Thread: New diagnosis, update... Is SD triggered like rosacea??

Default New diagnosis, update... Is SD triggered like rosacea??

AS promised I am updating my progress....

OK according to dermatologist # 4 , again I dont have rosacea, I explained my symptoms and he said it sounds more like an allergic reaction and when he examined my face he said it was more like eczema/seborrheic dermatitis and gave me some diflucan.
    I guess having SD is a bit easier to treat than rosacea??

I said i had swelling itching, no flushing, meibomitis of the eyes, (my face goes from swollen to perfect to swollen with bumps to perfect again.) He examined my scalp and found SD there along with telogen effluvium.

I am glad most derms say is not rosacea =) , but I still want to get rid of this thing, my eyes are killing me , what i dont get is if sd is triggered by enviromental things like rosacea ??(my triggers are shampoos, detergents, allergens.. etc)

I have allergist appointment tomorrow and IPL friday for the eyes, ill let you guys know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by koki View Post

OK according to dermatologist # 4 , again I dont have rosacea
    Well, that's great news.

I guess having SD is a bit easier to treat than rosacea??
    Yes, particularly if you've never used steroid creams on your face.

I am glad most derms say is not rosacea =) , but I still want to get rid of this thing
    Unfortunately, you won't get rid of it (until someone finds a cure) but seb derm can be successfully controlled. However, Diflucan, an antifungal (fluconazole), is not very effective against seb derm.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Default Thanks auburn

for responding! .. Mmm just so you guys know one thing the derm did say was that a lot of his patients did really good on a yeast free diet, and he mentioned something about the SD gene..
    Finally an open minded derm!
    I miss my contacts so much =(

You are welcome.

There are good and bad yeasts... Probiotics provide good ones, that will help with your condition. Reducing sugar intake to a minimum would be most helpful.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

I said i had swelling itching, no flushing, meibomitis of the eyes, (my face goes from swollen to perfect to swollen with bumps to perfect again.) He examined my scalp and found SD there along with telogen effluvium.
    Your entire face gets swollen?

Default nope

just the cheeks, maybe the nose a little, but it starts itching and is pale. It happens with pillows, covers and certain areas of my house.

Is seborrheic dermatitis triggered like this too??

Default also

does anyone have whiteheads sticking out of their nose, chin and forehead, i get these white things popping out of my nose.

does anyone have whiteheads sticking out of their nose, chin and forehead, i get these white things popping out of my nose.
    Are you sure they are whiteheads and not "plugs"? Type in "plugs" in the search box on top and you will find out exactly what I mean...look at the pics.