Thread: Shaving

Default Shaving

What type of razor are people using and what is the best shaving cream,foam or oil and what do people think is the best moisturiser to use after shaving.

I have just ordered some hopes relief cream would this be a good aftershave balm.

In February I switched from shaving with a Mach 3 razor and fragrance free Aveeno shaving cream to using an electric razor. I prefer shaving with a blade in the shower for the convenience but found I was getting a lot of ingrown hairs and irritation on my jaw line. Since using and electric razor, I have had fewer problems, though I still get irritation sometimes. I also wanted to put fewer chemicals on my face so avoiding shaving cream and aftershave accomplishes that. For an aftershave I just splash cold water on my face and then moisturize. I used to use witch hazel and miss it.

I think some people have found better luck using a single blade razor rather than one of with 3 or 4 or 5 blades, but those are harder to find now, at least in the US. Some people find using a little jojoba or olive oil mixed with your shaving cream or soap provides a nice barrier while shaving.

Good luck and let me know if you find success with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by shrimpy View Post
    I think some people have found better luck using a single blade razor rather than one of with 3 or 4 or 5 blades, but those are harder to find now, at least in the US. Some people find using a little jojoba or olive oil mixed with your shaving cream or soap provides a nice barrier while shaving.
    I must say, I always found multiple blades less irritating..but whatever you use, probably wise to replace blades sooner rather than later.

The daily shave, however deftly done, is still something of an assault on the skin...if you can, become a vagrant/ English teacher/ gravedigger to avoid it..

Thankfully i only need to shave about once every 3 days as im not real hairy.

When i do shave though i use gilette fusion with 5 blades and gilette shaving gel.

you dont have to press down hard and it just glides over.

Tried an electric razor once but even for me with medium thickness facial hair i found the thing bloody annoying, had to go over everywhere about 5 times and still had patches of hair all over my chin

Quote Originally Posted by GJ View Post
    The daily shave, however deftly done, is still something of an assault on the skin...if you can, become a vagrant/ English teacher/ gravedigger to avoid it..
    You are a crack-up, Sir.
    Types I, II, IV - mild to moderate, depending ...