Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Indentations from Lasers

Banshee, I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I just had a v-beam treatment and I am really scared to continue getting anymore lasers since I was damaged with indentions. A really good friend of mine is going thru what you are going thru right now. She has even had some kind of treatment done to try to help it but she is now looking into fat transplant. If you ever want to talk on the phone about it, just let me know.

Thank you fulloflove....and I'm sad you were damaged too.

Personally, I will never allow another laser to touch my face. This has completely changed how I view them and I had one too many.

Peter-I'm really scared right now to use RLT. I just don't know what will worsen the situation.

To answer philka's question, aside from my having so many treatments which led to a fundamental breakdown, I think it caused a lot of DNA damage.

This winter when I had the treatment, I had barely seen the sun, was getting white hairs, and was pretty depressed. I also was diagnosed with Vit D deficiency as was another person who suffered severe damage.

That said, I'm sure not everyone who has been damaged are Vit D deficient...there's a lot of factors. However, D is critical for DNA repair. So while I'm not advocating taking mega doses, I think high vitamin Cod Liver Oil with natural D is essential for anyone undergoing laser/IPL to properly heal.

And-watch your face closely for any subtle changes in texture or indentations several weeks to months after the treatment.
    Last edited by banshee; 3rd May 2010 at 09:23 AM.
    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
    RLT (DPL)
    Modified OCM using; microfiber cloth, jojoba/safflower oil, & cool water
    Everyday Minerals
    Bare Minerals Primetime
    Linda Sy Oatmeal & Goodskin All Calm Cleanser
    Replenix Green Tea Serum
    homemade moisturizer w/dimethicone
    Ester C, NSI brand SOD
    Thera Tears supplement & PF gel drops

"Mornie utķliŽ (darkness has come)..Believe and you will find your way.
    Mornie alantiŽ (darkness has fallen)..A promise lives within you now."

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Thank you fulloflove....and I'm sad you were damaged too.

Personally, I will never allow another laser to touch my face. This has completely changed how I view them and I had one too many.

Peter-I'm really scared right now to use RLT. I just don't know what will worsen the situation.

To answer philka's question, aside from my having so many treatments which led to a fundamental breakdown, I think it caused a lot of DNA damage.

This winter when I had the treatment, I had barely seen the sun, was getting white hairs, and was pretty depressed. I also was diagnosed with Vit D deficiency as was another person who suffered severe damage.

That said, I'm sure not everyone who has been damaged are Vit D deficient...there's a lot of factors. However, D is critical for DNA repair. So while I'm not advocating taking mega doses, I think high vitamin Cod Liver Oil with natural D is essential for anyone undergoing laser/IPL to properly heal.

And-watch your face closely for any subtle changes in texture or indentations several weeks to months after the treatment.
    Hello Kristen,

I look forward to hearing Peter's response re RLT at this time for you.

Also Vitamin D; I rarely get any exposure to the sun, what supplements would you
    recommend?

I am certainly not looking to take 'mega doses' just to give my body a helping hand!

Hopefully, in the weeks/months that follow we will see you post an improvement in your
    skins condition.

Judyx
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Kristen,
    I spoke to my friend last night that has also had fatloss. She said she would really like to talk to you and that you can call her. Her last laser was almost 2 years ago. There is also a group for people that have been damaged. I tried to send you a message but it wouldnt let me do it. She said that you should be taking alpha lipoic acid for nerve damage. She has also gone thru a bone marrow stem cell treatment.

Before you try bone marrow treatment look into FAT GRAFTING instead. The fat will replace the fat that you have lost AND it is full of adult stem cells that will heal the overall quality of your skin. Skin cells are best for skin anyway. You're right. There is DNA damage. Be careful regarding FG doctors. Only some are highly qualified. Always research your doctors very carefully.

We are a group of laser and IPL damage victims who are reaching out to inform and help others. We want this to stop! We won't rest until everyone is made aware of this damage.

Please help us by viewing this video and sharing it with everyone you know. You will find a link to the IPL and Laser Damage Support Board at the end of the video. Members of this forum have been researching this topic for a long time and some of our members have been healed by fat grafting. Take heart! There is hope.

Dear Kristen,
    I feel deeply moved by what you had posted here almost a decade ago.
    May I ask you how are you feeling right now? How have you been coping with the "Beast"? Have you managed to tame it finally?

Warm greetings,
    Lena