Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting the Honey treatment with pics. Advice please.

Day 12 Non Treatment Day

I just took these two pictures about 10 minutes ago. I think you can really get a better look at my condition with these. I took them really close to my face and in better lighting. These pictures look like my condition worsen but today was actually a calm day with little dryness and very little redness. As the day went on I made a mistake and I went to workout about 3 hours ago. This made it flare up just a little bit and i think i maybe starting another flare up cycle. We'll see. I'm so upset with myself because right before the gym it looked great. I cant complain too much because overall it looks better. The right side of my face has really calmed down, now i wish the left side would take heed.

One thing that i think has made my condition worsen over the last few years is stress. It's tuff not to stress out when you go through long hard days with painful SD but i've started to take notice of my daily stress level and when it goes up i try my best to relax. I hope expressing my condition in this forum will also help as a release. You see, i never talk about my SD. I rarely talk about it with my wife not that she cant tell. But lately I've been talking about it and i believe it has helped with stress. I've also taken less trips to the mirror. I think this helps a ton.

A second thing im also trying is a new diet. More vegetables and water and lot less junk food. No milk and very little bread/flours. I've lost 13 pounds in the three weeks and i need to lose about 15 more to be at my ideal weight. I'm also hoping to eliminate most of the bad fatty acids ( I believe their referred to as Omega 6 or pro inflammatory fatty acids). I'm new to the whole nutrition thing so bare with me.

Auburn,

I started the Honey Wash last night and it felt much better as far as the tightness goes. And, the flakes were kept to a very low minimum. I will definitely keep up the honey wash.

I will for sure use the coconut oil to cook and i think i may have tracked down some virgin oil from my mother-in law. So i hope to use that this weekend.

Anyways, thank you again.

Damien
    Attached Images

still day 12

I forgot to add that my scalp and ears are much better.
    they've actually been doing really well since after day 1 of the honey treatment.
    Zero flakes in the ears and my scalp has had zero flake build up too.

Even if this dosent work for my face I know it has worked GREAT for my scalp and ears.

Default this is going to work good for you

remember to leave it on for a good amount of time, your sd looks like mine....

I don't know if your trying lots of other things on your face but I would try just the honey for a while... that is what helped me....

Day 13 Treatment Day

I'm going to put the Honey Treatment on before bed tonight like Auburn recommended
    And, thank you for the positive outlook.
    I have given up and put away my Ketoz shampoo and hydrocortizone (cream) prescription.
    How long do you recommend leaving the honey mask on for?

Well the slight flare up i got yesterday from working out turned out to be a stingy red flare up by the end of the night. So far the red and dryness comes and goes but it's still not as bad as before i started the treatment. It looks like it could clear up if just given a chance. So mad at my self for working out yesterday, because it really was looking much better.

Can't wait to put the treatment on tonight before bed.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post

So mad at my self for working out yesterday, because it really was looking much better.
    Please, Damien, don't feel that way. Exercise is good for you. As the treatment progresses and the honey/oil heal your skin, you will notice less reaction to exertion. In the meantime you could try reducing the intensity of the workout.

Do you exercise at home? Machines or free weights?
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Also, Damien, in today's photos I can see how dry your cheeks are. The oil will provide relief but, please, try to increase your water intake as much as possible.

The raw honey is a fantastic skin conditioner but, obviously, it can't be left on all day. That's why using the virgin coconut oil is important, because it is absorbed and works from within day and night.

Btw, for the raw honey mask, three hours is all you need - my cheeks and forehead looked worse than yours when I started the treatment yet the seb derm cleared in about a month.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Auburn

I don't feel that way about working out in general. I love to workout and I do quite often.
    3-4 days a week with free weights. I was able to keep the flare ups down when I workEd out. well that is until 4 weeks ago when every time I worked out I started to flare up. I worked out the other day and that
    small flare up turned even worse last night after the
    wash and honey treatment. This morning the SD on
    my face was very burned. It looks like the war on my face from the last two days may be over and hopefully it dries up and goes away.

it seems as if the fungus is doing all it can to fight to come out.
    or could it be me not using my medication in 2 weeks now?
    Anyways it seems like a war is taking place on my skin.

I purchased extra virgin coconut oil from a natural health store this morining.
    Hope it helps with the dryness.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post

I don't feel that way about working out in general.
    I know. My comment was about that particular day.

it seems as if the fungus is doing all it can to fight to come out.
    or could it be me not using my medication in 2 weeks now?
    Both.

auburn

it sure feels like both. And, sorry for the misunderstanding.
    That day I worked out extremely light with machine weights.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted!

Day 14 Non Treatment
    Attached Images