Thread: Rhinophyma without any Rosacea symptoms

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rhinophyma without any Rosacea symptoms

Hi All,

This is my first post here. I've only just recently discovered this form, but have found it extremely resourceful. So a big thank you to all those who contribute.

As the subject of this topic suggests, I suspect that I have the the beginning stages of Rhinophyma, without any prevailing classical symptoms of subtype I and II Rosacea. I am 21 years of age.

I've naturally always had a rounded nose tip, but of 'normal'/'average' size. However, over the past year or so, particularly the past couple of months, I have noticed two developments. Firstly, a general increase in the size and shape of my nose, particularly the tip. It appears to be thicker/wider with more of a 'roundish' appearance than previously. Secondly, and this has only started over the past 2/3 months, is the problem of swelling. Not of my nose a whole, but rather the left side of the bridge of my nose. I seem to a slight bump/raised area which swells up if, for example, I pinch my nose slightly. It also tends to swell up on its own sporadically throughout the day. It is at it smallest point when I wake up, but fluctuates throughout the day.

Now you may be asking, what has this got to do with Rosacea? Well, while I have none of the flushing, pps, redness, general facial swelling and so on, I do have a rather obvious amount of blackheads/clogged pores on my nose which are rather substantial, and I generally suffer from a very oily nose.

Is it possible that Rhinophyma can manifest itself without any other classical Rosacea symptoms being present (besides the blackheads and swelling of course)?

My sincere thanks to all of you in advance.

H.W.Hamilton in a state of worry
    Last edited by H.W.Hamilton; 20th May 2010 at 12:30 AM.