Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Indentations from Lasers

I do so appreciate your throughtful response Aklady

I'm sorry to hear you also have had side effects, while I'm glad things seemed to have a healed even just a bit. I have some hope the RLT might help and perhaps the same would be true for you.

I have an appointment with my laser doc next week. It was for another therapy, but I think I'll just speak with him. My instincts tell me not to go forth with any further treatments at least at this time.

Thank you again and best wishes-
    Kristen
    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
    RLT (DPL)
    Modified OCM using; microfiber cloth, jojoba/safflower oil, & cool water
    Everyday Minerals
    Bare Minerals Primetime
    Linda Sy Oatmeal & Goodskin All Calm Cleanser
    Replenix Green Tea Serum
    homemade moisturizer w/dimethicone
    Ester C, NSI brand SOD
    Thera Tears supplement & PF gel drops

"Mornie utķliŽ (darkness has come)..Believe and you will find your way.
    Mornie alantiŽ (darkness has fallen)..A promise lives within you now."

Hi,

Well I have experienced pretty moderate fat loss from a single IPL, but mine covered all of my face. My forehead only has one small indent, and some orange peel in the top left corner that does not bother me at all, my cheeks took the most damage, with one cheek having an area that somewhat curves with around 40 tiny indents, and the other cheeks has a dimple and feels looser than the right side. I have no damage on my nose or around it, none around my lips, and only one small spot on my chin.

I had my IPL in Dec. 08 and the last noticeable damage was around 3 months ago. I can say I have fully accepted the damage and you will too, but I would never consider any type of laser again personally and sometimes worry about the areas looking worse as I age.

Stay positive, I'm sure it will only be minor if you haven't noticed much in three months, I noticed almost all within 2-6.

Smile

Kristen,

I know when I was using the BRITEBOX revive RLT every other day for 5 minutes, my face

was noticeably smoother.............my Partner actually commented on it!

I pray that the RLT works for you, I know that you have had good results in the past.

Keeping a diary helps me, then I know when/how long I have done the RLT treatment for!

Judyx
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by tp912 View Post
    Hi,

Well I have experienced pretty moderate fat loss from a single IPL, but mine covered all of my face. My forehead only has one small indent, and some orange peel in the top left corner that does not bother me at all, my cheeks took the most damage, with one cheek having an area that somewhat curves with around 40 tiny indents, and the other cheeks has a dimple and feels looser than the right side. I have no damage on my nose or around it, none around my lips, and only one small spot on my chin.

I had my IPL in Dec. 08 and the last noticeable damage was around 3 months ago. I can say I have fully accepted the damage and you will too, but I would never consider any type of laser again personally and sometimes worry about the areas looking worse as I age.

Stay positive, I'm sure it will only be minor if you haven't noticed much in three months, I noticed almost all within 2-6.
    Your whole face tp...my heart goes out to you. Your attitude is admirable.

It's troubling that these things develop like sink holes, so I'll be concerned to watch for more, but I've had a few days to process things, and I think I'm resolved to not allow this to take any more time from me than the Rosacea already has.

I still feel more fortunate than most I was able to make such improvement in my condition, the challenge will be to find new solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Kristen,

I know when I was using the BRITEBOX revive RLT every other day for 5 minutes, my face

was noticeably smoother.............my Partner actually commented on it!

I pray that the RLT works for you, I know that you have had good results in the past.

Keeping a diary helps me, then I know when/how long I have done the RLT treatment for!

Judyx
    Thanks Judy

I always noticed my skin more calm, plump, and smooth when using RLT too, so I have some hope it will stimulate new collagen in the damaged area.

In theory RLT should do as the lasers did, but in more time. However, non-thermal low level light is a different animal. I will be researching the effect various fluences have. LED's cycle (or flicker), sometimes faster than the eye can perceive, and I had read controlling those cycle rates has different biological responses.

I'll take your advice and keep a diary. Used to do that and it helped me understand things so much. Hopefully I can uncover useful information and report back my findings.

cheers to you both for your support-
    Kristen
    Last edited by banshee; 21st April 2010 at 10:52 AM.
    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
    RLT (DPL)
    Everyday Minerals
    Bare Minerals Primetime
    Replenix Green Tea Serum
    Ester C, NSI brand SOD

Dear Kristen:

