Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ivermectin for Demodex.

Default Ivermectin for Demodex.

Has anyone tried Ivermectin in a cream that they have made up themselves?

I have been doing lots of reading about Ivomec and its use on Dermodectic Mange in dogs and scaley face in budgies and wondered if anyone has been game to try it themselves.

I have been waiting in vain for the trial of Ivermectin to recommence but it has almost been 2 years and I am ready to give up hope. Even for over a year after finishing the trial my skin was wonderful. My face has been a constant battle since Christmas. I have managed to keep it under reasonable control with Manuka honey and Tea Tree in coconut oil but it is so much work in comparison to the Ivermectin Cream that I used on the trial.

Another question has anyone elses papules ever become permanent like moles? I have a few that seemed to turn up like papules but then lost their inflammation but never went away.

rachzon, this thread may be of interest to you: http://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_...ad.php?t=20615
    if you search the site for demodex and/or mites, you'll find more.
    hope that helps!

dora

Thanks Dora,

I have read most or all that there is on the forum about Dermodex. Knowing that TOPICAL Ivermectin works and works well but not having access to it is very frustrating. I just really want to know if anyone with Papular/ Pustular Rosacea has done any experimenting of their own.

Default demodex & ivermectin

... i could swear someone in that thread i provided the link to talks about using topical ivermectin.

Yes it was me, and it was a trial drug.

Quote Originally Posted by rachzon View Post
    Another question has anyone elses papules ever become permanent like moles? I have a few that seemed to turn up like papules but then lost their inflammation but never went away.
    If these permanent papules feel like firm nodules under the skin, you may have developed sebaceous cysts. I used to get these on my cheekbones. Warm compresses for 15 min twice daily can help your body resorb them. Or a dermatologist can surgically remove them, but this will leave a small scar.

I had a sebaceous cyst some years ago (left cheek), and fortunately it does not left any scar, depsite the fact it was quite big. It was removed by a derm in about 10 minutes.
    The funny derm showed me what he was removing; gross!

I have been doing lots of reading about Ivomec and its use on Dermodectic Mange in dogs and scaley face in budgies and wondered if anyone has been game to try it themselves.
    Hi Rachzon, you have probably already read about my comments on it in the other threads. It is the best stuff out there for papules. I have used it for over 12 months on a frequent basis.

Go with the ivermectin 1% sterile liquid. Dab some on cotton wool and rub onto face. Lightly glaze the face with it. Let it air dry. After 2 hours a calm feeling will happen to the face. Two days later you will notice no new papules. Any existing papules will clear in their own sweet time as normal. After two weeks, still no new papules. By then you should maybe be clear of the old papules. Repeat every 3-4 weeks for as long as necessary.

If you don't use enough, it won't have the clearing effect and you will have to repeat again a few days later. If you use too much you may feel restless for a couple of hours or even notice a little muscle twitching.

It is the total amount absorbed into the skin that determines the effectiveness as it works systemically (like taking a tablet). As you become familiar with applying the liquid, you will discover the right amount. Plan on using it for at least 6-12 months to prevent any relapse.

Papules sometimes flatten into macules (looks like a flat brown lesion), which can persist for many months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wistar View Post
    Hi Rachzon, you have probably already read about my comments on it in the other threads. It is the best stuff out there for papules. I have used it for over 12 months on a frequent basis.
    thanks for chiming in, Wistar - you're the one whose posts i was talking about above.
    i knew someone had been using the stuff topically 8)
    i'm glad it's been so successful for you

Thanks for everyone's replies and information. Ivermectin is on order and I am looking forward to using it!