Thread: Beta Carotene...

Default Beta Carotene...

I have been reading how Beta Carotene which converts to Vitamin A has helped people with Rosacea. And its much safer than Accutane, etc.... Supposedly!

Has/Does anyone use(d) Beta Carotene and did it help your Rosacea symptoms??
    Doug

I also read (yes i read a lot now that I have Rosacea ) that Beta Carotene (from plants) is the safer form of Vit A to take as your body only converts what it needs to Vit A and stores the rest. PLUS, it doesnt effect Vit D as the retinols do.. Which is good.

So i am curious, IF Accutane is so beneficial to a lot of people I am wondering if eating a diet high in Beta Carotene would be beneficial as well. SO the top foods would be carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, spinach, brocolli, etc....

I feel a new daily smoothie in my future!!
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    I also read (yes i read a lot now that I have Rosacea ) that Beta Carotene (from plants) is the safer form of Vit A to take as your body only converts what it needs to Vit A and stores the rest. PLUS, it doesnt effect Vit D as the retinols do.. Which is good.

So i am curious, IF Accutane is so beneficial to a lot of people I am wondering if eating a diet high in Beta Carotene would be beneficial as well. SO the top foods would be carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, spinach, brocolli, etc....

I feel a new daily smoothie in my future!!
    I have 1319 for beta-carotene in my blood test. Normal range is 75-500 (ng/ml).
    I eat a lot of vegetables.
    I still have rosacea

Hi MasK... how long has your Beta Carotene levels been at this number? Ive read carrot juice is the best way to get beta carotene. I started drinking 2 glasses per day. If it does nothing for my Rosacea it will help my overall health.

It benefits your immune system, reduces inflammation, cleans your liver, reduces ligh sensitivity, etc.....

So I figure the healthier i am the better!!
    Doug

Also, MasK.. I wonder if higher levels of Beta Carotene are needed like Vit D??
    Doug

I'm at this level for more than one year, because I eat plenty of vegetables.
    My doc said it's nothing to worry about. Beta carotene is a powerful antioxydant, and there is no toxic levels. It just tan your skin a bit.
    My skin is more "orange" than before, but this is barely noticeable.
    I do think that eating plenty of vegetables and getting sufficient amounts of anti inflammatory fats (EPA/DHA), along with avoiding inflammatory fats (Arachidonic acid, and too much omega6-rich vegetable oils) is a key to reduce the overall inflammation, thus to calm the skin.
    If I eat too much red meat or dairy, I get some pimples on the temples.
    Eat fatty fishs, white meat and plenty of vegetables, along with olive oil, flax oil, fibers like oat or rice brans, fermented foods and very low carbs, and you will see quick results, in my opinion. Also drink plenty of water!

Default Beta carotene triggers my rosacea

Thought I would add my experience. Anything with much beta carotene triggers an outbreak of rosacea for me. I have experimented many times, and it is consistent. In fact the only way I can keep it dried in is studiously avoiding all fruits and veggies high in carotene.
    Has anyone else had this experience?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    Hi MasK... how long has your Beta Carotene levels been at this number? Ive read carrot juice is the best way to get beta carotene. I started drinking 2 glasses per day. If it does nothing for my Rosacea it will help my overall health.

It benefits your immune system, reduces inflammation, cleans your liver, reduces ligh sensitivity, etc.....

So I figure the healthier i am the better!!
    Beta caroten generally is healthy in form of example carrot juice but it makes liver or kidney (don't remember) overloaded and is not good for it if taken too much. If your skin\eyes are more yellow\orange you just overloaded of carrot juice and made your liver\kidney hard work.