I had my 3rd IPL about 4 weeks ago. Each IPL the derm increased a bit the level. He sets the settings on the machine starts the IPL and then lets his nurse finish. Both are very careful and caring about hurting me. This last time the derm told her to do a 2nd pass with a different head she did as he said and when she got to my nose on the left side it hurt a lot she then said i dont know why i listen to him the nose is delicate it should be the smaller head. she then replace the head with the smaller and continued to do the rest of my nose. I have noticed a difference with each IPL less redness when i do flush i dont get swollen. About a week later after my last IPL I noticed an indention on my nose on the left side around the same area as yours. Itís a line indented which I am almost positive is where it hurt me on the nose. I also notice that my nose flushes more before IPL it would rarely flush and not beet red. But after the 2nd and 3rd IPL I have noticed I flush more. Thankfully to God the indention is a bit less and I pray it continues to be less. I was due for my 4th IPL this week but I rescheduled for 2 wks later. I had damage indention from Vbeam about 4 years ago. Those are still there. Thankfully the IPL has not done any more damage than the nose. Im so scared to get the IPL again for sure I wont have it on my nose again but I would like to continue my cheeks since I have seen an improvement. But just afraid of more damage.. at the same time it has helped me so much so I just donít know what to do. Before I had my 1st IPL I asked the derm about fat loss and he said for sure that didnít happen with IPL yet look what happened last. I will keep my next appmt but will talk to him 1st see what he says. The scary part is that some have said like you that the indention has shown up months later that is very scary.I think that for many of us it just our skin that does this not so much the laser itself our skin reacts different. I think the same about accutane everyone is different and react different to it.

Well all I can do is pray that our indentions fade. Its so sad we have this awful desease and then we try to help it alleviate our problem with laser and then at times we end up worse and unfortunately no one can tell how we will react each time. Each time I get the IPL im so scared and the nurse doesnít understand why I get like that if I have already had it done before by them. What she doesnít understand is that we can do this over and over and be fine or just one time end up with indentions .
    You are lucky you have the RLT so with Godís help it will help you much.
    Good luck .
    Alba
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Thumbs down

Dear Alba,

Another lovely lady who is having problems after laser treatment!

I was so saddened to read your post; I must confess to having never of heard about this
    before I came to this site.

How awful that laser treatment which is of such help to so many rosacea sufferers can have
    this side effect on some.

Thinking of you both.

Jx

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

You are a sweetheart Jx!

You are right it is so strange and I really think it's just how our skin reacts. Both times I've had good derms. Thankfully to God this last indent is small.but yet one more defect to already hurt damaged skin. Yet it has helped much on the other areas. Good has come out of Vbeam and IPL. When i got the indentions from the Vbeam it was under the eyes left and right I use to get awful red swollen bumps there after the vbeam they went away but the indention came in. The IPL is also helping and my derm is very gentle and careful. lets see what he says in 2 wks. But ofcourse he doenst really see indentions anywhere so he will probably not think much of my latest one.

Its sad cuase when my skin is calm not flushed it looks pretty thanks to the latest IPL. But I also think that Vitamin D has helped also at least helped with the severe flushing on my ears. Fingers crossed and praying that I/we all improve!

BIG HUGS Jx
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Oh Alba, so sad you've experienced this too

My thought would be if you keep noticing "sink holes" appearing, then it's a sign your face might not be able to handle further energy.

Nearest I can figure as to why my skin finally had an issue after 70 therapies, is that area just got hit too many times with high energy in a place where the dermis is shallow, and it destroyed the collagen. Unfortunately, that can happen just as well with one treatment.

It's such a difficult spot to be in...having nothing more effective at controlling the relentless flushing than lasers, but having to risk more damage.

I'm humbled to admit I had no idea this problem could happen either, Judy. I pride myself on being someone who researches endlessly and weighs all the pros/cons.

I think I might look into combining topical Vit C with the RLT to jump start collagen production while the "wound" is still fresh.

much healing and many blesses-
    Kristen
    Last edited by banshee; 22nd April 2010 at 12:55 AM.
    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
    RLT (DPL)
    Everyday Minerals
    Bare Minerals Primetime
    Replenix Green Tea Serum
    Ester C, NSI brand SOD

Post Hello Kristen!

As you know I am using RLT (cautiously)!

I am finding that using the RLT and then a 3 hour raw honey mask to be quite effective

so far.

The RLT does it's work and then the honey mask calms & soothes, if you can tolerate it,

the honey mask may be the way to go.

As for research, I think once you have this awful disease & you find something that works,

to think that the very thing that helps may be further damaging your skin is not an obvious

observation...............rosacea does make you HAVE to believe in 'some' things!

Huge hugs to you, please let us know if the RLT helps.

Jx

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

That area has begun to hurt. Ironically get so cold that it aches. I feel it in other places as well and can only hope and pray that's all the damage there is

I've been very scared to read people developing even more serious issues months and years after laser. The anxiety and upset of the scar is enough, but then the worry about more damage popping up. Hard to trust anything, but it seems RLT is all I have.
    Last edited by banshee; 26th April 2010 at 02:58 PM.
    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
    RLT (DPL)
    Everyday Minerals
    Bare Minerals Primetime
    Replenix Green Tea Serum
    Ester C, NSI brand SOD