Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosacea and Low stomach acid?

Default Rosacea and Low stomach acid?

Hi all,

A number of studies point to rosacea as an overgrowth in SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth).

Other studies claim that rosacea is also linked with low stomach acid.

I have been reading about digesting and stomach acid. Having low stomach acid doesnt allow foods (mainly proteins) to be broken down sufficiently and results in intestinal putrefaction, which encourages SIBO growth.

Taking antibiotics in some cases helps resolves the symptoms, but the underlying cause appears to be the low stomach acid.

Supplementing with HCl and pepsin is indicated as solution, which will condition the stomach to produce sufficient stomach acid in the future (in order for the stomach to produce HCl, it needs B6, B5, and other nutrients. By not digesting the food properly, it may be lacking what it needs to produce the acid. Supplementing with Hcl thus allows for proper digesting and the circle is broken after a few weeks or months).

Moreover, leaky gut has also been correlated. Food allergies (brought about by having a permeable or leaky gut). But how does food allergies come about?

We know that the antibodies which are produced attack foreign proteins. Proteins being the key here. When eating and not digesting completely (remember, stomach dissolves mainly the proteins. Low HCl = incomplete protein digestion). These partially undigested proteins, which normally would not be present with sufficient HCl, then find themselves in our gut. Those that are small enough pass through and our bodies counter by producing antibodies, resulting in food allergies (IgG). This, again, is linked with low stomach acid.

How many of you have tried supplementing with HCl and pepsin??

For how long?

At what doses?

How many have done the leaky gut test? (mannitol and lactulose test)
    What were your results?

How many have done the Type III food allergy test? How many foods were found?

How many have done a bacterial flora test? (SIBO or dysbiossi resulting from low stomach acid)

How many have checked for parasites? (low stomach acid allows swallowed parasites to live and find themselves in gut).

I have done most of the above....lemme know if results are wanted (so we can compare).

Hammer
    Last edited by Hammer; 21st June 2010 at 02:26 AM.

Wanted to add that low stomach acid seems to be the ROOT CAUSE of the disease.

Leaky gut, food allergies, Bacterial overgrowth, skin condition....they all cascade down from low stomach acid.

Fix whats upstream, and what occurs downstream is no longer there.

I posted many times about that on the forum. You can do a quick search in my posts.

I took omeprazole during ten years (proton pump inhibitor), result : intestinal dysbiosis, leaky gut, IBS, skin problems, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia (according to my doc, leaky gut and gut inflammation, coupled with flora deficiency lead to many other problems, autoimmune, ...).
    Stool tests showed very low levels of gut flora, no parasites, and a pathogen bacterial overgrowth, with inflammation and mucus. Leaky gut test with mannitol and lactulose showed values just above the range, so positive.
    IgG tests showed a lot of positive results, but this only shows and increased intestinal permeability, allowing intact proteins to pass through the bloodstream, creating antibodies against them.

Betaine HCL is not a solution for low stomach acid. However, you may need to take some caps or raw apple cider vinegar with meals for the first weeks to start the process and help absorbing nutrients. But on the long term, it is better to avoid replacing the digestive juices by supplements (like pancreatic enzymes, ...).
    Bitters, zinc, Trimethylglycine and b vitamins are a better choice since they enhance gastric production and stimulation (by the bitter stimulation, through the vagus nerve).

I must add that I do not have GERD (reflux) anymore, without any antacid use. GERD results from low stomach acid, and not hyperacidity.

L-Glutamine, fermented foods (kefir, raw sauerkraut, yoghurt,...), pro and prebiotics, meat, fish and plenty of vegetables, no sugar and very low carbs => my diet.
    Omega 3's too (to heal the small intestine and fight inflammation).
    Last edited by MasK; 21st June 2010 at 12:02 PM.

Mask - how much omega 3 do you take daily? i take 1000 combined DHA-EPA Daily.
    Doug

Also, ive been thinking of getting a stool test/analysis. Are they expensive? What all can they test?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    Mask - how much omega 3 do you take daily? i take 1000 combined DHA-EPA Daily.
    I take 3 caps of 1000mg EPA/DHA per day, prescribed by my doc. I also add some flax oil with meals and eat fatty fishs.

Also, ive been thinking of getting a stool test/analysis. Are they expensive? What all can they test?
    I made CDSA + parasitology from Genova labs.
    It cost me about 250 euros (280 dollars?).
    They test the overall digestion of meat and vegetables fibers, and the pancreatic work too.
    Also absorption, metabolic markers (presence of short chain fatty acids, pH of the stools, immunology, mucus, blood,...), and microbiology (levels of beneficial bacterias, detection of pathogens and parasites, and mycology).
    They add a description and what each marker means + possible causes.

So I should up my dose of Omega 3 from 1000 combined to 3000 combined.
    Doug

So I should up my dose of Omega 3 from 1000 combined to 3000 combined.
    I take 3000 because I had a very low level showed by blood test.
    Maybe you should do some tests.

I have been reading a lot on low stomach acid and do feel this can contribute to a lot of our triggers, problems. Low stomach acid can lead to allergies, food intolerances, skin issues, etc etc etc... Fix your digestive system and the rest will follow!
    Doug

Apple Cider Vinegar for digestion and stomach acid issues!