Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: More news about Brimonidine

Hi Alba,

Sometimes I wonder if ear flushing isn't different somehow from facial flushing.

It certainly comes on faster and is harder to control for me. I was afraid that the Brimonidine would have a different effect on the ears than on the facial skin.

Do you flush on your face? Are you going to try the Brimonidine on your face, diluted with cream?

Also, why do your hands hurt? Do they get hot and flare like your ears? If they do, and if you also have foot involvement, you may have Erythromelagia (pronounced er-ry-thro-my-al-gia), which from what I understand is like rosacea of the face, hands, and feet.

Here is some more information about that --

http://www.erythromelalgia.org/WhatisEM.aspx

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/EM/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...tBurningFaces/

Hope this helps....

Default WrinkledClue

Hi WrinkledClue, I'm glad to see your new treatment is still working for you. Have you noticed any lessening of spider veins on your skin with the Brimonidine? I know you had recenlty had V-Beam so maybe those veins were already taken care of but if not, I'm really curious if the new med is helping. Thanks.

I just felt my right ear hot burning, then looked in mirror the half upper outer part of my right ear is totally purple. My ears dont usually flush inside my office since its cold in our building. Could this be rebound flushing but why jsut that part or could it be that i didnt apply as much on that part this morning? i thought i did and why flushing anyways so i think its rebound. JUST SUCKS!

I never got his while trying the sinex.
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Hi Shrimpy,

The Brimonidine is still surpassing my expectations, and much of the permanent redness seems to be slowly leaving.

Also the Brimonidine seems to be slowly shrinking my spider veins and fixed telangectasias, yes.

Good stuff, this new drug!

-WC

WC,

Now that you are applying the drops daily on your face does your derm say it is still okay to get the vbream? have you had the vbeam performed after doing the drops daily?

did you see your flushing improvement as soon as the 1st time u applied or does it take time, days for the flushing to diminish at the begining of applying the drops.
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Hello Alba,

My dermatologist says it's fine to get V Beam while using Brimonidine.

He asks me to avoid it for a day or two before my next treatment, so that the laser can 'see' the blood vessels.

My last V Beam was in July. After that one, I started using the drops daily. My next V Beam is in September.

I saw a large reduction in flushing from the first application. Brimonidine is wonderful for my daily baseline redness, and also wonderful at tamping down my usual afternoon/early evening flush.

Hope this helps. I highly recommend Brimonidine!
    • 58 yr old woman
    • Rosacea at 48, debilitating at 52
    • Clonidine 100mgc ev. 8 hrs;
    • Remeron 15mg nightly;
    • Zebeta=Bisoprolol=Beta blocker 5mg nightly;
    • Brimonidine worked well initially, then MASSIVE rebound flushing and damage;
    • Countless IPL with Lumenis One;
    • Now purpuric V Beam with Candela Perfecta; more clearance, less downtime than IPL;
    • Botox (with mesotherapy needles), good not great results;
    • Monthly Kenalog injection to blunt debilitating flushing.

Why is this thread not getting a lot of attention? I wish more were trying this to get more opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by WrinkledClue View Post
    Hi Shrimpy,

The Brimonidine is still surpassing my expectations, and much of the permanent redness seems to be slowly leaving.

Also the Brimonidine seems to be slowly shrinking my spider veins and fixed telangectasias, yes.

Good stuff, this new drug!

-WC
    Wow, this is really great news. Maybe once I get everything under control with my skin (atopic dermatitis rash) I should try this instead of IPL to get rid of a little redness and the veins on my nose and even out skin tone. I'm really excited for you and curious to see how effective it is long term.

Default Pilocarpine

I mentioned earlier, I don't have this particular eye prescription, but I have Pilocarpine which is for the same glaucoma diagnosis. So I decided to try it the same way as WC and it is working very well! I am not sure if it is working as well as the Brimonidine, but I can see a clear reduction in the redness for about a half a day. I reapply every afternoon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tp912 View Post
    Why is this thread not getting a lot of attention? I wish more were trying this to get more opinions.
    I am watching with interest and would probably give it a go if my symptoms were worse....