Thread: understanding the right treatment

Default understanding the right treatment

I was diagnosed with rosacea 10 years ago. Had some antibiotic during 8 months to get rid of the "pimples" and swollen skin and it worked ; however the redness stayed ; I did lifestyle management but the redness got worth. Last year, desperate to get my face ' back", I decided to go for" lazer" treatment.
    I first had 4 Gemini laser IPL treatments. It was more or less painless ; the result was great but still some redness/veins apparent. The technicien told me it was perfect and that she could not do more.
    So I went somewhere else where I was recommended Cool Glade laser treatment and was told that Coolglide can get veins that IPL can't . I had my first ( and I hope only) treatment and It was bloody painful! I have now 2 blisters on my right cheek ; I am very nervous about them but the rest of the veins have already more or less disappear.
    Next , I am supposed to do another Cutera laser ( painless) that is supposed to take away diffused redness ( tiny vessels ).
    Am I heading the right way or not ?????? I am very confused with all those laser/IPL....

Quote Originally Posted by Rakinon View Post
    I was diagnosed with rosacea 10 years ago. Had some antibiotic during 8 months to get rid of the "pimples" and swollen skin and it worked ; however the redness stayed ; I did lifestyle management but the redness got worth. Last year, desperate to get my face ' back", I decided to go for" lazer" treatment.
    I first had 4 Gemini laser IPL treatments. It was more or less painless ; the result was great but still some redness/veins apparent. The technicien told me it was perfect and that she could not do more.
    So I went somewhere else where I was recommended Cool Glade laser treatment and was told that Coolglide can get veins that IPL can't . I had my first ( and I hope only) treatment and It was bloody painful! I have now 2 blisters on my right cheek ; I am very nervous about them but the rest of the veins have already more or less disappear.
    Next , I am supposed to do another Cutera laser ( painless) that is supposed to take away diffused redness ( tiny vessels ).
    Am I heading the right way or not ?????? I am very confused with all those laser/IPL....
    be careful,

laser after laser after laser can be dangerous,when using another(different from previous laser)get a couple of test patches done at the same energies as the treatment,

My advice would be to wait now for a few months to see how things settle down. It can take a good six weeks for the final results to show. In the meantime I would advise that you feed back the affects of the last laser session. Blisters are best avoided and so they need to know that for you the level was a little high.

Whilst you are waiting to heal you are best advised to read through the various sticky threads we have about lasers.

Best wishes

Sarah

Default blisters

Hopefully the blisters should heal without scars if they were not already broken by the treatment itself. Try not to touch them at all.Also helps to put bacitracin ointment on them each day. Best of luck
    Arlene

Thank you to all of you .
    I am absolutly shocked by the stories I have read on this forum about laser. I did not sleep last night and I keep on checking my skin every hour. I had no idea about those possible outcomes and I am horrified. I can only thank you all to raise my awareness; you might have " save my skin " from permanent damages.
    I thought I would only do one laser treatment every 10 years, but after the first treatment, my skin had improved so much I wanted another one! it is very tempting to have more and more as suddenly I have the face I had 20 years ago! I have retrieve my confidence and feel sexy with my husband which had not happened for years !
    However, I will now stop any further laser treatment for a good couple of years. I still have some redness but nothing compared to what I had previously. I can use now make up to hide the redness which was impossible before.
    Again, thank you for sharing your experiences, and my heart goes to the one of you who have to suffer the bad effect of those procedures.