

Default Oil Pulling

Also, the new thing that I'm just now learning about is something called, "Oil Pulling." It's said to be able to cure just about anything ... even skin problems. Very interesting! Google it if you're interested.

Thanks for the info, i will try all of those and update my result.

Regarding the oil pulling, i heard a lot of good stuff about it, but ill try to supplement my self first and see how it goes. I also heard that taking Zinc should just be temporary like a month or 2, i forgot where i read about it though.

The only thing i put on my face before i got my SD is washing it with dove soap. But right now i just wash my face with luke warm water. I dont have the redness anymore but my face feels tight and dry, also some flaking on my forehead.

p.s i also read a lot of good stuff about primrose oil (supplement). Have you check that out?
    Last edited by coopx; 8th January 2011 at 11:40 AM.

As far as how long to take zinc ... first of all, make sure you're getting it in your food. That's the way nature intended. And then to augment that, take a *food supplement* rather than a vitamin. Personally, I take Shaklee Food Supplements. Yes, technically they can be called vitamins, but what Shaklee does is they use whole foods as the source, rather than synthetics, so it's like taking condensed food rather than a vitamin. Plus, you need to make sure that whatever you're taking, that it's bioavailable, meaning that it's breaking down inside your body. A lot of vitamins never break down because they're held together with coal tar. The result is that you're flushing good money down the toilet - literally! Shaklee's multivitamin, Vita-Lea, breaks down and is in the bloodstream within 17 minutes! Other kinds of vitamins take anywhere from hours to days - which means, that by that time, they're already on their way out! In my humble opinion, Shaklee really is the best out there. I've taken it since I was a kid and I've also had 5 wonderful homebirths, which produced 5 beautiful, very healthy children. I ate healthy and took Shaklee and never had any problems. Check it out if you're interested.

I've never used Dove soap, so I'm no expert, but it seems to me that it wouldn't have done any damage to the healthy flora balance on your facial skin. So it sounds to me like the imbalance was created from within rather than anything you put on your face.

I used to just use warm water to wash my face too, but over time, I experienced the dry/flaky skin that you have also experienced. For me, I realized that I needed something to remove the dead skin buildup and raw honey has proven to be my thing. And once I stopped using any moisturizer on my face, it took a few days for my skin to get used to that and start producing the proper amount of my own oils. Now my skin is neither too dry nor too oily.

Yes, Evening Primrose Oil is great! It's in the Udo's Oil that I take. I recommend Udo's because it's got all the great EFAs that the body needs. Here's the list of ingredients:

organic flax seed oil
    organic sunflower seed oil
    organic sesame seed oil
    rice and oat germ oils
    organic coconut oil
    organic evening primrose oil
    lecithin (guaranteed GMO-free)
    vitamin E
    antioxidants (tocotrienols)
    rosemary oil.

I get Udo's Oil from my local health food store. Here's what I get:
    http://udoerasmus.com/products/oil_blend_en.htm

I've also used Shaklee's Omega Guard, which is fish oil in capsule form. Personally, I like to add the Udo's Oil to smoothies and such and it's easy to put that into my kids' drinks too.

As far as oil pulling goes, I've only given it a try for the past couple of days, so I can't say anything about it one way or another. As with pretty much everything on the Internet, I've seen both the pros and the cons, so I figure that the only way I'm going to know for sure is to try it on myself. So we'll see how it goes. Essentially, I just wanted to whiten my teeth with this method, because I can't use ANY tooth whitener (sensitive teeth) - but I had no idea about the other health claims until I researched it a little. So, if I get white teeth, great! If I experience further health benefits too, even better! Since it's just healthy oil that you're swishing around in your mouth, I highly doubt that it can hurt you in any way.

So much to learn. I am really fascinated by it all.

To be more clear about your question on how long to take zinc, what I meant to say above, is that if you make sure you're eating zinc-rich foods, then there's no timeline. Your body always needs zinc. And just to be sure you're getting enough zinc (or any vitamin or mineral for that matter), then use a high quality *food supplement* like Shaklee. Since it's just food, then there's no worry about how long to take anything. We need all of the vitamins and minerals throughout our lives to continue building healthy cells. If anyone is saying that you should only take zince for a couple of months, then they're not talking about a natural food source, but rather a synthetic one. But our bodies are not synthetic. They're natural and need natural substances to function properly. That's why I was talking about a whole foods diet in a previous post. The closer to the way God/nature made it, the better. All of the boxed, canned, and fast foods of our day may be convenient, but they cannot provide optimum health - and they can actually leave us with a health deficit.

By the way, the more raw food (fruits/veggies) you can eat, the better. Healthy live enzymes are destroyed by cooking. A great way to make sure you're getting a good amount, is to get a juicer. Stuff that I would never sit down to eat, I can just throw in my juicer and drink. Now THAT'S the way fast food should be done! I can add an apple to just about anything and it all tastes delicious - even beet greens!

This is the juicer I have and I love it!
    http://www.simply-natural.biz/Omega-...ion-Center.php

If you want to make sure you're getting enough zinc (or any vitamin for that matter) juicing a variety of fruits and veggies will get you on the right track. Great veggie sources for zinc include: broccoli, spinach, asparagus ... just to name a few. There are other sources too, but you can just Google that for a full list. Just remember to get the very best food you can - as close to the way God/nature made it ... not the boxed stuff that can be thrown into the microwave.

I am new to this forum, so please bear with me here. Dee, how does one know if they have a high oleic acid content in their sedum? I am interested in the natural supplements instead of the medications that are much prescribed. I believe I have the early stages of rhinophyma and would like to get ahold of this problem before it gets worse. I've never really suffered with rosacea, I do blush very easily though. Any information that you guys have, I would really appreciate it.
    thanks,
    nina

Hey anonymous, wat do you think of this Raw honey http://products.mercola.com/honey/ or do you have any recommendation? i cant find any raw, unheated, pure honey on my local markets.