Thread: any reason not do v beam?Anybody been cured with just 4 or so treatments?

Default any reason not do v beam?Anybody been cured with just 4 or so treatments?

Its going to cost around $2000 for just 4 treatments and judging by responces here it does not seem to cure the symptons that i do have even after the 4th treatment as people say they still flush and still have redness?However i see v beam results that make peoples skin look normal and have around the same type of redness i do and the doctor im going to see is a very good one that im scheduled for in may.Im having good results in drinking a ton of ice water each day and leaving cream on.I only have a bad flush after having a shower and washing my hair with shampoo and conditionair even when the water was luke warm.Its the soap that gets me i guess.However i can probably just get as red as all of you if i pour cold water over my face for a couple minutes or even have a hot shower with and wash my hair or maybe even if i dont put any cream on my face.Is the best way to get results in the long run be a purpuric v beam and have my face be as red as possible at the time?Iv had this roscea for about a year and a half or just a bit more but its gotten a bit worse overtime.Is there a risk of having permanent marks on my face if i get a purpuric treatment?I really don't care about how bad it makes my face look if its gonna work overtime and i really hate my job now and could go for about 3 months without working. Another reason why im questioning to do this is because its just so much money for the amount of time your there and what there doing but thats besides the point.I know creams are not gonna cure me for the long run so i don't have much choice.

well for me i have few reasons

1-cost 2k is alot of money with no help from insurance
    2- u have to keep up with treatment (more cost)
    3- not a cure
    4- some complications can happen
    5- for some it does not work or helps little

Is IPL cheaper?
    Doug

I have a good doctor doing this procedure and she has been featured on tv and i guess that's why she is going to charge that much but she seems confident she can cure the facial redness and reduce the flushing greatly so what choice do i have?? creams arent working

Quote Originally Posted by beowolf28 View Post
    well for me i have few reasons

1-cost 2k is alot of money with no help from insurance
    2- u have to keep up with treatment (more cost)
    3- not a cure
    4- some complications can happen
    5- for some it does not work or helps little
    not a cure dead true people need to realise that,

yes it does help reduce symptoms do you research!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smackjack22 View Post
    Its going to cost around $2000 for just 4 treatments and judging by responces here it does not seem to cure the symptons that i do have even after the 4th treatment as people say they still flush and still have redness?However i see v beam results that make peoples skin look normal and have around the same type of redness i do and the doctor im going to see is a very good one that im scheduled for in may.Im having good results in drinking a ton of ice water each day and leaving cream on.I only have a bad flush after having a shower and washing my hair with shampoo and conditionair even when the water was luke warm.Its the soap that gets me i guess.However i can probably just get as red as all of you if i pour cold water over my face for a couple minutes or even have a hot shower with and wash my hair or maybe even if i dont put any cream on my face.Is the best way to get results in the long run be a purpuric v beam and have my face be as red as possible at the time?Iv had this roscea for about a year and a half or just a bit more but its gotten a bit worse overtime.Is there a risk of having permanent marks on my face if i get a purpuric treatment?I really don't care about how bad it makes my face look if its gonna work overtime and i really hate my job now and could go for about 3 months without working. Another reason why im questioning to do this is because its just so much money for the amount of time your there and what there doing but thats besides the point.I know creams are not gonna cure me for the long run so i don't have much choice.
    Hi
    My derm is doing three Vbeam treatments for $450, but I live in the Midwest of the US so that could be different.
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

My VBeams are about $425 each. I've had two so far and am supposed to have at least two more...unless he feels I need more. Thankfully, because nothing else has worked, my insurance is covering it. Did you look into that? You might have a case because a) it's treating a medical condition, and b) nothing else you've done has worked. It's worth a shot. The worst they can do is say no. And if you were willing to pay the money anyway, then you are still out the money. But you're not in any worse condition than when you went into it. The way it works for me is I put it on my credit card, and if I get reimbursed, GREAT! If not, then I pay it off. I'm still waiting for the reimbursement, but I'm told it's coming.

In term of whether it's working or not, it's too early for me to tell. My second treatment was two days ago. I went with a stronger pulse the second time. The first treatment didn't result in any noticeable improvement. <shrug> But I feel like this is something I need to give time. The healing takes time. The collagen production takes time. And each treatment may not have noticeable effects in and of itself....but perhaps collectively they will. So, I'm willing to just wait it out and reserve judgment for the time being.

I believe you have to give most treatments, supplements, etc 30-60 days to really see results because the cells need to turnover! Cells turnover about every 30 days.
    Doug