Thread: neem oil

Default neem oil

Hi just wondering if anyone has used this and what their results from using it were. A friend of mine who is into alternative meds and therapies asked around for me and was told that neem oil should be used to treat rosacea. There is a particular brand that is meant to be v effective and he is finding this info out for me. So was just wondering if anyone had any good results using neem oil?

Noddy

Hi All,
    I did not want to start a new thread. Has anyone used Neem soap or Neem cream with any success?

Thanks,
    Steve

Before I knew it was rosacea, I tried neem oil (and a neem cream from Garden of Wisdom). I did not see a noticeable change in the condition of my skin or the diffuse redness I was experiencing at the time. Neem is notable for being antibacterial, antifungal, etc. (powerfully so, it is even used as an insecticide) - it's not particularly anti-inflammatory. I suppose if one is suffering from demodex overgrowth, it may be worth a try.

Be advised - neem oil has a very strong odor (most would say unpleasant). It smells like some kind of nutty garlic to me, not a smell I want clinging to me through the day or overnight. LOL. It was a shocker the first time I opened the bottle, but I did get used to it.

The neem cream from GOW was not helpful to me (at the time I thought it clogged my pores, I now assume it was causing my rosacea to flare slightly, worsening that 'orange peel' roughness from inflammation & causing paps). I haven't tried a neem cream from any other vendor.

Hope that helps!
    Types I, II, IV - mild to moderate, depending ...

Default Neem cream / oil etc

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Hi just wondering if anyone has used this and what their results from using it were. A friend of mine who is into alternative meds and therapies asked around for me and was told that neem oil should be used to treat rosacea. There is a particular brand that is meant to be v effective and he is finding this info out for me. So was just wondering if anyone had any good results using neem oil?

Noddy
    I have used neem oil for a number of things including insect bites and athletes foot. I had a mineral neem cream that I found on a website, neemproductsaustralia.com, I used the cream on some spots on my face, I didn't know it might have been rosacea, but afetr I treated it and it went away, a friend of mine said it could be. If I see a spot coming up again, I use the cream for a couple of days and it's fine. I tried neem capsules as part of a detox and as a result my skin was clearer and I think my liver was functioning better as a lot of toxins were passed through. The smell of the neem oil is a little offputting at first, but well worth the nutty, burnt, garlic smell. In the cream that smell isn't there.