Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benzyl Benzoate

Default Benzyl Benzoate

Continued from here.

I tried taking Ivermectin to try treating for Demodex mites. I couldn't get a consistent subscription to the oral tablet, and the topical made me REALLY itchy, I think I was allergic. $120 down the drain ><

So now I've tried using Benzyl Benzoate. I just bought it from the pharmacy, its a lotion so no mixing. Mine is 25%.

Stings for 5-10 mins after putting it on, and then I'm fine. I shower, let my skin cool (as long as you can, depends when you shower/want to go to bed), then put the Benzyl Benzoate on. Sleep with a towel cloth on my bed and wash it off in the morning. Sometimes I'll use a Permethrin 5% cream in the morning, but it depends how sensitive my skin feels.
    It also seems safe for hair use, as it's used in various shampoos/conditioners apparently. I'm just using it along my hairline for now.. I'm not sure I can put the lotion in my whole head of hair, then sleep with that.

Anyway, been going on with this for only 4 days now but I've already noticed a difference. The redness has gone down a 'bit' but not much, the most significant difference is in the bumpiness.. my chin almost feels smooth, and my forehead has gone down significantly. I'll keep updating this to let you guys know how it goes.
    Last edited by morgoe; 28th August 2010 at 08:19 AM.

I will be following your progress with interest. Good luck!

Update

It's been almost two weeks now, and there's been a pretty significant improvement, and its still improving. I'm hoping within another couple of weeks I'll be completely clear. I'll take another photo and update my other thread when I shave (I'm only shaving every two weeks, so I don't aggravate my skin too much, and the slight facial hair masks the redness a bit).

HOWEVER

This is only clearing up my pustules. It's done nothing for my rosy cheeks, and if anything my blushing has become a lot worse in the last few weeks. Whether that's related or not, I don't know. The blushing is the most debilitating part of the whole skin issue, IMO, the rest I can forget about if I'm not looking in a mirror, or not in pain.

Quick update

Things seem to still be improving. I took photos last week after shaving, but I changed some settings on the camera for a sharper picture and the lighting was different, so it doesn't show much.

I seem to still be improving. My forehead is almost feeling smooth at this point.. it's kind of a weird feeling, I can't remember the last time it was like this. There are still a few bumps, and a few new ones, but its getting less and less, and they're getting less bumpy/red as well. My chin is looking better too, I don't really get whiteheads any more, but it's still quite bumpy and a lot of breakouts.

I'm now using Benzyl Benzoate twice a day, when I go to bed (keep it on all night), and then wash my face in the morning and reapply an hour or so later and leave it on for the day. It sometimes stings a bit, and sometimes I feel like I'm totally red and inflamed and I look terrible, and I'll visit the bathroom and actually be pleasantly surprised. It's definitely done a ton for my confidence.. I've been kinda depressed the month or two preceding this, but I'm now feeling much more positive.

I also haven't blushed this past week at all, although sometimes I get a little 'heated'. My face goes totally red when I'm in the gym lifting weights, but it's not painful or anything, and I really don't give a f*ck what I look like in the gym. My skin got worse since I started weightlifting frequently, but honestly, the mental, physical and emotional benefits of it, and having something I can consistently rely on to produce awesome results if I dedicate myself, far outweight possibly getting somewhat clearer skin. I feel if I just give up everything to try and clear up my skin I'll be in a much worse place.

This was meant to be a quick update, oops.

Thumbs up Benzyl Benzoate 25%

Quote Originally Posted by morgoe View Post
    It sometimes stings a bit, and sometimes I feel like I'm totally red and inflamed and I look terrible, and I'll visit the bathroom and actually be pleasantly surprised.
    BB 25% is famous for it's burning sensation. I think it reacts with the moisture in the skin. As you mentioned, morgoe, it is just a sensation of burning, it doesn't actually burn. In the old days to treat scabies, a nurse used to paint the BB onto the patient from head-to-foot. In India, they dip people into tubs of BB as a cost effective way of mass treating lots of people. The burn from that must have been special

I have used it a lot. I find it very effective at clearing the skin and fast acting too. The ivermectin and BB are the only two products I keep around.

BB doesn't get much attention in studies because it is not available in the US. The only study I know of that tested BB was the one in Belgium copied here. It is also a part of the brutal treatment regimen used by Dr Syrokomskyy in the Ukraine.

Thanks for the updates morgoe.

Hopes for continued success!

I have also been using Benzyl Benzoate 20%, and it seem to kill what ever mites, yeast or what not on the skin. But in my case it also made my skin more oily. Probably because the skin react to an irritant trying to penetrate. Raw honey is more gentle in this way, but less effective, I would say.

Regards
    Snegovik

Shaved and took another photo again. No improvement from 2 weeks ago. ><

I'll continue with this til I see a Derm (10 days). Might also look into food intolerance tests and vitamin D supps.
    Last edited by morgoe; 18th September 2010 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morgoe View Post
    Continued from here.

I tried taking Ivermectin to try treating for Demodex mites. I couldn't get a consistent subscription to the oral tablet, and the topical made me REALLY itchy, I think I was allergic. $120 down the drain ><

So now I've tried using Benzyl Benzoate. I just bought it from the pharmacy, its a lotion so no mixing. Mine is 25%.

Stings for 5-10 mins after putting it on, and then I'm fine. I shower, let my skin cool (as long as you can, depends when you shower/want to go to bed), then put the Benzyl Benzoate on. Sleep with a towel cloth on my bed and wash it off in the morning. Sometimes I'll use a Permethrin 5% cream in the morning, but it depends how sensitive my skin feels.
    It also seems safe for hair use, as it's used in various shampoos/conditioners apparently. I'm just using it along my hairline for now.. I'm not sure I can put the lotion in my whole head of hair, then sleep with that.

Anyway, been going on with this for only 4 days now but I've already noticed a difference. The redness has gone down a 'bit' but not much, the most significant difference is in the bumpiness.. my chin almost feels smooth, and my forehead has gone down significantly. I'll keep updating this to let you guys know how it goes.
    Try as a supplement to the BB if you can find it I never saw it in the US but I know the UK sells Tetmosol soap http://www.topix.com/forum/health/sc...TSQ10AQHT3CEFH

Default Where to buy 20% Benzyl Benzoate in the U.S.

Hello,

I'm doing the Syrokomskyy treatment and need to know where I can buy 20% B.B. in the U.S. because I'm going to eventually run out. This stuff seems to be hard to find.

Thanks!