Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seb derm got worse with coconut oil

At first, when I quit putting anything on my skin after washing with raw honey, it was very dry. It took a while for my natural oils to regulate. Now my face is neither to dry nor too oily and the raw honey makes my skin really soft. I haven't really noticed that much difference with my pores. They definitely didn't get bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    At first, when I quit putting anything on my skin after washing with raw honey, it was very dry. It took a while for my natural oils to regulate. Now my face is neither to dry nor too oily and the raw honey makes my skin really soft. I haven't really noticed that much difference with my pores. They definitely didn't get bigger.

This is what I experienced as well.. they get very dry even with coconut oil (ultra thin layer) on it.. "I haven't really noticed that much difference with my pores" What did you experience with your pores? If you push with your finger over your sd location strongly do you have any tiny teeny rash or anything you can barely see with the naked eye after that?

No problems with my pores. I still get red because of rosacea, but the seb derm is under control. If I am rough with my skin (pushing hard on it) then, yes, it'll get red, but that's because of the rosacea. Nothing to do with my pores.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    No problems with my pores. I still get red because of rosacea, but the seb derm is under control. If I am rough with my skin (pushing hard on it) then, yes, it'll get red, but that's because of the rosacea. Nothing to do with my pores.
    thanks! How long are you using honey for now?
    and how long did it take you that the dryness went away..
    So you wash with honey to?
    Which honey do you use?
    many questions yes yes.. many thanks yes yes.. I found another post in the another thread.. maybe this explains better what I had in mind to tell you.. here is it below..from Jasota..

Quote Originally Posted by jasota View Post
    Hi Dan

These bumps they start off a lil pink and itchy and then they diminish into these tiny bumps that are visible under certain lighting..i do not have visible flaking but when i rub my fingers through those areas its like tiny bits of grains..or if my skin is wet it does look like skin collects in my nail..im sorry to be so graphic...
    you have to zoom in to the pics to get a clearer view..

once again thanks alot
    BTW did you use manuka honey?
    Hi Jasota,

I am wondering if you did fix those things you describe above.. those tiny bits of grains!!! I have them to please tell me what to do cause they cause larger pores after some time!!!!!!!

I've been using raw honey for a little over 2 months or so now.
    When I stopped using anything on my face afterwards to moisturize (i.e. coconut or jojoba oil), it was very dry at first. But then my natural oils started to regulate. It is a very cold winter where I live and the air is very dry, so I'm still struggling a bit. But I make sure to get my omega oils. I need to drink more water though. I think that will take care of the rest of it. I just get so busy that I either don't have time or I forget. I need to make it a priority.

I use any good quality raw honey. "Really Raw Honey" is a good one: http://www.reallyrawhoney.com/

Default Honey code please

Went to the Really Raw Honey site that was mentioned, but I am confused. Please let me know which one to order. I would like the small jar but don't know which code number to use. Please help me, I really am interested in trying the honey treatment but would like to start off with the right honey. Thanks in advance