Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Seb Derm, Oleic Acid and Malassezia

Hows the SD so far anonymous? did it came back/ flare up or your still clear? and for how many day/months now if it does?

Still goin' great! It's been close to a month now. However, I do have a little hormonal acne right now, which is why I used the benzoyl peroxide in the first place. Won't make that mistake again! It's interesting, though, how my perspective has changed. After having gone through the seb derm, I'm actually okay with a little hormonal breakout. I'd love to have absolutely clear skin, but given the choice between seb derm and hormonal acne, give me hormonal acne any day. At least I know that will clear up eventually. Now I'm working on balancing my hormones, which has been a life-long problem for me (well, at least since puberty). I'm taking Maca to help regulate my hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Still goin' great! It's been close to a month now. However, I do have a little hormonal acne right now, which is why I used the benzoyl peroxide in the first place. Won't make that mistake again! It's interesting, though, how my perspective has changed. After having gone through the seb derm, I'm actually okay with a little hormonal breakout. I'd love to have absolutely clear skin, but given the choice between seb derm and hormonal acne, give me hormonal acne any day. At least I know that will clear up eventually. Now I'm working on balancing my hormones, which has been a life-long problem for me (well, at least since puberty). I'm taking Maca to help regulate my hormones.
    Glad to hear that. Im just waiting for my orders in Mail.

Anyway i came across this site while doing some research:
    http://www.drnatura.com/colonix_program.php

The thing i gather after months of research to treat SD, most people have succes on Colon Cleansing or Adding Supplements to their diet or vice versa.

Absolutely! If you're all plugged up, it doesn't matter how many nutrients you pour into your body ... they simply won't be absorbed. As Mark Twain put it, "To eat is human. To digest, divine."

Lots of fresh water and a good fiberous diet keep the house clean, so-to-speak. All of those colon cleanses are great and all, but for a lifetime of health, building healthy eating habits is key. It's not about fads and stuff like that. It's about just getting used to eating healthy and then you don't really have to think about it. It just becomes a good habit. Just the way you live your life. For instance, when it comes to whole wheat vs. white bread, I don't even think about it. Same goes for brown rice vs. white rice, and the list goes on. Also, I read labels very carefully. The whole wheat bread that I buy has only a few ingredients: whole wheat, water, yeast, honey, salt. There are some whole wheat breads out there that are loaded with other unnecessary junk. If I see a whole list of ingredients, I put it back and walk away. It's just a matter of keeping it simple and healthy and then it isn't hard at all.

Default code for honey please

I am very seriously thinking of trying the honey treatment. I too can't use the coconut oil, but will try just the honey. I went to the honey site you use but didn't know which jar to get would you tell me the code number for the honey you use. Also since you don't use the coconut oil do you just literally put some honey on your face then rinse it off and do you do this a couple of times a day? Did you ever use it in your hair if not what do you use for your hair? I hope you are still having good luck with the honey method. Thank you for any help you could give me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

Also, when I'm out and about with my younglings, I like to have something to keep their hands (and mine) clean from the the bad stuff, but not the good. So I carry a little tiny spray bottle filled with half vinegar, half water and a few drops of lavender oil (to make it smell a little better). Instead of all those hand sanitizers on the market that kill EVERYTHING, this is much better.
    I was looking for a soulution to this problem....Thanks for the idea.

Default Hello Anonymous - are you still out there? or anyone - have some honey questions

I have a few questions about the honey method I posted on #55 can someone help me please? Thank you