Thread: Need new eye drops suggestions!?

Default Need new eye drops suggestions!?

Hello everyone!

My eyes have been VERY dry for quite a long time now, clonodine and accutane really do not play nice on the eyes.

Anyway, I'm in need of recommendations for some new drops... presently I own, Systane Ulta in the individual preservative free vials, seems irritating, also the more I use the worse my eye feels, also produced a stye in my eye when used 1x per hour as suggested by my eye dr. I also own Booshe and Lomb(SP?) Soothe XP, these blur my vision, also do not help much and are irritating, plus not very comfortable dumping mineral oil into my eyes.

So- if anyone has any suggestions it would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!
    Last edited by bluesky; 16th June 2010 at 02:34 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    Hello everyone!

My eyes have been VERY dry for quite a long time now, clonodine and accutane really do not play nice on the eyes.

Anyway, I'm in need of recommendations for some new drops... presently I own, Systane Ulta in the individual preservative free vials, seems irritating, also the more I use the worse my eye feels, also produced a stye in my eye when used 1x per hour as suggested by my eye dr. I also own Booshe and Lomb(SP?) Soothe XP, these blur my vision, also do not help much and are irritating, plus not very comfortable dumping mineral oil into my eyes.

So- if anyone has any suggestions it would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!
    I use Thera Tears preservative free one's (they do a gel one now which is longer lasting).

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

I usually recommend any preservative free drops and Thera Tears has good reviews from users. Another drop that people with very dry eyes seem to love lately is BLINK. As with everything trial and error will prove what works best for you.
    Good luck!

Melissa

Thanks very much both of you for the suggestions! I guess my next line of action will be the theratears, and then I may try BLINK. After that I guess restasis?? Also, do either of you take omega 3s by any chance? I've been meaning to, hoping it may help the dryness but I'm worried about the effect on my flushing/face. BUT, Idk, my eyes are dry to the point to where I may have to just do that regardless of the effect they are just that dry!! Thanks again ladies!!

Default You're very welcome!

Hi Bluesky,
    I take fish oil to get omega 3's as I feel it really helps with quality of the tear film. I think it does make me more prone to paps though but I am not 100% positive on that. It is good if you eat foods that contain omega 3's as that is less likely to cause an issue I believe.

Restasis is good if you have chronic inflammation of your eye causing decreased tear production. It can take up to 6 months to see full effects so it is not a fast acting treatment.

Let is know how it goes and good luck!

Melissa

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    Thanks very much both of you for the suggestions! I guess my next line of action will be the theratears, and then I may try BLINK. After that I guess restasis?? Also, do either of you take omega 3s by any chance? I've been meaning to, hoping it may help the dryness but I'm worried about the effect on my flushing/face. BUT, Idk, my eyes are dry to the point to where I may have to just do that regardless of the effect they are just that dry!! Thanks again ladies!!
    Hello bluesky,

A resounding YES! I have taken omega 3 thera tears supplements for about 3 years now

and I know that they make a HUGE difference to my ocular rosacea.

These days my flushing is very calm too, so personally they do not make my general

rosacea symptoms any worse either.

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT