Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Nick and anyone else feeling hopeless; my before and after!

Default For Nick and anyone else feeling hopeless; my before and after!

Hey all... I know I've been a member here for quite a while now and have written many desperate and miserable messages last year about my struggle w/ my steroid triggered rosacea, also sebderm, perioral dermatitis, AND acne... and what can I say, life was truley a living nightmare!!

BUT thanks to this board and the help from all of you (I need to especially thank Yvette, Natalja, Mistica, and also WrinkledClue) I'm now taking remeron and also clonodine which has made such a huge difference for me flush wise, and has without doubt helped in keeping my face for the most part- calm and pale! Something that before I couldn't even dream of! And then also my low dose accutane course which has gotten rid of my seb derm/pd (still a little remains but nothing in comparison to before, 98% improvement, you can still see just a little spec of it above my top lip but barely) and my acne is a thing of the past, with the exception of a few micro pimples here and there if I eat bad!!

SO, I just thought I should at last bare the fruits of this combo. Also- I do want to mention I also use very gentle skin care, avoid triggers and the sun, and eat very healthy, no gluten, low carb, no dairy, no soy, and high protein/high fat!

I'm also glad I was able to get a before/after picture that shows my face in similar angles. The "then" picture isn't even full effect, it was way worse in person, the flash brightened it out. My "after" picture was taken about a week ago and is absolutely NO foundation etc. etc. the only makeup I'm wearing is eye makeup and a little lip gloss! Also srry... it isn't even the best "after" picture in showing my skin but I just decided it'd be best considering the angles are similar! Let me know if anyone wants to see any more "now" pictures that better show my skin, I hope you ll get the general idea atleast!

THANKS AGAIN AND ALL THE BEST!!
    Last edited by bluesky; 31st May 2010 at 09:36 PM.

Amazing is the only word I can really think to describe this! Just goes to show that there really is hope out there. I'd post a similar thread if only I had a before shot, but really, I think your transformation speaks enough on its own

wow!! your skin looks great and you look pretty, I didnt know that accutane helps control sed derm

thank you for sharing your pics with the community it shows that there is hope for all of us.

Bluesky, thank you so much for making this thread on my behalf, greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately, I can't view your pictures at the moment, as I'm at work viewing this Forum on my iPhone, and it isn't showing pictures for some reason.

But once I get home, I will definately be on my home PC straight away to view your pictures clearly

Once again, thank you! x x x

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Bluesky, thank you so much for making this thread on my behalf, greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately, I can't view your pictures at the moment, as I'm at work viewing this Forum on my iPhone, and it isn't showing pictures for some reason.

But once I get home, I will definately be on my home PC straight away to view your pictures clearly

Once again, thank you! x x x

Hey Nick check your messages

Amazing.
    And you are very pretty.

Default prescriptions, etc.

thank you for generously sharing your pics and story. did you have to go to numerous derms to find one who knew what to prescribe and/or agree to?

who put you on the road to recovery, per se? was it your own research/trial and error as well?

Simply incredible! I'm so happy to see that you have recovered bluesky! You definitely give everyone hope to find what works for them! Thank you for sharing and i must add, you are absolutely beautiful!
    Last edited by Mantis; 1st June 2010 at 01:07 AM.

WOW!!! Bluesky, you look amazing, great improvement! I'm gonna' try and post some pics up tomorrow, when I'm off work.

What a transformation. I am so glad things have improved for you