Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahh cetaphil!!!!

I tried cetaphil and it was ok
    I tried the aveeno line and i reacted to the lotion w/ the scent so I won't try it again
    I cleared up a bad flare up using the lil mini trial pack from clinique, I also have used murad's line and I use bareminerals foundation products.. I also take the yellow clinique powder and mix it with the bare mineral mineral viel and seems to be working fine.

I have just been placed on fincea creme and minecycle (spelling sorry) along with metro gel so we will see how that goes.. DR thinks I need laser treatment but he does not do it, hmmm... so I will wait and see how all this does..

Had an emergency appt with the derma today (not the one I saw a few weeks back) she said I had severe inflammation!!! I told her the cetaphil story and she then confirmed that I am not the first person that she has seen today that has had a severe reaction to the product! Another paitent of hers also had severe inflammation and a breakout of spots! She said she has always told her patients since '91 to use this product and hardly has patients that have been troubled with it. She believes that something may have gone wrong or they have changed the ingredients....so just to let you know for anyone else who may have had a reaction to the product!

Noddy - too bad we have to be the guinea pigs to find out a product no longer works well.
    Sorry to hear about your condition - what procedures were you recommended to follow in order to calm your skin down?
    P.S. Still doing the honey with good, but not perfect results. I will give it a few more days to finish the week and then post back with my impressions.
    Also, I am planning on going on an exclusion diet soon, so pretty soon only chicken and rice for me for at least a week. I'm nervous about the possibility of growing so sick of both of these foods I'm never going to want to eat them again.
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Hey Christine glad that the honey is working so well for you! hope it continues to help...

The derma said I should wash my face with just water x 2 and after the eve wash to aPply the topical antibiotic I've been prescribed. She said not to use anything else on my face inc moisturisers as that will irritate my face further. She said I should allow my skin to flake and that the inflammation will die down within 7-10 days. I have another appt with her next week as she wants to keep a close eye on me!

Exclusion diet - just chicken and rice? Why these two items to start with? Is it simply chicken and rice for the whole wk or will you be eating greens as well? Fingers crossed it all works out for you and you don't get bored of chicken and rice! Hope you get some answers soon...keep me posted!

Hi noddy, have you been seeing any improvement with your skin yet?

Since it's been one week without much other noticeable improvements with honey (besides the initial calming effect after quitting Cetaphil), I'm going to try washing with Spectraderm, which I had pretty good results with back in January, even though it seems too mild to even take off makeup. Maybe I'll wash with honey once every three days for a deeper clean if I feel I need it.

Yeah, I just want to cut out as many foods as I can in one shot to see if my skin has a favorable reaction. I figured the easiest way to determine that is to just eat as few things as I possibly could, although now I'm debating the rice and wonder if I should go on a 'healthy' grain, like quinoa or buckwheat instead.

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Hi Christine123

So you're giving up on the honey...maybe you need to give it a bit longer before you see any results??? Spectraderm - never heard of this? Is this a US product? Did you find yourself a suitable moisturiser?

My imflammation is dying down in colour - but still pretty bad! I have light brown skin so the shades of pink/purple/red are really yuck! It also looks like I have acne, but on closer inspection of the skin it looks like red flat pimples under the skin??? Is this acne??? Never had that before!!! All the serious looking whiteheads have gone. My forehead and chin cleared up too - although yesterday a few spots broke out again on my chin??? This could be due to me trying to get rid of the flakey skin on the chin area - as I wanted myself to look a bit presentable as I had guests over!

My cheeks have been pretty red the last few months, but its only the last couple of weeks since using the cetaphil where people have been making comments 'Your face is so red - whats happened?', 'I dont know how you do it' (able to go out with a face that looks ewhh) , 'I feel really sorry for you' ,'you should sue them' lol. Im not a bad looking person prior to the reaction but now i really do feel ugly and yuck and glad i have been signed off work for another week to allow my skin to heal or come back down to just being red! Vainity eh?!

My skin is really dry and flaking as I am not allowed to put anything on my face besides water and the topical I have been prescribed! The itching stopped for a couple of days but returned again yesterday! Ive never had a reaction to a product like this before and dont know when it will die down but im praying and hoping v soon!

Hope you get answers v soon too christine and that your current flare dies down quickly and you stay in remission for good!

Default Update

Had another appt with my derma doc. This last week since i last saw her there have been more cases of her patients having reactions to the cetaphil!!! So please beware!!!

Has anyone had positive results using Cetaphil? I currently use Vanicream SPF 60 but it leaves my face so greasy. Looks like im sweating at times. Plus I dont think it really moisturizers. Any good moisturizers with hight SPF's? Is Cetaphil's worth trying?
    Doug

mrsmoof: imo, the Cetaphil moisturizer isn't very good (I don't know if it made me react badly since the cleanser was already doing that...), but what I noticed was that, at least with the moisturizer with sunblock, my skin was shiny, but a different kind than just the standard greasy look. It looked like a whitish glow, like the cream or sunscreen was leaving a whitish film over the face that never absorbs properly or something. I can't really tell you how well it works as a moisturizer because I used it one time and didn't like it.

Default Sunscreen

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    Has anyone had positive results using Cetaphil? I currently use Vanicream SPF 60 but it leaves my face so greasy. Looks like im sweating at times. Plus I dont think it really moisturizers. Any good moisturizers with hight SPF's? Is Cetaphil's worth trying?
    I've had luck using the Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotion Broad Sectrum SPF 60+ or the
    NEUTROGENA Pure & Free Liquid SPF 50 which is more sheer and less shiny.