Thread: How come most people here act like laser treatment is useless for rosacea?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How come most people here act like laser treatment is useless for rosacea?

Is it even worth doing, 3-4 sessions should pretty much reduce it by a lot though right? I always hear how people have unsuccessful treatment with it, have any people had any successful ones?

I had my first Vbeam done last week. I could see results after 2 days and it made me very happy. Swelling and redness was gone after 1-2 days. I will have another one in the end of May, and have nothing negative to say so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I had my first Vbeam done last week. I could see results after 2 days and it made me very happy. Swelling and redness was gone after 1-2 days. I will have another one in the end of May, and have nothing negative to say so far.
    any side effects so far? Is it permanently removed, will it come back?

i have read were people look like the elephant man for a week,,,,,,i'm afraid to find out

Quote Originally Posted by nemz View Post
    any side effects so far? Is it permanently removed, will it come back?
    No side effects at all. It was a bit painful when he did the laser, and I was a bit svollen for a day or two, but it was hardly visible.

Will it come back. Good question. My derm says there is a big chance that it will, but it all depends on how my disease progress, how good I am to avoid sun, triggers etc. It might take a few months, it might take years, and it will maybe be gone forever. Anyway, I will probably have at least 3 or 4 more treatments in that area. But I am surprised that it was that effective after only 1 treatment. It is redness around my mouth and on my nose. The derm told me it will be better and better after each treatment. So far he kept his words.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    No side effects at all. It was a bit painful when he did the laser, and I was a bit svollen for a day or two, but it was hardly visible.

Will it come back. Good question. My derm says there is a big chance that it will, but it all depends on how my disease progress, how good I am to avoid sun, triggers etc. It might take a few months, it might take years, and it will maybe be gone forever. Anyway, I will probably have at least 3 or 4 more treatments in that area. But I am surprised that it was that effective after only 1 treatment. It is redness around my mouth and on my nose. The derm told me it will be better and better after each treatment. So far he kept his words.
    are there any successful stories of people having it disappear forever, well for about more than 20 years?

I think most people go back every year for maintenance. I know my friends dad has had good results and goes back once a year to make sure everything is good!

you have to be careful about reading all the negative posts on the site. There are a lot of people who have had great success with treatments and thus dont go on websites like this one.
    Doug

are there any successful stories of people having it disappear forever, well for about more than 20 years?

I am sorry my friend, but I am not the right person to ask. I am unexperienced with this. Hopefully others can answer you better.

Is it even worth doing, 3-4 sessions should pretty much reduce it by a lot though right? I always hear how people have unsuccessful treatment with it, have any people had any successful ones?
    Like many treatments lasers appears to fall in and out of favour in part due to cost, being able to find someone who is knowledagable, the downtime associated with some lasers and the risk that it might not work.

Whilst I dont recommend it as a first option in the treatment with rosacea I have found it to be very benefical in my treatment and have managed to imprive both my overall flushing and the look of my skin. However after many years of treatment I still have to go every three months to keep seeing benefits and would hate to think how much money I have spent on it.

My advice, do your research beforehand. Find someone with experience of treating other rosaceans and who has realistic expectations about outcome.