Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: How I am controlling my Seborrheic Dermatitis so far...

Thank you!

i used Lotirim Ultra quite successfully for a while but it seemed to stop working after a few weeks.

It seemed to calm the itchiness quite a lot.

Hope it works long term for you

Default lotrimin

i too have also used lotrimin with varied results . the first time i used it it kept me symptom free for a good 6-8 weeks i thought this was a cure but then the symptoms came back with full force over the next year without knowing about too many other treatment options i used it again but it would only work for a week or two max after giving it a month or more break ,interesting about following up with the desonide though.

I have been using Lotrimin Ultra for two weeks. I have rosacea and I just wanted to rule out possible fungal involvement. Unfortunately, there has been no change and I suppose that two weeks is just enough for an antifungal to work, isn't it? Or should I prolong the treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    I have been using Lotrimin Ultra for two weeks. I have rosacea and I just wanted to rule out possible fungal involvement. Unfortunately, there has been no change and I suppose that two weeks is just enough for an antifungal to work, isn't it? Or should I prolong the treatment?
    Lotrimin Ultra is very fast acting unlike azoles that work differently and take a longer time. You should've seen a positive change in just a few days if fungal involvement was involved.

Thank you, I thought so. It's time to move on then.

I just wanted to say after the past few years of trying everything and having no luck, spending thousands of dollars, and just becoming a different person in my own skin that this is the best my skin has felt in years.

I have been using lotromin ultra after reading this thread for 3-4 days now twice daily am and pm. my skin feels calm, clean, and is changing literally by the day. I need to do some more research to see what to do next but i have seen a wonderful change over the past few days. much less redness, pain from water hitting my face in the shower feeling like needles, and the tiny little white heads that are very topical i wake up with daily have stopped.

I have also used some topical Rosecia cream i got at cvs which only has i believe charcoal as the main active ingredient. i will look at the box when im home and post the name and ingredients.

Thank you to everyone who has posted up their feedback and what has and has not worked. Im done with going to drs who just throw an rx at me or spending thousands on lasers with next to no relief.

Now, i need to work on getting to the bottom of whats causing it. That i still have no clue on. However, it makes it alot easier to focus on researching when my face does not feel like fire and needles. I will post up as time goes and i dig more into the cause as well as how this works longer term for anyone interested in giving it a shot.

Finding this forum has been a blessing to me. Thank you all very much!

Default lotrimin

Is it possible to get lotrimin in Europe? Does one need a prescription?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by paretoparkin View Post
    Is it possible to get lotrimin in Europe? Does one need a prescription?
    It's not easy to obtain, i think it's only available in the US, and therefore ebay is the only place to get it.

Meanwhile i must report that my SD has returned to its pre-lotrimin state, looks like lotrimin is indeed a temporary fix in some cases

Default Avene Cicalfate

I have just read this story:
    https://sebdermhealing.com/success-s...ene-cicalfate/
    Is there anyone who has experience with Avene Cicalfate?