Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: computer screen flushing

I suspect my computer monitor and the fluorescent lights at work aren't helping things for me. I have noticed my eczema flares on my forehead more during the week than on the weekends when I'm at home. I also get itchier at work in general. I have had the fluorescents in my office removed and am using a softer light now for a month. A couple days ago I turned my computer monitor way down in terms of brightness and contrast. I'll update in a few weeks if I see any improvements in my skin.

I know this an old thread but im new and just cant believe the whole florescent ligbht sensitivity. School shopping the drs office anywhere with FL light makes me nuts had no idea it was a real thing that others suffer with as well. Wow I feel less crazy and validated for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by atomb View Post
    I know this an old thread but im new and just cant believe the whole florescent ligbht sensitivity. School shopping the drs office anywhere with FL light makes me nuts had no idea it was a real thing that others suffer with as well. Wow I feel less crazy and validated for the first time.
    atomb - you are not crazy! Now if we can figure out how to make it go away!
    Doug

I just got back from Target and was dying in their store with their FL lights and all i could think about was this thread.

Default Help

I've noticed that my face has been red a lot and started browsing the web and I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I probably have Rosacea. I did a search regarding computer screens and found this forum.. I didn't really have symptons until I transfered within my company to an office setting type job.. I sit in front of 2-20" Flat screens approximately 5-6 hours a day. Do you guys think this could be causing it? I feel a slight warm sensation to my face when I'm in front of these things.. I'm very new to all this and would like some help and maybe some recommendations? Thanks in advance.. Also, is there any over the counter lotions, etc that I can start using?

Hello!

I am new to the board. I'd have a profile pic up but I guess I have to wait a bit for permission to do that!

Anyway, this is the post that got me here. I'm not sure I buy in to those lights making the issue worse or not. For me, I know how much worse my condition looks under those lights. I think it makes me very self-aware which causes stress and triggers an elevated symptom.

I wish I could work off natural light or at least a desk lamp but instead have an office that feels like a hospital. I hate it and always feel like things are worst during those hours even though thats when my diet/temperature are the best all day.

A few weeks ago I started flushing more at work. I couldn't figure it out since the temperature has pretty consistently stayed between 70 and 73 degrees, which is not too warm. Finally I remembered I had to unplug my computer and monitor over the Christmas break and thought to check my monitor's settings. Sure enough the brightness and contrast had all been reset to the highest levels. I lowered them and I haven't been flushing at work the last week.

In addition to the screen, two other things are at often at work, colluding to make your life a misery, when you're sat in front of the screen;

- inactivity for prolonged periods seems to lead to pooling of the blood (in the face). An odd phenomenon but many have observed it.

- intense thinking and concentration cause many to flush

So turn the brightness down, break up the sitting with some physical movement and try not to think overmuch (cos I doubt they are rewarding you for it).

Quote Originally Posted by shrimpy View Post
    A few weeks ago I started flushing more at work. I couldn't figure it out since the temperature has pretty consistently stayed between 70 and 73 degrees, which is not too warm. Finally I remembered I had to unplug my computer and monitor over the Christmas break and thought to check my monitor's settings. Sure enough the brightness and contrast had all been reset to the highest levels. I lowered them and I haven't been flushing at work the last week.
    Shrimpy you still having success with the dimmed monitor?

I just spend the last 4 hours in front of my laptop monitor and flushed... At first I attributed it to the heat of the coffee shop I was in.. .as I always flush here... Then I realized that it was actually quite cool in here, and not hot at all! So maybe its my monitor... I turned the dimness wayyy down... Ill update if i have any marked improvement

Default Anyone had success solving this?

Hi, I realize that this is an old thread. I'm having such a hard time with sensitivity to computer screens and my smartphone. Also overhead lights, such as recessed bulbs.

I. Have a 2010 MacBOok, so it's not an old computer. Not being able to use a computer is terrible for my ability to work.

I'm typing this on my smartphone. Just a short while ago, the phone screen turned my face bright red!

I tell drs about it, but they just stare at me.

I am on Doxy and have had the prob since before the Doxy and other similar antibiotics. I can take a walk in the sun and am fine.

But the screen is the worst. I have a screen filter on both my phone and laptop. But doesn't help.

Anyone been able to fix their problem with lights and computers since you last posted?